Who would you like to see in NXT?

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Now they've started to tear up the WWE rulebook in NXT with the return of Rhyno and Samoa Joe's part time deal - who would you like to see working with the up and comers down there?

I'd like to see Shelton Benjamin have a little run. He was always decent flying about but if he could slow down a bit, he could really work.

Any chance John Morrison could work part time on NXT alongside LU? He'd have great spotfests with guys like Balor.

Still can't believe they haven't got Ricochet under contract. He'd be a must for me. Would like to see him work Joe and Opens.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Definitely AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura. Unlikely, but both are as good as anybody about right now.

A more realistic choice is The Addiction. One of my favourite tag teams ever and they were the only guaranteed good watch in TNA for months before they were released. Would instantly make their tag division better.

Agree with styles and Nakamura, I also wouldn't mind seeing tanahashi and Adam Cole also.

Jay lethal has also been amazing for me during his tv title run so ill add him to the list.

• Paid Members

As it's a developmental system, I don't really know why they don't have more veterans working alongside the new talent. The return of Rhyno has been great and I've no doubt his experience is benefiting all of those he's been working with. It was nice to see Kendrick come back for that one show to work with Balor too. More of that sort of thing is what I'd like to see, although I don't know if Shelton would do it for me. I would have Road Dogg and Billy Gunn as semi-regular characters for a start. The Dudleys would be great too, for a short run.

As for talent outside of WWE, Joe was the big one for me. I'm well happy he's come on board. After him I don't think there's currently anyone out there that I'd be as excited about. I do quite like both Brian Cage and Willie Mack from LU, but WWE have had both those guys under contract before and let them go for whatever reasons. Angelico would be one I'd look at, he's got a great look and has that sort of languid style that makes even the most spectacular moves look easy for him. I could see him as an RVD type.

• Paid Members

Definitely AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura. Unlikely, but both are as good as anybody about right now.

You might be getting your wish for AJ Styles soon. There's talk of bringing him in for the Network specials and for their on the road specials.

He was in TNA for 11 year and they werent interested in him. He's been in New Japan for a year and they've totally changed their opinion on him. Madness, really.

• Paid Members

I base my answer on who I'd most want to see work a match with Balor, Kev, Zayn and Itami.....  that guy is Austin Aries.

Assuming "contracted to TNA" disqualifies from the thread then, yeah, Ricochet. Alex Shelley was tearing it up before he got hurt too, he and Balor would be a great match in NXT.

Plus I'd love to see a proper "who's hardest" match between Kev and Bully Ray.

I'd really like to see Bobby Roode in NXT. He's someone who can cut a good promo and would work a different style to the likes of Zayn, Itami, Owens etc. A Roode vs Breeze feud would be ace. Bully Ray is a good shout; a veteran who could be brought in to give a rub to the younger guys. Nakamura could be a great fit in NXT. AJ Styles is an obvious one too. I don't want NXT to descend into ROH or X-Division Vol.2 so I want them to bring in guys who can do more than just work a good match.

If Terry Funk gets better then I'd fucking love a Funk promo in NXT putting over the future talent. Forever. 

• Paid Members

Veterans I'd love to have a run in NXT would definitely be the Dudley Boyz, X-Pac, MVP, Shelton Benjamin, Carlito.

As for guys to come to NXT before moving up to the main roster...the Young Bucks, Adam Cole, Brian Cage, Ciampa, Nakamura.

AJ Styles and Bobby Roode I'd immediately rehire and throw straight on the main roster.

• Paid Members

I base my answer on who I'd most want to see work a match with Balor, Kev, Zayn and Itami..... that guy is Austin Aries.

Assuming "contracted to TNA" disqualifies from the thread then, yeah, Ricochet.

You're potentially in luck actually, Observer says Aries contract is up this month.

I'd like to see the Bro-Mans in NXT. I know they have Big Cass and Enzo, but the last I saw of them I enjoyed them.

I agree with this completely. Robbie E is constantly good at what he does. He'll never get above low mid-card comedy role but he seems to know it and accepts it. And Jesse I like, I liked him with Victoria/Tara and with a bit more training he'll do pretty good in a mid-card role. But on NXT they'll be pretty good in a slot. 

Archived