WWE Summerslam 2015- Predictions, Spoilers etc

Callum1993

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luca Franchini, who does WWE announcing for Sky Italia, posted on Facebook that WWE informed the network that this year's SummerSlam will be 4 hours long, in order for them to prepare and make room for the extra hour.

Franchini noted that SummerSlam is now scheduled to begin at 7pm EST instead of 8pm EST, pushing the Kickoff Pre-show up to 6pm EST.

Source: PWI

It's now confirmed that Summerslam will be 4 hours

SUMMERSLAM® JUST GOT BIGGER!

STAMFORD, Conn., July 27, 2015 – WWE (NYSE: WWE) announced today that SummerSlam will expand from a three-hour show to a four-hour telecast live on WWE Network and now begin at 7pm ET on Sunday, August 23. SummerSlam joins WWE’s annual pop-culture extravaganza, WrestleMania®, as the only two events with four hours of live non-stop action.

Emanating live from a sold-out Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY, SummerSlam will feature WWE Superstars Undertaker® and Brock Lesnar® in a rematch of their historic WrestleMania 30 bout where Lesnar ended Undertaker’s undefeated streak. In addition, WWE Network will also air a one-hour live SummerSlam Kick-Off Show starting at 6pm ET.

If Cena's not cleared for the title match, who are the other options? I'd really hope it isn't any of Orton, Ambrose and Reigns again. Which leaves... SummerSlam's title match being a triple threat with Owens and Cesaro? You wouldn't even book that as a Raw main event. But the only other thing I could think of it being is Rollins vs Jericho.

Apparently Sting is no longer being considered for use at Summerslam. According the observer he's got him in great shape, but it's been decided that the proposed 6 man tag is off and they are not considering any other options for him.

I really hope we do get to see Sting in a WWE ring again

• 3 weeks later...

ssall.jpg

looks like we've got our card then.

I predict:

- Ryback destroys both of those lads, should be a fun match. I've actually liked Miz in the build to this.

- New Day win the tag titles, PTP's reign was more a "congrats" to Titus O'Neil for his celebrity father award. SAWFT debut on RAW and feud with New Day

- The PCP team get the rub. Think it'd be silly to choose any other team, so they probably will.

- Rusev should probably be winning that but fuck knows. Needless to say, they'll do another one of those annoying spots where both the women take their shoes off and roll around because that's how ladies fight!

- Neville and the actor, easily and obviously

- who gives a fuck about Sheamus/Orton? actually no, after the Battleground match (which seemed pointless then let alone now) Sheamus needs to win this convincingly or it just confirms him as the wrong choice for that briefcase.

- dunno about Owens/Cesaro, it could depend on how Takeover's main event pans out, or maybe not. All I know is this is the one I'm looking forward to.

- I'd like to see them try use this opportunity to make Harper stand out, but I'm pretty sure he's eating the pin

- the two main events are so difficult to figure out aren't they? Not sure I would've booked any of it, but fair play on the unpredictability alone. I'll say Cena but I kind of hope both come out with the same belt they came in with tbh.

- think they have a far more competitive looking match than Mania, but I'm not betting against Lesnar. Taker shakes his hand or something and we don't see him til about Mania time. Either that or Sting antics. I think it'd be absolutely stupid to do a part 3 to this, especially if it involves Taker getting a win back here

10 matches seems a lot for the main card.

I presume there is a pre-show for this?

If so I reckon the tag title match, and maybe Rusev/Ziggler will get shunted to that.

it's 4 hours long so nah, don't think so. Pre-show will probably be some thrown together thing with R-Truth or Jack Swagger

First lot of odds for Summerslam, aint got a clue from what gambling website it is from though.

The Undertaker –vs – Brock Lesnar

The Undertaker                          4/7

Brock Lesnar                             3/2

John Cena –vs– Seth Rollins

John Cena                                8/5

Seth Rollins                              4/9

Kevin Owens –vs– Cesaro

Kevin Owens                             2/3

Cesaro                                     1/1

Randy Orton –vs– Sheamus

Randy Orton                             7/2

Sheamus                                  1/6