NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members

It definitely exists for iPad. My sister has one which is what got me looking in that direction. Sadly its not to be for my ropey Alcatel Pop s7.

• Paid Members

I'm struggling a smidge with understanding the NJPW World site. I haven't missed a show since New Years Dash right? From what I can make out the next show is CMLL Fantasticamania. Does that sound right?

I have to say I think I enjoyed New Years Dash even more than Wrestle Kingdom. Obviously the matches didn't matter as much but it was a lot of fun.

Assuming the published attendance for WK10 was correct, that’s 25% fewer than in 2015 and follows a continuing downward trend. I thought it looked healthier this year and the atmosphere wasn’t sucked out, as can happen in that place. Not sure what they’re doing wrong attendance-wise.

Overall, it was OK. The matches I said would be a waste of time, pretty much panned out that way. NEVER & I.C Title matches were very good. I thought Tana v Okada was too long, for what it was and Okada, having been given every opportunity to sell the leg, only did so sporadically & I fucking hate that. I imagine Meltzer 5 star’d it.

If anyone caught Anderson’s comment as he came down the ramp “8 Wrestle Kingdoms in a row. That’s Undetaker style!” What a fucking idiot. Cunt needs knocking down a peg or two. I’ve thought that for a while. We’ll see how much of a big deal he is shortly, no doubt. If anyone saw him on the Bullet Club Party DVD, he came across as a very, very boring, arrogant drunk.

Just for the record, here’s his ‘streak’ #Undertaker-style:-  

[2009]: Riki Choshu / Masahiro Chono / Kurt Angle / Kevin Nash v Giant Bernard / Takashi Iizuka / Tomohiro Ishii / Karl Anderson
[2010]: Yujiro / Tetsuya Naito v Brother Ray / Brother D’von v Giant Bernard / Karl Anderson
[2011]: Giant Bernard / Karl Anderson v James Storm / Robert Roode v Manabu Nakanishi / Strong Man
[2012]: Giant Bernard / Karl Anderson v Satoshi Kojima / Hiroyoshi Tenzan
[2013]: Lance Archer / Davey Boy Smith Jr. v Karl Anderson / Hirooki Goto
[2015]: Lance Archer / Davey Boy Smith Jr. v Karl Anderson / Doc Gallows
[2015]: Karl Anderson / Doc Gallows v Hirooki Goto / Katsuyori Shibata
[2016]: Karl Anderson / Doc Gallows v Togi Makabe / Tomoaki Honma

Holding it on the first Monday all the Tokyo salarymen have to go back to work after the New Year's holiday probably wasn't the best idea but they seem locked into that January 4th date forever. Last year's show was on a Sunday and the year befoe on a Saturday

And I wouldn't take Karl too literally. Kliq signs, crotch chops, shout outs to 90's wrestlers - being obnoxious is the Bullet Club gimmick. I don't think he really believes he's on Taker's level

• Paid Members

If anyone caught Anderson’s comment as he came down the ramp “8 Wrestle Kingdoms in a row. That’s Undetaker style!” What a fucking idiot. Cunt needs knocking down a peg or two. I’ve thought that for a while.

Yeah, that was definitely super serious, wasn't it.

• Paid Members

They were talking about the attendance on the Japanese Audio Wrestling podcast. They both live there and one of them didn't even go because it's supposedly such a nightmare getting home to the surrounding areas when you have work the next day.

Tanahashi was apparently saying it needs to change on his podcast too. The Wrestle Kingdom name is petty established now. They could likely get away with just making it the first weekend of the year now.

Edited by Benno

And I wouldn't take Karl too literally. Kliq signs, crotch chops, shout outs to 90's wrestlers - being obnoxious is the Bullet Club gimmick. I don't think he really believes he's on Taker's level

Having said it, he immediately looked emabarrassed. I don't take anything too seriously. Thought it was the sort of comment that would normally spark some reaction (other than my own apparently). I haven't been interested in the Undertaker for nearly 20 years and consequently his streak is neither here nor there to me. Anderson seems to be a mark for himself, but as he's off to WWE I truly couldn't give a fuck.