Ryback shoots!

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

What is the pay structure in Japan, does Tanahashi get paid more than Captain New Japan?

Not sure about the disparity between the different wrestlers, but AFAIK the Japanese guys are on a fixed one-year contract with a set salary rather than it depending on the gate. Traditionally foreigners have been paid a flat fee to work a specific tour.

• Moderators

Everyone should be paid equally, regardless of their impact on ticket sales and other metrics? Ryback should team up with Jennifer Lawrence.

I wonder if he'll have the same strong feelings about equal pay on the indie circuit?

I think both of these posts miss the point of the idea that in WWE these days no one wrestler really moves the needle. The same can't be said of the indies.

• Paid Members

Everyone should be paid equally, regardless of their impact on ticket sales and other metrics? Ryback should team up with Jennifer Lawrence.

I wonder if he'll have the same strong feelings about equal pay on the indie circuit?

I think both of these posts miss the point of the idea that in WWE these days no one wrestler really moves the needle. The same can't be said of the indies.

Yeah, maybe. I just wanted to take a dig at JLaw.

He also doesn't understand how the entertainment industry works. At all.

Exactly!

More successful entertainers get paid more, largely because they attract more fans.

I've seen scores of comedians who I enjoyed more than Lee Evans. But they earn less because they don't sell out Wembley Arena five nights in a row. Same thing with bands, film actors, tv presenters.

The pay structure has nothing to do with win/loss records as Ryback suggests. Rather, if you bring less money in to a company, you earn less!

Trying to play the wronged party and even less the equality campaigner shows how cluelessly deluded Ryback is.

Factor in that he WAS given a number of opportunities at the top (admittedly he mainly lost but was treated no less favourably than Ambrose and Wyatt have recently) he hasn't anything near a credible argument.

• Paid Members

If they Future Endeavour him, what's everyone's predictions?

"JB, is that who I think it is?"

"I know that guy.... its..... its...... RYAN BACK! What's he doing here in the Impact Zone?"

Bryan Ack I'm going for

• Paid Members

Da Big Guy. Cue Drew McIntyre calling him Da Big Gay and it launching a 6 month feud as an in the closet Da Big Guy refuses to use Powerbombs, Bear Hugs or German Suplex's for fear of people realising his dark secret...

He can actually wrestle. 

• Awards Moderator

"I know that guy.... its..... its...... RYAN BACK! What's he doing here in the Impact Zone?"

Bryan Ack I'm going for

Ryfront, surely.

Clutching at straws here, but could this be a worked shoot? It's no secret that The Big Guy thinks CM Punk is a prick. With his superb trolling at Payback, and now taking his ball and going home because he wants things to change. Any chance it could be a wind up? No idea what the end goal in that would be though.

Neither side of all that Punk taunting, work or shoot, makes any sense. I can't see the point of a bloke who's entirely on his arse creatively and in terms of popularity having a pop at a retired, married millionaire who gets paid to watch hockey and be the MMA equivalent of Idan Tal at Everton and who still gets chants on television years after he fucked off. It's sub Nacho Man if it's a work and it's just some tit if it isn't.

• Paid Members

Neither side of all that Punk taunting, work or shoot, makes any sense.

They were in Chicago and Ryback's a heel. He was taking the piss out of the fans before they had a chance to take the piss out of him. That's not as deep as people are making out.

Archived