The Revolution Pro Wrestling Thread

Big Benny HG

• 3 weeks later...

Global Wars UK starts tonight. I'm going to give my expected results.

Bushi vs Ospreay- I would have been split on this but with Bushi sadly losing the title at Power Struggle (a result I disagree with) I think this is all Ospreay's. With all of LIJ there no doubt there will be some inference so Bushi could take it but I think UK wrestlers and NJPW wrestlers will come to save however I think it should be NJPW wrestlers to try and give it some story line especially as this is has two NJPW matches on it so Shibata and Liger making the save. I expect a good match from this, I am loving Bushi at the moment. 

David Starr/ Mustache Mountain vs Evil, Naito and Sanada. This has definitely got to go to LIJ. They have 2 NJPW champions and Sanada is still counted as pretty strong. I think Naito will pin David Starr so RPW can keep Mustache Mountain safe. NJPW will have a lot of say over who wins and I doubt they will have 3 of their heavyweights lose in a match against 3 people who don't work for them. Never seen David Starr, but think Mustache Mountain are good and Naito is one of the best right now while Evil and Sanada constantly deliver. The Japanese know how to make a good 6 man match and LIJ deliver them well during tours.

Ishii vs Hero- I love Ishii, he delivers with anyone but I am not the biggest Hero fan but still think it will be good. Hero lost to Bodom so not a given he will win. This could go either way.

Scurll vs Liger- Liger is my favourite of all time, great matches with Rocco, Muta, Pillman, Tiger Mask IV, Kushida and many more. Even after 30 years Liger delivers when given his 15 minutes plus matches. His match with Kushida this year was awesome. Scurll has had a great year gaining much more experience and become well known stateside. This could be a match of the weekend. I think Scurll will win, this is NJPW where the older guys are happy to lose to the young. But I think Scurll will not win cleanly and Liger will come out looking strong.

Honma vs Samuels- Could be good but I don't think it will be. If the crowd don't feel the Honmamania then it will die. I think Honma is a good wrestler but a big part of him being good is his charisma. I think this is a certain Honma win. 

Dunne vs Nagata- Perfect opponent for the Bruiserweight, the small (well he isn't that small) hard arse Cruiser taking on a legend. I think this will be a Dunne win but again could go either way. Nagata has proved with his big matches with Shibata that he is still game.

Sabre Jr vs Shibata- Last time it was pretty good, so I expect the same this time. Not sure who will win, Shibata being champ could be a big problem as he does all the tours when people like AJ only did big shows and G1 tour. If Shibata wins he will lose it the following night or they will already have a planned date for him to lose it back in January or February. Despite this I think Sabre Jr will win with Scurll interference. 

Should be a good night and am most looking forward to Scurll vs Liger and Bushi vs Ospreay. 

Night 2

Not been to Walthamstow Assembly halls since watching FWA shows so some nice nostalgia for me tomorrow.

Liger vs Ospreay- Looking forward to this, I think Liger is the best type of wrestler for Ospreay. Jr Heavyweight, so will be at a good pace but still exciting and have some excellent spots but not over top. Could work similar to matches he has had with Kushida or Scurll. I think this should main event to be honest but think it could be the half way main event RPW usually go with.

Hero vs Shibata- If Shibata wins the title then this would be main event. If non title then I think a Shibata win as I think he can't really have 0-3 record in RPW. It could be the other way if Shibata wins. Should be good and will get a good reaction from the crowd. 

LDRS vs Sanada/Naito- I think Naito will take the pin here. However this could be an odd match. You are placing 2 heel teams against each other, but 2 heel teams who get crowds cheering them and buying their merchandise. This sort of thing happens in Japan with their tournaments but not over here. Should be a fantastic match and could easily steal the show by a country mile. I believe they both have to stay away from dirty tactics and if any do use it then only an umbrella or legs on the ropes. I think Sanada will take the fall. 

Nagata vs Seven- Should be another hard hitting match. I think Nagata is more likely to beat Seven than Dunne but again could go either way and think Nagata will win.

Honma vs Bodom- I can't lie, I would rather have Galloway but injuries happen. Bodom is still a decent wrestler but has much to learn and this is the sort of match he needs. I think Honma will win this. I think this will be a good match.

