The Revolution Pro Wrestling Thread

Big Benny HG

Seriously guys, Ospreay is a fucking star. WIn or lose.

His starpower does not diminish because he "lost" in York Hall to Vader. To me RPW is finally adding a new layer to the Ospreay character. 

They work together with NJPW, where Vader is a bonafide legend and former World Heavyweight Champion.

You don't have Ric Flair lose to Marty Scurll or Sting to Zack Sabre Jr. It's a respect thing.

I find it extremely classy and respectfull that Vader sort of went over. RPW had guys like Bret Hart, Sting, Bagwell, Liger, AJ Styles and Kurt Angle over. Everyone left with their starpower in tact. They all got home feeling respected by the company,

Legends want to come to RPW because they know they are treated first class. They are not brought over to do jobs for the local guys, have a paycheck and go home.

This is probably an important factor why RPW is able to get so many legends on their show. I won't be surprised if legends actually ENJOY working for a company like RPW instead of just doing it for another paycheck.

Don't be a child and suddenly go like "RPW booking sucks" just because of a finish. Typical "Smarky Wrestling Bubble" reactions. Think about the big picture that is being painted.

This is not UFC. This is showbusiness.

RPW is writing an interesting story. Great stuff.

Edited by LWOLeN

I was there and thought they booked the Vader match well. Ospreay has a big future and demonstrated he has work with someone like Vader. Vader was never going to do much apart from bully Ospreay which he did. Vader won due to outside forces and RPW have some future storylines to work on with the younger guys. Perfect booking for me and perfect use of a legend.

I don't see why it is disrespectful for a wrestler who has been around a long time to lose. Ospreay has won the BOSJ, he is known around the world. What would be disrespectful is if they made Vader look like shit. Older guys in Japan put over younger guys (just look at Liger, Tenzan Kojima, Tiger Mask and others) , I am sure Vader would understand that and think he would have accepted the loss as long as he looked good in the match and that it took a lot for him to win. 

If they had kept Ricochet out of it and just had Dunne force the win it probably would have been better and actualy would have been quite good. It would also have been better if Dunne won his match. I like Dunne alot but he lost his match, why should he get a rematch so soon?

They have also announced Hero for Global Wars. Not sure about this one. I have nothing against him but I would like to see more Brits vs NJPW wrestler matches (Ospreay can count as either, which would allow for him faceing Dunne) and fear this means 1 less NJPW guy comeing over or 1 less brit wrestler getting a spotlight match. However I am sure many would like it so understanable but if they were going to bring over a non NJPW import I think Cobb may have been a better idea due to his reaction.

Edited by westlondonmist

Still bummed about missing last night's show.

READING about Vader vs Ospreay, it's a shame there was so much interference, as I'm always hoping for a one on one contest. Vader needing someone else to win? Vader? The unstoppable monster? I'd assume Ospreay would be getting the win, perhaps by interference of Ricochet.

I saw the intros/ introductions on Youtube. At one point Ospreay turned his back to Vader during the introductions to mock him. Doesnt seem to be right. Who would turn his back to Vader?????

"I saw the intros/ introductions on Youtube. At one point Ospreay turned his back to Vader during the introductions to mock him. Doesnt seem to be right. Who would turn his back to Vader?????"

Great point !

I don't think the psychology of a lot of the younger guys is there. When he did that I felt he got all he deserved from Vader.

This was my first RPW show and I have to say that I haven't never seen so many false finishes, punches, kicks, slaps in my life !. Maybe I am too old school, I am 40 next year ! but felt they needed more variety on the card. 2 Piledrivers were kicked out of last night !!!

This was my first RPW show and I have to say that I haven't never seen so many false finishes, punches, kicks, slaps in my life !. Maybe I am too old school, I am 40 next year ! but felt they needed more variety on the card. 2 Piledrivers were kicked out of last night !!!

That is a general problem with indy shows in general. A wrestler uses numerous big moves in one match and it makes what should be a big move almost unimportant. Their shows are usually more varied to be honest, High Stakes was probably the most varied of this year's shows. With regards to kicks and strikes, they have always been a big part of wrestling but just not in WWE. 

They have also announced Hero for Global Wars. Not sure about this one. I have nothing against him but I would like to see more Brits vs NJPW wrestler matches (Ospreay can count as either, which would allow for him faceing Dunne) and fear this means 1 less NJPW guy comeing over or 1 less brit wrestler getting a spotlight match. However I am sure many would like it so understanable but if they were going to bring over a non NJPW import I think Cobb may have been a better idea due to his reaction.

My rule of imports is if a British wrestler resides abroad. He/She counts as one. As Will is signed to NJPW, I'd class him as one of their lot for this.

• Paid Members

Quite liked the Vader vs Ospreay match if I'm honest. Seemed like a pretty straight deal. The big man dominates, the smaller man fights from under and is about to get the win until the next person he's feuding with (and who will be there next month) costs him the match. It sorts of shows you the current fan base in a way. The fans were chanting "this is bullshit." Like these fuckers were offended because a result didnt go their way. Ospreay was already the guy. Now he's got a proper feud in the pipe line against Pete Dunne. It wasnt like Vader went in there, beat him and then trotted off to the dressing room.

I agree. the first half the card had too many of this back and forth chop the shit out of each other/forearms to the face. And so many spins! You don't need all these 'false' finishes either. They are not really false finishes in this case though. more like false false finishes. 

Though nobody thought Vader was gonna get the 3 count after a chokeslam! He kicked out at 1 on the first one. 

I thought the main event was done brilliantly actually. 

Edited by FWA Goon

Really enjoyed the show. Completely forgot about the world when watching it on demand. Respect for the wrestlers and a big thank you to RPW's crew.

To me, Vader absolutely proved his point in his match with Ospreay about psychology.

This was a masterclass. Ring psychology beats 1700 flips any day of the week in my book. Vader called it all and the crowd went nuts.

Seriously, this was a brilliant match while Vader is morbidly obese and could barely walk. RPW got their money's worth. Anyone who dares to say RPW can't book is a complete madman in my mind. They turned this into gold.

Short rundown:

• Jay White was really good. Great talent. He is going to be a big star. The false finish in this match was actually done really good. Bodom won so many matches in York Hall with the Bliss Driver. I truly believed he would win again so it had me on the edge of my seat,
  • Marty Scurll is insane for taking that top-rope piledriver. Chris Hero looks like shit, but wrestles like a star. He amazes me every time. The contrast.
  • Zack Sabre Jr vs Cobb had some great psychology. Cobb was using all his strength but could not keep Sabre down. After 15 min he was all tired and Sabre came in like a shark smelling blood. Great stuff. 
  • RPW's camera crew needs some help. The hard cam is often blurry and they are way to busy with zooming in and out during the matches. It gives the viewer a very unresty feeling. THis has been going on for a few shows now. Please take note.
Edited by LWOLeN