The Revolution Pro Wrestling Thread

Big Benny HG

• Paid Members

I loved that match too and i love Mike Bailey but the York Hall crowd don't seem to be that into him. Shame really as he has bags of talent and he's a super nice chap to boot. I hope he keeps coming back to really cement his name here.

Edited by Accident Prone

I'm a big fan of Ospreay, and would probably agree that was match of the night (Dunne's actually really underrated in my book) but I actually thought he came across as a bit of a knob in the post match promo. What was the deal with picking on that one guy in the crowd?

The Zack/Shibata finish seemed a bit sudden (and boy were the crowd restless at that match not being high-spots from the opening bell) but I did want to get back to my hotel for the footie, so...

Do you really think Dunne is underrated? I thought everybody saw talent in him. He is great in ring, plays the part and gets the crowd worked up. He has wrestled for Chikara and is in the forthcoming PWG BOLA. I see him as one of the top talents in Britain. A big problem for the crowd seemed to be "what do we say now, he doesn't have a top knot".

I agree the main event finish was a bit sudden but was still a good match. 

I loved that match too and i love Mike Bailey but the York Hall crowd don't seem to be that into him. Shame really as he has bags of talent and he's a super nice chap to boot. I hope he keeps coming back to really cement his name here.

I think Bailey seems quite popular. At the last 2 shows he has grown on me. People had said check out his David and Goliath matches and I did not enjoy them, and I did not enjoy his match with Damo much. However when with guys similar in size (although obviously still bigger) he looks really good. I would not be surprised if we saw more of him. 

Out of the 3 york hall shows thought this was the weaker of the 3.

Ospreay/Dunne was by far the best match of the night and also zsj/shibata and marty/bailey.

Atmosphere was certainly a bit quiet during the sydal/damo match and the opening tag match which seemed to go on forever - mr moonsault and bruce the juice stuck out as just out of their depth.

Moose vs samuels was good fun, same with ishii vs bodom. But for 15 quid couldnt moan too much

• Paid Members

I'm a big fan of Ospreay, and would probably agree that was match of the night (Dunne's actually really underrated in my book) but I actually thought he came across as a bit of a knob in the post match promo. What was the deal with picking on that one guy in the crowd?

It was a fan who has been extremely verbal online and at shows about his hatred for Ospreay. It was a fun 'feud' for a while (Will would buy shampoo/conditioner for him and leave it on his seat) but the fan then turned into one of those awful gimmick fans. Will's point was that this fan hates him so much yet he sat there and took photos of the whole match.

I went to the Southside show at Stevenage on Saturday and I was sat in front of him and during will's match he was booing  will whenever hedid a move and was calling a a cunt and wanker, unfortunately will lost the match so he was happy with the result, also I can recall reading about an incident on the Progress fan Facebook group involving him in a queue at one of the Progress endvr shows which pissed a lot of people off at the time because of what ether he said or did.      

• Paid Members

The line "when you're paying 5 pounds to get a photo with me, keep your opinion to yourself" resonated with me. Sounded like the tool queued and paid for a photo with Will just to tell him he was shit? If so, quite right he got rinsed.

From people who have experienced this fan, does he do it out of true distaste or does he think he is funny?

We kicked him out of the PROGRESS fans FB group for trying to provoke people constantly. At least at that point he thought he was being a "#heel"...

• Paid Members

From people who have experienced this fan, does he do it out of true distaste or does he think he is funny?

We kicked him out of the PROGRESS fans FB group for trying to provoke people constantly. At least at that point he thought he was being a "#heel"...

Is this guy related to Adam Bowler? Adam was constantly going on about how he was a heel and wanted people to help him "turn face".

• 2 weeks later...

So RPW have announced Global Wars UK, for Thurs 10/11 York Hall and Fri 11/11 Walthamstow Assembly halls. Thursday show could damage turn out but I plan for both. 

They had 12 imports at each show last time, who do people think will be coming over this time?

I think 

Okada

Tanahashi

Naito

Omega

Elgin

Sanada

EVIL

Bushi

Shibatta 

Gedo

Liger

Kushida

Maybe The Young Bucks as an exclusive on one night like they did last year with Gallows and Anderson in Reading and remind me who did the York Hall one. That or have them wrestle with Omega on one night as The Elite vs a UK Elite Dream Team and just by themselves on the other night.

Maybe The Young Bucks as an exclusive on one night like they did last year with Gallows and Anderson in Reading and remind me who did the York Hall one. That or have them wrestle with Omega on one night as The Elite vs a UK Elite Dream Team and just by themselves on the other night.

ACH and O'Reilly were on the friday. I would not be surprised if Young Bucks were at both shows, they are at the ROH show the next week and Supercard of Honor the next.