Bushi/ Evil vs Garrett/ Redman- Will they want their tag champions to lose? RPW have had champions Ospreay and Sabre Jr lose matches this year, so why not? I kind of think that makes this match seem a bit who knows. If Evil and Bushi lose then Bushi takes the fall. However they could win with help from Sanada and Naito. I would put this as the opener. I like Garrett and Redman so think this could be a good quality match. 

Overall, it is sad 3 wrestlers announced have been injured (Elgin both nights, Haskins night 1 and Galloway night 2) however good replacements have been made, especially with the short notice about all 3. I think Nagata is a great replacement and glad I am getting the chance to see him. I wish the 3 well in recovery. Despite set backs both shows look to be really good. I think Night 2 looks the most consistent and nothing will go wrong but Night 1 seems to have more potential blow away matches. I hope they kind of keep some good flow to storyline and do not make this a show case like last year (which were still good shows). When meeting the wrestlers and seeing them come out you get the impression that they love coming over here. It could be an act but they came across as humble and honest. I one problem is that I am kind of upset that Naito/ Sanada and Evil are in no singles matches.

I guess it's tricky seeing as there's so many imports and not all of LIJ can get a singles. It's fair to say this year's one was always going to be hard to match last year's as a lot of their big guys are Down Under and niggling injuries playing a factor on both sides. However, I'm sure it'll go down well as they always do.

I think it could beat last years in quality. Look at any of the guys coming over from Japan, all of them have had repeated **** plus matches this year. It does not have the star power of last year's but LIJ are the best heel stable in wrestling at the moment and that will be big when they all come out. You also have 4 wrestlers making their UK debuts tonight.

With regards to LIJ, only one of them is having a singles I feel is a problem. Could be to protect the IC and Open champions if they lose.

Edited by westlondonmist

Marty defeated Liger

Homna defeted Sha

Nagata defeated Pete Dunne

Hero defeated Ishii (match of the night)

Ospreay defeated Bushi

Naito/Evil/Sanada defeated Mousache Mountain/David Starr

Shibata defeated Sabre Jr for the title. Guessing Hero will win the title tonight

Results and thoughts in spoilers

Charlie Garrett and Joel Redman d/ EVIL and BUSHI- *** good fast paced match to get the crowd going, bad ending.
Yuji Nagata d/ Trent Seven -***1/2 Good match that had a good reaction from the crowd for both guys.
Josh Bodom d/ Tomoaki Honma *** Decent match, sadly the crowd did not seem as interested as it could of been.
Black Liger (Will Ospreay) d/ Jushin Liger *** Some good comedy and some good wrestling but very short. Seems almost a waste.
Tomohiri Ishii d/ Pete Dunne ****- This was quality stuff from both guys. Pete Dunne had a great two nights but Ishii was definitely the best wrestler over both nights of Global Wars by a mile.  
Sanada and Tetsuya Naito d/ Marty Scurll and Zack Sabre Jr. Naito pinned Sabre Jr. ****1/2. Best match of Global Wars UK, I would actually consider this for best match of RPW 2016. This was hot, exciting and it felt important. It felt like you had 4 main event guys in the ring at once all on their A game. The crowd was into it and it felt like either team could win. 
Undisputed British Heavyweight Title: Katsuyori Shibata © d/ Chris Hero ***1/4. This was a good match but a bit short for a main event title match. They got alot in for the time but it seemed a bit rushed. I am glad however that Shibata is staying as champion.

Something about the venue took away from the show, although not a bad venue it just is not the York Hall. This was a really good show which is worth watching, more consistent but not up to the level of night 1. Matches in this show often felt far too short. A positive in it is that they seem to want to have Scurll vs Sabre Jr for High Stakes and also continuing the Dunne vs Ospreay feud. However a big problem is Dunne has lost the last 4 matches at the RPW big shows. They also showed Ospreay supporting Ishii as members of Chaos which is a plus. 

Edited by westlondonmist

was a really good show as usual the only downside I would say is the area walthamstow which is a real dump i stayed at a hotel there which was nice hotel but the highstreet town centre is a dive no nice restaurants or shops to go to between the meet and greet and main show so ended back at the hotel inbetween