The Dr D David Schultz Appreciation Station

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Great thread. I love Dr D. I just can't fathom that a man like him would walk into a barbers and ask for a perm though. He'd have to sit there with one of them big 80's hair dryers over his head.

I assume it was just another way to get into fights, like some deranged version of a pickup artist.

• Moderators

Great thread. I love Dr D. I just can't fathom that a man like him would walk into a barbers and ask for a perm though. He'd have to sit there with one of them big 80's hair dryers over his head.

I assume it was just another way to get into fights, like some deranged version of a pickup artist.

Like Vyvyan naming his baby either Shut Up or Piss Off.

• Paid Members

The great man does not seem to be a big fan of Sergeant Slaughter, or mean Gene, or his family, or his friends, or Cape Cod.

Fantastic. Love the cameraman zooming in to cut Gene'so corpsing out of shot.

We need a decent photoshopper to whip his hair off and check if that really is Steve Austin under there.

From Wrestling Observer Jan 06, 1992, height of the Steroid scandals pegs him at 65 years old now:

I'm expecting that if the WWF even responds at all to what will be alleged provided Inside Edition goes

with the most powerful allegations, the response will be to attack the credibility of Graham and Shults
rather than address the veracity of the claims. I've discussed the statements made with other wrestlers
and wrestling personalities over the past two weeks who were around Hogan during the time periods
discussed. Nothing Shults or Graham claimed was outright denied by anyone. Many of the stories, but not
all of them, were corroborated. Shults, who wrestled professionally from 1976 to 1988, is best known for
his slapping 20/20 reporter John Stossel in a December 1984 incident in Madison Square Garden when the
program did that "tremendous" job of journalism in establishing that pro wrestling wasn't true competitive
sport. In fact, 20/20 has refused to interview Shults as part of their piece because of that incident. Shults
did claim in a pre-trial deposition, according to sources at 20/20, that when Stossel sued Shults and Titan
Sports (and collected $425,000 in an out-of-court settlement from Titan and its insurance company) that
his attack on Stossel was under orders from Vince McMahon. Shults, 41, was good friends with Hogan in
the Memphis and Pensacola circuit when Hogan first broke into wrestling as Terry "The Hulk" Boulder. In
fact, Hogan used to regularly stay at Shults' home in Nashville when he was working the Memphis circuit.
He later worked opposite Hogan as a headliner in the AWA and jumped with Hogan in December of 1983
to the WWF. However, Shults was fired by the WWF in 1985 after an incident in Los Angeles when he
attacked actor Mr. T in an unstaged incident. After retiring from wrestling a few years later, Shults gained
some national notoriety as a highly publicized professional bounty hunter, bringing fugitives to justice.
Shults, who was one of 43 pro wrestlers listed as receiving fed-ex packages from Dr. George Zahorian,
admitted in the Inside Edition interview to using steroids from the late 1970s through the remainder of his
wrestling career, saying it increased his weight from 200 pounds to more than 280 pounds.

• Moderators

I'd have more faith in the age being correct if the article didn't get his name wrong (unless Shults is his shoot name?)

I think it is. He's been "Shults" and "Schultz". So I assume it's a Rotunda/Rotundo thing.

I'd have more faith in the age being correct if the article didn't get his name wrong (unless Shults is his shoot name?)

I'd have more faith in Big Dave than Wikipedia and all the databases, eh, based on that. God knows about the age, would explain him looking a bit older though.

I think it is. He's been "Shults" and "Schultz". So I assume it's a Rotunda/Rotundo thing.

i reckon that's right.

Just wanted to post due to the 'roids and "Shults was fired by the WWF in 1985 after an incident in Los Angeles when he

attacked actor Mr. T in an unstaged incident."

Archived