Who's left that deserves to go into the Hall of Fame?

David

Only current roster folk jump out to me.

HHH

Kane

Big Show

JBL

Id say those 4 could be inducted now.

Then there is the "in a few more years" brigade of...

Lesnar

Cena

Orton

Batista

This one might sound silly but Michael Cole has to go in there doesnt he? Nearly 20 years service and the F5 he took on Monday shows hes a trooper.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Surely Steve Lombardi has to go in at some point?

I don't think they've got much of a problem for years yet. Goldberg, Kurt Angle, Sting, Rey Misterio, JBL, Freebirds and Luger will tide them over for a few years until they induct Undertaker, Rock, Trips & Batista. Show and Kane will follow hot on their heels too.

Then there a few iconic stables to plug the gaps. DX, nWo, Hart Foundation and The Union for starters.

If they spread the posthumous inductions out one per year, they've got Owen, Bulldog, Yoko, Earthquake, etc.

• Paid Members

Surely Steve Lombardi has to go in at some point?

Great shout. Massive long-time contribution and the most famous jobber ever.

Rey should go in soon given that his in-ring run in WWE is finished.

If they spread the posthumous inductions out one per year, they've got Owen, Bulldog, Yoko, Earthquake, etc.

In already.

• Paid Members

DX or the nWo will headline next year I reckon. DX was going to go in the year Bruno went in, but the decision was made they were a headline act and putting Bruno and DX in the same year was bad business. Funnily enough, they didnt have the same thought when Mick Foley was brought up about going in the same year.

Also they've really stepped up the merchandising when it comes to the Hall of Fame in recent years. So putting in two big t-shirt sellers like the nWo or DX might be the way to go.

They blew it having Foley go in in 2013 just because it was local to him. The city the ceremony's taking place in doesn't really matter much, because most of the people in the crowd will have travelled from elsewhere anyway. The Hall of Fame won't be packed by 80s WCCW fans next year, for example. And Foley's a big enough name that he could have headlined any year.

I've said before they could do something involving classic matches. Maybe not have the match in the half of fame itself, but some kind of award given out once per year to classic matches. So you'll get joint speeches between guys like Flair/Steamboat, Rock/Austin and Micheals/Hart. They can just chat about their memories of the match, what it meant for their career etc

I've said before they could do something involving classic matches. Maybe not have the match in the half of fame itself, but some kind of award given out once per year to classic matches. So you'll get joint speeches between guys like Flair/Steamboat, Rock/Austin and Micheals/Hart. They can just chat about their memories of the match, what it meant for their career etc

Hmm. I like the idea but maybe not for the Hall of Fame. It'd be a good show for the Network or something to do on the Slammy Raw. In fact, those podcasts where Austin talked through his matches against Rock and Bret were ace. I'd love to see something like that on the Network. 

• Paid Members

In already.

Didn't know that. Just checked and the only guy I remember being announced from that 2012 class is Edge.

• Paid Members

I don't think they've got much of a problem for years yet. Goldberg, Kurt Angle, Sting, Rey Misterio, JBL, Freebirds and Luger will tide them over for a few years

Can you see any of those headlining in 2016? Has to be Sting, doesn't it?

Austin inducting Goldberg would be a headline act IMO. I forgot Jericho and RVD off my list too, I think those two would make good semi-mains for the HOF.

• Awards Moderator

Justin Roberts' article about Connor the Crusher that someone posted in another thread mentioned inducting behind-the-scenes people who've worked for WWE for ages who otherwise don't really get recognition. That got me thinking about who you might include in that. The example Roberts used was timekeeper Mark Yeaton, but you could have people like Jim Johnston who has contributed massively to how we experience WWE. There's the people who make the costumes, the head of the ring or set crew, the person who makes the championship belts... And then you've got people who are onscreen or had been for ages, who aren't performers. Tony Chimel had been around forever. Referees like Mike Chioda have been there decades and have been an essential part of countless big shows and matches. Then you've got the likes of Charles Robinson, Tim White, Teddy Long... Even Earl Hebner could get something in time. Recognition for refs!

Even if you disagree with most of that, it's difficult to argue against having Johnston in there.

Yeah that sounds like a good idea. Especially certain refs who are just as well known as the wrestlers in some cases. If Hebner hadn't fucked up he'd have been a dead cert I'm sure. If only so they could have him talk about Montreal in his speech. Including guys like that would also help pad out the lineup each year.

Jim Johnston absolutely deserves to go in but unfortunately the guy is a black hole of charisma so having him make a speech wouldn't be high on my list either.

Archived