NXT Spoiler Pace Discussion *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

Chances are if Roode ever makes it to the main roster, he's going to be in his 40s. The WWE model is quite odd these days. Love Bobby Roode, but its quite unthinkable he'll be a big star in WWE considering his age.

Bobby Roode is about 6 months older than AJ Styles, and he seems to be doing OK for himself in WWE at the moment 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

So for June 8ths Takeover it potentially looks like we're getting.

Samoa Joe Vs. Finn Balor

Asuka Vs. Nia Jax

Shinsuke Nakamura Vs. Austin Aries

Nia Jax is shit. She's just a fat bird. She doesn't have that air of a monster about her that someone like Awesome Kong sometimes had.

• Paid Members

Chances are if Roode ever makes it to the main roster, he's going to be in his 40s. The WWE model is quite odd these days. Love Bobby Roode, but its quite unthinkable he'll be a big star in WWE considering his age.

Bobby Roode is about 6 months older than AJ Styles, and he seems to be doing OK for himself in WWE at the moment 

Big difference in Roode and Styles. One had leverage to negotiate a place on the main roster and a large contract, and the other doesnt. There's hardly a comparison between the pair of them.

• Paid Members

They want those 200k rare fans who still watch TNA to just buy the damn Network. Strategy.

I seriously doubt there are 200,000 wrestling fans so dedicated to TNA that they've not got the Network on that basis.

• Paid Members

How old was Big Dave when he got the evolution gig

So for June 8ths Takeover it potentially looks like we're getting.

Samoa Joe Vs. Finn Balor

Asuka Vs. Nia Jax

Shinsuke Nakamura Vs. Austin Aries

Nia Jax is shit. She's just a fat bird. She doesn't have that air of a monster about her that someone like Awesome Kong sometimes had.

Glad it's not just me. When she turned up this week she looked like Eva's Mum coming to pick her up from school.

I like Bobby Roode as much as the next person and would love to see him get a run at the top. I just don't think it's likely to happen. He'll always be the guy that could've been a star for WWE's competition had TNA worked out differently. I also worry about how small he'd look next to guys like Trips, Cena and Roman, when a big part of his appeal is his look. He looked great in TNA next to the X-Division lads and veterans with saggy tits but he wouldn't have that luxury on Raw.

• Paid Members

Roode leading a faction with The Revival as it's Tag Team and Aries as the smaller guy (a la Blanchard) could be all kinds of fun, having them boss NXT could be all kinds of fun.

Would be easier to call them up afterwards too

Roode as a super heel would be awesome.

Fantasy booking alert:

Roode leads a four man stable including Aries and The Revival. Regal gets a beat down once he tries to control them after months of dickish behaviour, leading to HHH vs Roode. I don't know if HHH will ever wrestle in NXT, but it would be like Punk in Chicago. Would set all four men up for a very strong call up

Roode as a super heel would be awesome.

Fantasy booking alert:

Roode leads a four man stable including Aries and The Revival. Regal gets a beat down once he tries to control them after months of dickish behaviour, leading to HHH vs Roode. I don't know if HHH will ever wrestle in NXT, but it would be like Punk in Chicago. Would set all four men up for a very strong call up

Triple H as the avenging angel of NXT is actually the role I'd most like to see him in now. The crowds would be electric for him. He's doing house show matches every so often so I'm sure they could stick him on a Takeover. Hype the shit out of it on Raw and they'd probably get their best ever number.

Less suspension-of-disbeliefable but more productive in getting someone ready for the big roster might be Triple H turning on a big babyface who he thinks is trying to overshadow the NXT brand. Finn Balor or Sami Zayn could've been good for it, although it's basically just Austin vs McMahon 45762279... Unless it was less Authority conspiracy and more like HHH when he first feuded with Cena and Sheamus, making himself the big proving ground. A win over Hunter would send someone to the main roster with a bang.

Nah, that stinks of Daddy stepping in to fight the kids battles. Payoff would have to be to make someone a future star on the back of it. As much as you can on developmental of course.

Archived