Superstar Threads

boshealecta

So like a geek, I can spend many minutes (ok hours!) changing superstar attires on the WWE games. I've also been watching lots of 80's and 90's PPV's and remember loving the colourful wrestlers as a kid and the fancy clothes. Sometimes it frustrates me that the current roster don't always have distinguishable/exciting/fun outfits to make them stand out and seem larger than life.

With that in mind whose attire would you change or tweak? Who is in need of a makeover or a new image. Sort of like a wrestling version of those features they do on This Morning.

For me I love that Bray Wyatt doesn't wear wrestling gear but feel that should just be unique to him. For some reason it irritates me having Dean Ambrose wear Bulldogs left over jeans. I get he's a lunatic, but Austin was able to roam around in jeans but when it came to wrestling, he had wrestling gear. If Ambrose wore actual trunks I could take him seriously in the ring more and he would look like a potential champion.

So what are your suggestions?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Get Reigns out of that stupid vest. Whether he wears trunks or tights, I don't care, just make him look more like a wrestler and less like D-Lo Brown Cosplay.

I'd take The Ryback out of his singlet, too, and into trunks. Swagger, too. Fuck, singlets are *rubbish* except on fat lads.

Yeah Ryback looks outright fearsome in trunks, get some kecks on that man!

I think the best example of a wrestler playing it right with their outfit in recent memory was Seth Rollins at Summerslam in his all-white garb:

seth-rollins-sting-wwe-return-ftr.jpg?w=

This one-time outfit effort portrayed him as a far more convincing heel than anything I can remember him saying on television, he gave a proper cocky strut spitting water while coming out - that's the heel champ I wanted to see more of.

• Paid Members

Bray Wyatt isn't a character who should wear his own merchandise. That's something that has been bothering me recently. His look with a vest underneath a Hawaiian shirt is absolutely perfect, but he shouldn't wrestle in official gear. Also noticed that Erick Rowan now has a sheep face print on the back of his onesie. These guys should never look like they have been anywhere near a WWE costume department.

• Paid Members

Put Reigns in trunks. 

Why? Sure, change up his gear. I'm all for that. But he looks better in pants than he did in trunks and he suits gear that enhances his massive arms and shoulders.

Get Reigns out of that stupid vest. Whether he wears trunks or tights, I don't care, just make him look more like a wrestler and less like D-Lo Brown Cosplay.

Please don't make me wheel out the idea for Purple Reigns again.

I'd take The Ryback out of his singlet, too, and into trunks. Swagger, too. Fuck, singlets are *rubbish* except on fat lads.

I like it on Swagger, the three weeks that come around every two and a half years or so that he's actually over. I liked it on Kurt and his drones. I think it fits when your gimmick is "rassler." And it worked on RVD because it was sublimated with all his wacky yin yang / dragon stuff and made him look, ahem, one of a kind.

I think the best example of a wrestler playing it right with their outfit in recent memory was Seth Rollins at Summerslam in his all-white garb:

When I saw Seth in the white tights, I instantly thought, for reasons I couldn't fathom, "You really want to be Tanahashi, dont'cha?" Possibly because (correct me if this is a false memory) I'd seen him pull off the Sling Blade in a few matches. Anyway, those tights made me think "Tana cosplay" .... and bugger me, if he didn't perform a High Fly Flow in that very match!

edit - moved Seth tirade to random thoughts where it belongs..

Archived