The Revolution Pro Wrestling Thread

Big Benny HG

Seemed to sell in their pre sale at a similar speed to Summer Sizzler. 3 big shows in 4 months for RPW is going to be a big thing for them. I imagine some people will see RPW for the 1st time at Angle vs Sabre Jr so could help sales for future shows. I saw it for the 1st time at Uprising last year and has attracted me, although I only go to the York Hall shows. I upped my spend, have gone for row 4/5 at Uprising, High Stakes and Summer Sizzler but got 2nd row for Angle/ Sabre.

• Paid Members

So, first bell is 5.30. My last train home if I don't feel like booking a hotel is 9.51 from Euston. Worth the risk or shall I just suck it up and get accomodation?

Edited by air_raid

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

The Rivermead is a Leisure Centre whether Rev Pro want to admit it or not. Bleacher seating is at the back and a distance away, floor seating is flat. They're selling 2nd row or row 4-5 at premiums. Rows 4-5 should be decent enough. Rows 1 and 3 are sold out.

I shall be there. Because of course I will.

• Paid Members

When I went to the Rivermead I chose back row. It was cheap, I wasn't surrounded by other human beings and I had freedom to move my chair back a touch. View was fine.

• Paid Members

That'll do me, as long as I get a decent view I'm fine at the back, think I'm too old for all that chanting malarky no anyways!

Looking forward to it, last Britwres I saw was 10 years ago when Vampiro nipped across for IPW be interesting to see any developments.

• Paid Members

Fun show last night. No stone cold classics but every match was good. The finish to the Ricochet/Sydal Vs Scrull/Saber Jr match was absolutely magic. I'd be shocked if Ricochet and Saber Jr weren't in NXT by the end of the year. I'd definitely give Scrull a shot as well whilst I'm at it. I presume at the very least they will be part of the Global Cruiserweight tournament. Shame Will Ospreay couldn't wrestle but they were right to let him sit it out if injured.

I love having RevPro run Rivermead. We have been dying for a good promotion in Reading for years. That being said, holy hell it was cold in there last night. The crowd opposite the hard cam looked like they were sedated most of the show probably because of how chilly it was. Hopefully next time they run there it will be on a warmer day cos it was even colder outside and that's saying something.

It was a good turn out but I'd guess slightly less than the Global Wars show. More of the bleachers seemed blocked off than at that show.

Must have been novel having a wedding reception right next an indie show. 'Ladies and Gentlemen please gather for newly weds first dance' cue 'THIS IS AWESOME' in the background etc.

Dalton Castle is new to me. I think I saw him once on a random ROH TV last year but to be honest I'd forgotten all about it by yesterday. Won't forget that majestic fella again. His gimmick was a pleasant surprise. The show needed that little bit of character and he and Lord Gideon Gray had a thoroughly entertaining match.

There was a tease for a Big Damo Vs Big Mike match that I'd be well up for. If it's at the Sittingbourne show tonight I bet anyone going is in for a treat. The world needs more heavyweights knock seven bells out of each other. Really getting into Big Damo, he's got a great look.

Great to see Jonny & Jody again. It's been years since I last saw them but I was a die hard fan back in the FWA days. The Revolutionists are great value. Proper smackable heels.

Look forward to watching it again On-demand. Andy said it should be up in 48hrs.

Didn't hear anything a about a return date. Hopefully it continues to be a regular venue. Other than Allstar at the Hexagon there's not really anyone else running Reading.

Sorry for rambling.

• Paid Members

The Reading area is hardly starved for wrestling.

It's only 25 minutes away by train from London, where you have RevPro, PROGRESS, ICW, FPW, IPW:UK, Fight Nation, Lucha Britannia, EVE and more.

The other way is Swindon, with 4FW's big shows. There's also a regular promotion running Banbury (NBWA?).

I did originally have a ticket to last night's show, but ended up selling it on to go to a wedding instead. I was considering getting the OnDemand to catch it instead, but it sounded from live reports a fun show without being unmissable, so I'll probably wait until after the 2 upcoming York Hall shows and watch them altogether.

• Paid Members

Yeah I guess your right. I never consider London local but when you put it that way and the fact that everyone else has to travel far further for those shows it puts it into perspective.

It was fun but it definitely wasn't unmissable.

• Paid Members

I'd go so far as to say that while I enjoyed myself, only the main event really had anything notable to add to the Rev Pro canon. The rest felt a bit exhibition style, and the leisure centre venue isn't a patch on York Hall for atmosphere.

A particular special attraction (or a midsummer show so it's not freezing!) will probably be needed to get me back for a return event there.

• Paid Members

Far too much comedy for me, with Castle vs Grey being an out and out comedy match, the rest should have toned it down ... a lot.

I understand that it was probably driven a little bit more to the family audience they'd pulled in, but if that was the case then pricing was scandalous. A family in ear shot of me had £100 to watch that show with two adults and three kids.

I believe the kids enjoyed themselves, but as a parent myself £100 lighter it would have taken the shine off. No concessions for children is scandalous.