UKFF Awards 2014 -Stuff that needs recognising

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Soon be year end awards. I've been thinking about stuff I've enjoyed over the year. Sure there's a ton of stuff that I and others have forgotten too. So you don't have to be specific with categories and what-ave-yer but what have you loved/hated this year and what moments need remembering?

One thing that springs to mind immediately for me is Seth Rollins almost being spiked to death by that steel cage. When I saw the gif on here that Tuesday morning (http://ukff.com/topic/133540-the-official-ukff-raw-thread/?p=2864122), I just about shit my pants. I initially thought it was horrific and then hilarious.

That Wyatt Family vs. The Shield match from the Elimination Chamber deserves a load of love. I need to watch that again to see how it compares to Zayn vs. Neville from last week. They are probably my top two matches of the year.

Worst wrestler of the Year is normally competitive. I can't think of anyone I enjoyed watching less than Rob Van Dam this year. Even Cesaro!

• Paid Members

Who's actually in charge of the awards this year?

Us mods really are the Kings of being organised.

dopper said he can do it again. Which is good because getting awards mod privileges for someone new might take half our lives!

I'll go with Shield vs Wyatts at the Elimination Chamber for match of the year as well. That rare thing of a match between full-timers that feels fresh and important, and they delivered.

One thing that never got the buzz it should have is Batista on Smackdown. When he first turned heel, he was much better on Smackdown than Raw, for some reason. His mini-feud with Ziggler and promos about Bryan (and Ziggler) were lovely.

AJ Lee for worst wrestler.

• Paid Members

I was baffled as to why Wyatts vs. The Shield wasn't nominated at the Slammys. Not only was it vastly superior to some of the matches nominated, but it was a testament to the NXT system that these six guys had gone through and, at least for one night, were all megastars on the main roster.

It's a weird one. The only possible explanation- and it's a shit one- is that they didn't want to draw attention to how much those "rookies" outperformed all the veteran talent on the roster. I think that match outperformed every other option given at the Slammys. The only Shield match in there is against Evolution- well established veterans/legends. I really enjoyed Shield vs. Evolution, but it's got nothing on Shield vs. Wyatts.

• Paid Members

I thought it would've been simply as they wouldn't really want the 6 of them interacting in the same setting and knew it'd probably win a fan vote for match of the year.

Wyatt set his boys free to roam into midcard obscurity and both were kinda feuding with each other anyway. The Shield has split up and gone in 3 directions. If anyone tried to pick up the Slammy for it, the other 5 would probably show up, something would kick off and you'd end up with Reigns/Ambrose/Rowan vs Wyatt/Rollins/Harper the week before a PPV. 

They don't need any more problems with storyline mash ups for Vince and his merry band of crap writers.

Archived