#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

When I went to the cash and carry yesterday they had some Cadburys Caramel Pots Of Joy on offer for £2 for 16 because they only had a very short shelf life. Turns out the short shelf life wasn't an issue, but diabetes may be. 

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Wendy's now do a 50 nugget bucket. Realistically how quickly do you reckon you could polish that off? I'll say 10 minutes.

It's doable in 5 and under but I reckon I'd throw up.

I know I’ve told the story about the 50 McNugget story twice before. 25 was the target but I did it in 19:50something.

Bloat or jaw ache weren’t a problem but running out of sauce too soon was.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I can feel my arteries hardening looking at it. 

rik mayall GIF

• Paid Members

That reminds me of the time I was at Ally Pally street food market, and I tried Brazilian churros. The cake itself is the same as the Mexican, but they hollow it out and fill it with either chocolate sauce or vanilla cream. Complete and utter filth, and dangerously addictive.

Chinese bakeries do some lovely cakes and pastries, seemed to be really underrated until recently where more and more are popping up. Mooncakes are the EATCLEAN killer though, proper fatty pastry and filled with inches thick of red bean, white lotus paste or even a salted egg yolk or two among it.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Chinese bakeries do some lovely cakes and pastries, seemed to be really underrated until recently where more and more are popping up. Mooncakes are the EATCLEAN killer though, proper fatty pastry and filled with inches thick of red bean, white lotus paste or even a salted egg yolk or two among it.

Mooncakes are expensive, though.

When I was working in the West End, across Shaftesbury Avenue from Chinatown, I regularly used to go to the Kowloon Bakery to have some pastries and coffee while reading.

Oh yeah, they are pretty pricey and only really around for a set holiday period, the various buns are pretty decently priced though. I really miss Caffé Chino in Birmingham, I'd often get a simple lemon or lime tea and some Pandan cake.

The Bento place I went to a few weeks ago in Winchester had these unbelievable looking custard pastries, and a black croissant which looked so intriguing. I'll get them both next time for the good of the thread.