The Revolution Pro Wrestling Thread

Big Benny HG

• Paid Members

Ah see that's where we differ. I loved the comedy and gaga. It's not like it was OTT with exception of the Castle match.

The Jody/Jonny Revolutionists Tag being the other main comedic outing. Other than that I don't really see it myself. But that was an undercard match coming off the back of an intense sprawling brawl if memory serves. Everything else seemed pretty straight to me.

• Paid Members

Yeah fair enough. Every time I've seen Marty Scrull he's been that sort of heel so it's more or less what I expected.

I did think they would do more of an angle with Marty turning on Zack or something. I don't follow RevPro week to week but was under the impression Scrull was the top heel and Zack top face. So in my mind it seemed like the natural fit for an angle to take place as its clearly a strange bed fellows kind of tag match. Had a serious angle come out of it it might have excused the comedy earlier in the match.

• Paid Members

Ha ha. Sorry about that. Been posting on my phone and I didn't notice.

From memory the balcony seats at York Hall are pretty great aren't they? Prompted by Big Benny HG's reminder that London is actually pretty bloody close I think it would be rude not to go to Angle Vs Saber Jr. I haven't been to the York Hall since FWA British Uprising 2 I think.

• Paid Members

From memory the balcony seats at York Hall are pretty great aren't they? Prompted by Big Benny HG's reminder that London is actually pretty bloody close I think it would be rude not to go to Angle Vs Saber Jr. I haven't been to the York Hall since FWA British Uprising 2 I think.

Some of the York Hall balcony seats are absolutely fantastic - great view. Others are utter dog shit - a long way away from the action and/or obscured view from the lighting rig. At £30 a seat it's great value if you manage a good seat and a total rip-off if you don't.

Thankfully, it's all unreserved up there, though, so if you don't mind getting there early and queuing, you should have your pick of the great views.

Any results of Sittingbourne from last night?

Matt Sydal over Pete Dunne in a non-title match - Will Ospreay started the show to announce his injury in person and stated his intention to go after the Cruiserweight Championship upon his return. Will was involved in the finish when after a low-blow, Pete also attempted to put his feet on the ropes in a pin attempt to have Will knock them off. Seems there'll be a three-way for the belt in the near future.

Big Damo over Dalton Castle

Ricochet over ACH in a great match

Gideon Grey & Rishi Ghosh over Kurtis Chapman(?) & Matt Nathan(?)

Donovan Dijak over James Castle

Zack Sabre Jnr retained the Undisputed British Heavyweight Championship over Michael Elgin in an absolutely incredible encounter that lived up to the Sittingbourne Spectacular tagline.

Some of the York Hall balcony seats are absolutely fantastic - great view. Others are utter dog shit - a long way away from the action and/or obscured view from the lighting rig. At £30 a seat it's great value if you manage a good seat and a total rip-off if you don't.

Thankfully, it's all unreserved up there, though, so if you don't mind getting there early and queuing, you should have your pick of the great views.

The unresserved part puts me off, otherwise I would probably pick the tiered. I don't always go with someone so know I stand a good chance of losing a good seat just going for a piss. This is why I went for 4th row Uprising, 5th for High Stakes and Summer Sizzler and 2nd for Angle vs Sabre Jr. At least I know what I am getting.

• Paid Members

Yeah fair enough. Every time I've seen Marty Scrull he's been that sort of heel so it's more or less what I expected.

I did think they would do more of an angle with Marty turning on Zack or something. I don't follow RevPro week to week but was under the impression Scrull was the top heel and Zack top face. So in my mind it seemed like the natural fit for an angle to take place as its clearly a strange bed fellows kind of tag match. Had a serious angle come out of it it might have excused the comedy earlier in the match.

The Zack/Marty angle seems to be going like this:

-Zack beat Styles for the title and Marty beat Ospreay for the number one contendership at High Stakes.

-The subsequent Live At The Cockpit show started with an angle where Andy Quildan got Zack and Marty in the ring together to try and organise their title match. Marty then said his best friend Zack winning the title was too big a deal, he wanted to defer his title shot, and in the meantime reform their LDRS tag team.

To me, this immediately screamed "Zack vs Marty is the Uprising main event" - but that probably will be October or thereabouts, and at that stage Epic Encounter in Reading and Summer Sizzler in July were the next marquee shows announced.

-Zack and Marty vs Ricochet and Sydal was promptly announced for Reading.

My main concern at this point was that Marty would turn on Zack immediately here. I'm actually glad the way the match unfolded, as tensions started to show between the LDRS based mostly off of Marty's inability to resist being The Villain. Of course, it was his umbrella shot that led to Sydal tapping in Zack's armbar.

Hopefully from here, while obviously Sabre has Angle in June (which is bound to make Marty jealous...), there should be another LDRS tag on the July show at York Hall, and that could be the time to pull the trigger on The Battle Of The LDRS for the Championship at Uprising

• Paid Members

Cheers for that. Balcony it is then.

Gadge, cheers for that run down on the Marty/Zack feud. Looking at it like that you are absolutely right that a turn shouldn't have happened as early as the Reading show.

I'm going to get the on demand service to catch up me thinks.

I think it was a solid show.

I felt Roderick Strong had way to much offense against Damo. Hè put Damo on his shoulders way to easy for moves and even gave Damo a top rope superplex. Psychology was way off imo. Damo is a beast but it did not show in this match.

Same goes for Bodom VS Dijak. Dijak is tall and has got a great build but Bodom had a lot more offense. It just didn't make sense to me. I hoped Dijak would look more competitive.

Ricochett VS Elgin was really good.

Jody Fleisch looked in great shape. Hè was still smooth in the ring. I hope hè gets One last big run with a high profile match in York Hall.

Edited by LWOLeN

Summer Sizzler has had Moose added to the card, I don't really know anything about him. Still only Bailey vs Scurll named so far. 

Angle vs Zabre Jr is now sold out and has had Big Daddy Walter vs Damo added which should be good and also Osprey vs Bailey added, which I am unsure of as I don't like Bailey much.