The Revolution Pro Wrestling Thread

Big Benny HG

This will probably be the first Rev Pro York Hall show I'll end up giving a miss.  Three events in three months, and this one announced way too late to get cheap train tickets down to London, is a bit too much really.  Plus, as "intriguing" as this match is... it'll almost certainly be fucking horrendous.

Interested in "what is planned for the end of the year" however..!

This will probably be the first Rev Pro York Hall show I'll end up giving a miss.  Three events in three months, and this one announced way too late to get cheap train tickets down to London, is a bit too much really.  

I understand this point. They should maybe have done waited a month and then done Uprising in November. It will be difficult for some, especially as I imagine many will need to take Friday off work. Although I will go, I can imagine this one will not sell that fast and will not sell out. 

• Paid Members

That match surely can't go on last? Vader's got hardly anything left in the tank. His match with Dave Mastiff at PCW a couple of years ago was little more than clubbering and he could still only go about 5 minutes.

That match surely can't go on last? Vader's got hardly anything left in the tank. His match with Dave Mastiff at PCW a couple of years ago was little more than clubbering and he could still only go about 5 minutes.

Fair point, most of his matches these days are tag matches so the other 3 can do most of the work. An all british (double) main event like Scurll vs Sabre Jr would probably suit it with Vader being the penultimate match. 

Aye, i find Evan Bourne vs Big Damo a tad underwhelming too. I got tickets purely for Speedball vs Scurll and Dunne vs Ospreay but the rest of the card hasn't really captured me like last years did.

To be honest I think the only thing on the card that says wow is Shibatta vs Sabre Jr. Dunne vs Ospreay should be decent but I find Ospreay hit and miss. With Scurll vs Bailey I find Bailey hit and miss, but should be decent. Sydal is not my fave but I think Big Damo will make it fun at the least. I find that Ishii vs Bodom a bit underwhelming too. Too few of the matches with imports are going to make me feel yeah that will be that good and wondering why bring them over? I hope that they get a good tag team match in. The last show was good because it was consistent and a hot crowd for the main event. Not sure this show has it and now comes across as a filler show in between Angle vs Sabre Jr and Uprising. 

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the show tonight and it was a very good show, many of the matches I was unsure about delivered especially Moose vs Samuels and Scurll vs Bailey. The only match I didn't really get into was Dunne vs Ospreay. Show was not sold out and you could see quite a few empty seats in the £20 area and the upstairs area but I suppose that is what you get for going against Wimbledon and Euro finals. 

Edited by westlondonmist

• Paid Members

Personally i loved Ospreay vs Pete Dunne. Just balls-to-the-wall spots from the start with a red hot crowd. Ospreay came out in a Vader mask and tore it up during his entrance but that's where the Vader mocking ended as these two dudes just tore into each other. My highlight was Ospreay's flying foreman van terminator, complete with the crowd shouting "PIP PIP CHEERIO MOTHERFUCKER!". Great show all round although the first half was stronger than the second, crowd seemed a little out of it during Damo/Sydal but picked up for Zabre/Shibata.

I'm a big fan of Ospreay, and would probably agree that was match of the night (Dunne's actually really underrated in my book) but I actually thought he came across as a bit of a knob in the post match promo. What was the deal with picking on that one guy in the crowd?

The Zack/Shibata finish seemed a bit sudden (and boy were the crowd restless at that match not being high-spots from the opening bell) but I did want to get back to my hotel for the footie, so...