Wrestlers who 'made' others.

Snitsky's back acne

Foley for Orton. though being in Evolution would've helped him no end too. the whole legend killer thing, great run with that IC title, by Wrestlemania there were plenty who thought he had a great chance of beating Taker. one of my fav and most organic seeming pushes ever

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I always understood it that WM21 was a double "making", with both brands' champions elevating their up-and-coming opponents: Triple H making Batista, and JBL making Cena.

Foley for Orton. though being in Evolution would've helped him no end too. the whole legend killer thing, great run with that IC title, by Wrestlemania there were plenty who thought he had a great chance of beating Taker. one of my fav and most organic seeming pushes ever

Triple H definitely cut him off there, not saying his title reign was gonna be amazing, but you know.

Though I would say he certainly made Batista to make up for it

Cena made Punk at MITB 2011.

Nah he didn't. Punk made himself with the pipebomb promo from the stage. Cena just played his part and allowed Punk's heat to carry on. I'd say Vince did just as much if not more for Punk than Cena did in that story.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not under valuing Cena's role in that story. He played his part very well and was a key component. It just wasn't a case of making someone in a similar way to how HHH made Batista.

As for Punk returning the favour to Ryback that was all such a fucking shambles. The match should never have been booked in the first place. They should have gone with a 6 way Cell match, with Ryback just destroying everyone like a mental super hero. Eventually with him leaving the cage (maybe to murder someone by throwing them off the top) and Punk sneaking a win

• Paid Members

I always understood it that WM21 was a double "making", with both brands' champions elevating their up-and-coming opponents: Triple H making Batista, and JBL making Cena.

You see it's funny, because at the time I thought dispatching Kurt Angle in a one on one match the month before at No Way Out did far more for underlining Cena as "a big time player, not in the future, NOW" than actually winning the title from JBL. But that's probably because I never truly saw JBL as a player, more of a loser in over his head that just kept getting lucky. When he beat Angle, I accepted Cena as being on that level. Beating Bradshaw for the belt was such an inevitability, it didn't do anything for me in terms of my perception of Cena. Probably just me.

People won't agree but I really think Triple H helped a lot in making Daniel Bryan.

How so? Bryan already had fans behind him before beating HHH. That wasn't a case of elevating, it was more a case of allowing someone to be in the position everyone already wanted him to be in.

Angle did a great one match making of Jay Lethal. After that match I was ready to accept Lethal in a much higher position than he had previously been in. Sadly it happened in TNA so there was no follow up at all and has since been pretty much forgotten about

• Paid Members

Rock and Hogan were tremendous when they got their lumps from Lesnar. Squeezing the life out of a bloody Hogan is maybe the best visual they've done since the Austin v Bret Hart ending. Rock was brilliant during the SummerSlam build too.

I was going to say the same. Brock looked like a proper star after that Summerslam match. I'd say The Rock made him

Rock and Hogan were tremendous when they got their lumps from Lesnar. Squeezing the life out of a bloody Hogan is maybe the best visual they've done since the Austin v Bret Hart ending. Rock was brilliant during the SummerSlam build too.

I was going to say the same. Brock looked like a proper star after that Summerslam match. I'd say The Rock made him

Hogan did his part too. Have you ever seen anybody squash Hulk the way Lesnar did? Hogan did everything he could to make Lesnar look like a beast when he absolutely did not have to.

People won't agree but I really think Triple H helped a lot in making Daniel Bryan.

How so? Bryan already had fans behind him before beating HHH. That wasn't a case of elevating, it was more a case of allowing someone to be in the position everyone already wanted him to be in.

Angle did a great one match making of Jay Lethal. After that match I was ready to accept Lethal in a much higher position than he had previously been in. Sadly it happened in TNA so there was no follow up at all and has since been pretty much forgotten about

I'm not just talking about the match, I'm meaning everything leading up to it starting from the pedigree at Summerslam.

• Paid Members

It's worth remembering that at SummerSlam, even before he's taken that Pedigree, Danny Bry had already been put on the level where he can win the WWE title cleanly from John Cena in a PPV main event.

• Paid Members

Hogan did his part too. Have you ever seen anybody squash Hulk the way Lesnar did? Hogan did everything he could to make Lesnar look like a beast when he absolutely did not have to.

Oh yeah, I agree about Hogan. They both made him a star. I just think more of The Rock match because of the title win obviously

Archived