The Revolution Pro Wrestling Thread

Big Benny HG

Shibata or a pointless football match that most likely won't feature England?

Most people's teams aren't in the World Cup final, but they still watch it

I agree and think it could hurt the turn out. Many wrestling fans will not have seen much of Shibata anyway. Unless they were struggling to get any other June/July dates I think it was a mistake. They need to make sure they have a stacked card to get numbers in. 

Edited by westlondonmist

• Paid Members

Shibata or a pointless football match that most likely won't feature England?

I don't give a fuck about England, but I'll deeply regret not being able to see the match. To football fans, which I assumed it was fairly explicit I am, a major tournament final is far from a pointless game.

However, between watching the game and seeing Shibata at York Hall, I am still choosing Shibata, pending rearranging a prior for the Monday morning. Sexy bastard.

• Paid Members

Rev Pro is due to finish at 7.30pm. According to the Euro 2016 site the final kicks off at 9pm CET which would make it 8pm our time.

Good stuff. If (big if) it finishes in actual time, mad dash back the Travel Tavern to watch it over Ritz Crackers and Wagon Wheels.

• Paid Members

Uprising 2013 (Prince Devitt vs. Ricochet; Zack Sabre vs. Davey Richards; Noam Dar vs. Michael Elgin; Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Marty Scurll) and Summer Sizzler 2014 (Prince Devitt vs. Adam Cole; Zack Sabre vs. Shinsuke Nakamura; Kevin Steen vs. Marty Scurll) are both absolutely superb events - two of the best shows I've seen anywhere in this country in recent years.

High Stakes 2015 (AJ Styles vs. Will Ospreay) and the Uprising/Global Wars double header from October 2015 are also great abd well worth checking out.

Try to catch the 2 Ospreay vs. Matt Sydal York Hall matches too (from memory Uprising 2014 and Summer Sizzler 2015?) too.

• Paid Members

I just watched Summer Sizzler 2015 and the Scurll/Ospreay match was incredible. Really liked the Damo/Ishii match too.

More incredible is I paid 8 quid to watch it 3 days before they released a streaming service. My timing is rubbish.

Edited by Benno

Uprising 2013 (Prince Devitt vs. Ricochet; Zack Sabre vs. Davey Richards; Noam Dar vs. Michael Elgin; Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Marty Scurll) and Summer Sizzler 2014 (Prince Devitt vs. Adam Cole; Zack Sabre vs. Shinsuke Nakamura; Kevin Steen vs. Marty Scurll) are both absolutely superb events - two of the best shows I've seen anywhere in this country in recent years.

High Stakes 2015 (AJ Styles vs. Will Ospreay) and the Uprising/Global Wars double header from October 2015 are also great abd well worth checking out.

Try to catch the 2 Ospreay vs. Matt Sydal York Hall matches too (from memory Uprising 2014 and Summer Sizzler 2015?) too.

Thanks! Will check them all out.