The Revolution Pro Wrestling Thread

Big Benny HG

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed the show last night from top to bottom. The pop for the returning hero Will Ospreay was incredible and the match was a blinder.

Reckon I was stood in front of a UKFFer in the queue to get in because in his scathing critique to his mate of Baron Corbin, he mentioned the Shitarse 50. If that was you, Corbin-hater with a lisp.... you're wrong about End Of Days.

Incidentally I was absolutely left breathless by a mixed-race lass with an ass to die for wearing a Marty Scurll t-shirt. Time was the only girls that stunning you used to get at BritWres shows were bored/scared looking WAGs. The world is changed.

Angle said sorry for not being 100%, I actually thought the match was really good. I would say probably one of the best matches surrounding a match I have experienced. It was so loud for that match, if someone said only 1200 people were there you would have thought they were taking the piss. 

I enjoyed the tag team match. Not the best match on the card by a long shot, but most would not have seen Redman/Garrett tag before (to be honest I had not heard of Garrett prior to the match announcement) however they did really well at getting over as a tag team, having the crowd support them and really wanting them to take the titles so great performance by Redman and Garrett. Tag division should be used more and be built on. The tag divisions in New Japan are pretty shit, I would like someone to provide that. 

Nothing bad on the card, all was pretty decent to be honest. I would say a far better show than High Stakes. I am looking forward to Summer Sizzler.

Matches so far for next month

CW Title-Dunne vs Ospreay

Bailey vs Scurll

Bodom vs Ishii

Sabre Jr vs Shibata

Edited by westlondonmist

Thanks westlondonmist.

Does the Pivotshare platform have a download-for-later option? If the streaming service is as bad as you guys have said, I might just give it a miss. However, seems too good a deal to subscribe instead of purchasing individual titles...

I think you call still download individual shows via RPW's Vimeo service.

I find the Pivotshare channels I subscribe to (Progress, ICW) work really well via my Roku but not so great via a web browser. If anyone is looking at an ongoing sub to the channels, get a Roku. The original devices are pretty cheap now.

Thanks westlondonmist.

Does the Pivotshare platform have a download-for-later option? If the streaming service is as bad as you guys have said, I might just give it a miss. However, seems too good a deal to subscribe instead of purchasing individual titles...

Individual titles on Vimeo come to $13 each. Subscription service is less than $9. I'd rather pay the subscription but also be able to view the shows without streaming. Is this not possible?

Thanks westlondonmist.

Individual titles on Vimeo come to $13 each. Subscription service is less than $9. I'd rather pay the subscription but also be able to view the shows without streaming. Is this not possible?

I don't think so, no. The Pivotshare subscriptions work like Netflix, WWE Network and the like in that the shows are all available but only to stream, not download.

Reckon I was stood in front of a UKFFer in the queue to get in because in his scathing critique to his mate of Baron Corbin, he mentioned the Shitarse 50. If that was you, Corbin-hater with a lisp.... you're wrong about End Of Days.

You were indeed - that was me.

• 2 weeks later...

Announced today via Facebook.........

Uprising 2016 is happening (quite a lot) earlier than expected!

On Friday August 12th we will be returning to York Hall, Bethnal Green for UPRISING 2016.

The event will be headlined by WILL OSPREAY going one on one with VADER in one of the most volatile matches we have ever put together. This one promises to be one of the most heated and physical contests in Revolution Pro Wrestling history.

Over the coming weeks we will be going over what makes this contest so significant as two completely different generations & philosophies when it comes to the sport of professional wrestling collide. But let us make one thing perfectly clear both men have gone on public record to say they want this match and we have just made it happen!

With all the stars aligning to make this highly anticipated contest & knowing what is planned for the end of the year, we felt rather than adding an extra York Hall show to the schedule we would move our traditional October Uprising forward to August as we are sure you will agree nothing matches the big fight atmosphere of the historic York Hall, Bethnal Green!

As far as the rest of the card goes we shouldn’t even have to say anything by now, but we promise we will be putting together the same top to bottom great card of action and creating more York Hall ‘moments’ that you have come to expect from us.

Tickets for Uprising 2016: Vader vs Ospreay go on sale via a special pre-sale to our mailing list subscribers THIS WEDNESDAY at 7pm. If you want to be on the pre-sale please make sure you are signed up to our mailing list by the close of play on Tuesday as we will be sending the e-mail with the link out on Wednesday morning.

As the entire wrestling world diverts their attention to our humble promotion once more we look forward to you guys helping us make history once again!