The Dr D David Schultz Appreciation Station

PowerButchi

• Moderators

You know who's the most fun, and most wrestling wrestler of all time? It's Dr D David Schultz.

Let's ignore the Stossel stuff, it's been gone over a million times before. Let's just look at how he's the biggest badass in the world. He became a Bounty Hunter, and appeared on the Morton Downey Jr one, his second appearance. His first was as a wrestler, fighting for Kayfabe to the bitter end, and calling Jim Wilson and Eddie Mansfield pooves with lashings of tasty racism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83gGyHgRKUo

We're also talking about a man WHO IS NOT AFRAID TO BE A HEEL!. Swastika T-shirt? Check. Claiming to have fucked Lawler and Bruisrer Brody's wives? Check. ACCUSING JERRY LAWLER OF HAVING AIDS?! Check.

Going on about how they string up and beat the fuck out of black folk in the deep south? Check!

Calling his opponents gay (No, not the Hogan promo), while bigging up his own virility? Check!

And more importantly, HE IS THE GREATEST COMEDY PROMO OF ALL TIME! Look at these two vignettes off Tuesday Night Titans. Fucking hilarious. I honestly think they are possibly the greatest comedy vignettes in wrestling history.

At home with Dr D:

Dr D's Gun Collection:

So yeah. Dr D David Schultz is awesome, and I hope to see you all agree. And if you don't, say way, and the mother fucker will see this, track you down, and fucking kill you. Fuck's a bounty hunter. THE MOST DANGEROUS IN THE WORLD, according to his shoot. After all, just check this perm. You've gotta be a dangerous mother fucker to wear this.

hqdefault.jpg

• Paid Members

At home with Dr. D. David Schultz is my favourite non-wrestling wrestling skit ever.

The whole thing is gold, but especially the part where he's lobbing bread at his son and shouting" you want a piece of bread, well HERE'S a piece of bread". That, plus the legendary "What is this? The city dump?".

I love Dr. D and have always been gutted that he never got his rightful 10 year reign on top. Screw Steve Austin, we all know who the nation's real beer swilling redneck hero is.

• Paid Members

Some positive news is that the good doctor is a but a sprightly 60 years young. If WWE really want to get Roman Reigns over as a face I can't think of anything more likely to do that than Dr. D asking Roman if he's from San Francisco because he has long hair.

• Paid Members

My favourite bit of that incredible promo with Savage is that Savage speaks first, saying they don't need to come out there all shouting... and then D does the most shouty rant. Oh, and Savage floats around while he's doing it. If I ever do a wrestling show, I'll have someone do that promo, word for word, and when people say "you stole it", I will say, "yes, yes I did".

• Paid Members

This man was so far ahead of his time, he was doing an edgier version of the Stone Cold gimmick a whole decade before Steve Austin used it to become the biggest star in the business. Fuck the Attitude era, the good doctor WAS Attitude.

Exact same beady little eyes as Austin, too. The similarities are striking.

I absolutely love the 'At Home' skit, seen that several times, but hadn't seen the gun one before. I fucking love the bit where Vince and Alfred absolutely shit themselves when he fires the gun!

• Paid Members

This thread kept me up until 4.30am. Cheers.

It's very strange, because if I was to be asked by a sound minded person, I'd have to say he was a complete dick head in regards to his racist/homophobe craic. It can't be denied.

However, why the fuck is he still amazing? How the hell has he managed to engage me to the point I'm thoroughly entertained by him, and dare I say, like him.

That's some amazing skill and presence he has.

... Or maybe it says more about me, which is dreadful and incredibly uncomfortable to think about.

• Paid Members

Dr D's Gun Collection:

I'd forgotten how fucking funny this is. Dr. D's reaction to Vince touching his gun was like a better version of The Rock's "It doesn't matter..." and Alfred Hayes "Who would want to shoot a dove?" is hilarious.

So good.

So different to all the good little boys around these days.

So sad wrestlers aren't extensions of themselves anymore. If he was in NXT, like that'd happen, he'd be told he was a make up salesman or some bollocks taking selfies. Or Steph would put him in his place, or give out shit to him for actually ad libbing.

Great thread!

Archived