Crap terms of endearment

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I'd take Poppet, or even Poppywops, over Bumblebee, Biffers.

Bumblebee instantly demasculates you. For example:

Me "Grrr, rarrr, I'm going to gym!"

Missus “Okay bumblebee, enjoy!”

Me “...”

It kind of does a number on your testosterone levels.

But in saying that, it’s better than “Fuck off then, you prick, I faked it last night!”

Fabulous!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

An ex girlfriend would call me "poppet" all the time. What a way to strip me of any semblance of masculinity with one word. 

Is it less masculine than poor Branquey's "bumblebee" though?

I get poppet all the time, I like it. It's evolved into the more bizarre poppet nose which I'm still cool with, I don't feel any less masculine  because my girlfriend wants to call me cute things, she's a friendly little lady and it suits her. Although I do melt inside (in a good way) the rare times she calls me the more formal and old fashioned "Darling"

• Moderators

To the chaps who say their pet names are emasculating what's the alternative? I personally don't mind being called poppet nose, I'd think it was weird if my girlfriend was calling me wolfcannon or something as a pet name.

Sir.

• Paid Members

I dated a girl for a while who enjoyed roleplay based on her father issues, which lead to 'daddy' being an amusing term of endearment. In order to distinguish her real father, she referred to him as 'bio-daddy'. Which was all well and good until she accidentally called him bio-daddy in conversation.

• Paid Members

I'd take any of the girlfriends' nicknames in the thread so far over what my ex used to call me, which was "bear." Which I used to hear as "you're fat, you're hairy and you smell like you live in the woods."

Archived