Things you got rid of which are now worth £££

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I had a shit load of Star Wars stuff that benefitted the local branch of Oxfam very well.

Millenium Falcon, AT-ST (with authentic Riverdance movement), Rebel Troop Transporter, Slave 1, all sorts. I remember the Y-wing Fighter being really well detailed and close to being accurately scaled to the figures.

Transformers was the other one I had a lot of (and I don't actually know where they went). Plenty of the early ones like Soundwave, Megatron, Optimus Prime, Sunstreaker, and then up through Dinobots and Insecticons, Headmasters and Powermasters.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not something I gave away or sold but I did break the lightsaber on his original Darth Vader figure when I was a kid. In good nick they're still worth a few quid loose with non-repro sabers. I just hope it wasn't one of the super rare double telescoping ones because they're worth silly money.

• Paid Members

He-Man stuff has been done to death on here already, but I had to sell all of mine on the car boot when we uprooted from Corby to Peterborough in around '89.

In fairness, the reason for moving was that we'd been broken into 8 times in 8 years, so chances are if I hadnt flogged it, it'd have gotten nicked at some point anyway. Given the used Nescafe jar full of 2ps i'd been saving for our trip to Yarmouth was fair game, I assume nothing was off the table.

Fortunately, my mum is cool as fuck and bought me a He-Man, Battlecat and Stridor for Christmas this year - not in mint condition or anything, more for nostalgia purposes - hardly worth a fortune, but having looked to add to the ranks (my boy has taken quite a shine to them - below) even loose and well used they're going for £20 or so a pop.

Heman_zpslpn0wgyu.jpg

I've no idea what it fetches these days, but my other childhood hoarde would have been a near complete set of A-Team toys.  As iconic as the van is, and considering i've never been a car guy, i played the shit out of this badboy.  I miss that car now.  This thread has made me cry.

197_l.jpg

Only thing I had which could fit into this category is a full set of ghostbusters toys. My Dad pick them up from the bargain pages for about 25 quid off some rich fuckers who flogged the lot to get rid of them before moving to America.

Full set of every toy, all boxed and that. Obviously as a child I opened and destroyed them all with excessive playing, but I'd assume they'd probably pick up some okay money now if my Dad had just shoved them in the loft

When I was a kid, I collected Subbuteo teams, and then got rid of the lot when my parents decided to clear their attic a few years back. Most seem to go for around a tenner now, some rare ones for a couple of hundred quid. I had 32 teams, including the 1994 limited edition Cameroon world cup squad that I've never seen anywhere else.

They're probably still down the tip.

• Paid Members

When I was a kid, I collected Subbuteo teams, and then got rid of the lot when my parents decided to clear their attic a few years back. Most seem to go for around a tenner now, some rare ones for a couple of hundred quid. I had 32 teams, including the 1994 limited edition Cameroon world cup squad that I've never seen anywhere else.

My parents would have been found in black bags in said attic!

• Paid Members

Standard stuff, really - Star Wars toys, maybe some He-man stuff. With me it's mainly books/comics/VHS/DVDs - I've moved a lot, mainly in a hurry, and then emigrated. If my Parents had wanted to help me out with storage in their big, mostly empty house, I'd still have several grand in stuff that was sold off or dumped.

• Paid Members

I had loads of the USA 94 teams, Cameroon included, surely they're worth nothing?

Contrary to what this thread's about but I've just had a look on ebay and there's some great, old Subbuteo stuff going for barely anything. Sort of thing that would make a nice gift for a footie fan. 

If the links/auctions run out, I just typed in 'Subbuteo teams'.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subbuteo-HW-Team-Leeds-United-Ref-21-Boxed-/351707195099?hash=item51e361e6db:g:xsQAAOSw2GlXDmTj

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subbuteo-HW-Team-8-Dunfirmline-Newcastle-St-Mirren-/272208672282?hash=item3f60e6b61a:g:9wAAAOSwZtJW~TcA

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Subbuteo-Heavyweight-Football-Team-Luton-Town-Boxed-/301925961713?hash=item464c308ff1:g:sl4AAOSw0QFXC8cH

• Paid Members

Standard stuff, really - Star Wars toys, maybe some He-man stuff. With me it's mainly books/comics/VHS/DVDs - I've moved a lot, mainly in a hurry, and then emigrated. If my Parents had wanted to help me out with storage in their big, mostly empty house, I'd still have several grand in stuff that was sold off or dumped.

I just sold Like 350 DVDs to music magpie for 90 quid, so no one's sitting on a gold mine with those.

• Paid Members

I had Mega Man 8 complete on PS1 that I got from a charity shop maybe a year after release for no more than a tenner. Binned it when I got shot of my PS1 and now it goes for up to £180.

I had some transformers Beasts (the insect ones) but no idea if they go for anything.

Most toys from the 80s are only worth any serious dosh if they are mint in the box. If you were a child in the 80s and got given a Soundwave then decided not to play with it then fuck you. If you got that shit and didn't immediately tear it out of the box to play with it then you had a terrible childhood. I still have 2 of my old Transformers, Metroplex and Jetfire, both of which are scuffed to shit and have poorly applied stickers, but I fucking loved playing with them. I still occasionally look on ebay for a G1 Soundwave, because that was my favourite Transformer toy as a kid, but due to a problem with it's design the legs were prone to falling off.

Archived