Bringing back the Attitude era

UK Kat Von D

We've seen countless people on the Internet wish for an attitude era revival. Well what if one day Vince lost the plot and decided to bring it back? For a bit of silly fantasy booking, what do you think the current roster would be doing in that climate?

Gimmicks, angles, skits and feuds all fair game. Who would be the hardcore champion? Who is getting tossed off by transvestites? Who is hitting who with cars? Would Randy Orton have raped a Bella twin yet to build to an interference ridden match with Cena? Who would Bray Wyatt have sacrificed? Which Divas are getting their tits out on TV? Would C-Rock stop complaining?

• Paid Members

Don't forget, it's the Attitude Era for today with all of today's dreadful trends and social media references, so it would have to be Divas "twerking" with their tits out, and Orton pauses to take a "selfie" with his cock up said Bella, before a reaction ticker goes by during the latest meaningless Kofi/Ziggler match : "OMG! Cnt believe Ortn did tht. #RAW #RAPE"

And C-Rock would still be complaining.

• Paid Members

The WWE product is way too polished now to bring back anything resembling that kind of programming. To begin with, the WWF was a struggling privately owned enterprise in the mid 90's, not a publicly floated entity. Plus, the WWE doesn't have once in a lifetime talent like Stone Cold and the Rock to pull it off either.

It was great while it lasted but like ECW, you can't keep going back to the well.

You know what? I'd love them to get clearance to do a one time only TV-14/TV-MA rated Raw. Just to see all that crazy shit that air_raid described happen once. I don't think the Attitude Era fits in 2014- watching some of that stuff back on the Network doesn't seem half as cool as it used to- but a one time "Attitude Era" Raw would be a great laugh, I reckon.

I love the current product as it is, watching it with my children is so much more enjoyable and stress free as a parent. 5-6 years ago I couldn't wait for the day they brought 'attitude' back, but now the longer it remains as it is the better.

Me and my eldest went through loads of old PPVs and there was a ton of such I was having to skip/fast forward through especially the 1999 stuff.

PG ERA 4 LIFE!

The WWE product is way too polished now to bring back anything resembling that kind of programming. To begin with, the WWF was a struggling privately owned enterprise in the mid 90's, not a publicly floated entity. Plus, the WWE doesn't have once in a lifetime talent like Stone Cold and the Rock to pull it off either.

It was great while it lasted but like ECW, you can't keep going back to the well.

Don't try to elevate the conversation with logical points. This is about an altinate unviverse where who would be making the best dick jokes (I'd have to go with either Santino or Fandango) or which Diva would be made to do degrading things (my money is on Eva Marie.)

In this thread Rusev can attempt to burn the American flag, only for Swagger to drive a fire engine to the ring and spray him with high powered jets. This would naturally lead to a Zeb on a pole match with the stipulation being that if Rusev loses, Lana must perform a strip tease on Raw to the National Anthem.

Don't try to elevate the conversation with logical points. This is about an altinate unviverse where who would be making the best dick jokes (I'd have to go with either Santino or Fandango) or which Diva would be made to do degrading things (my money is on Eva Marie.)

In this thread Rusev can attempt to burn the American flag, only for Swagger to drive a fire engine to the ring and spray him with high powered jets. This would naturally lead to a Zeb on a pole match with the stipulation being that if Rusev loses, Lana must perform a strip tease on Raw to the National Anthem.

This thread could also be 'What if Russo booked current WWE'

I'd do a CM Punk (this is fantasy land) angle where he goes against his straight edge gimmick because of the pain he's suffered in WWE and becomes dependent on pain killers/drugs. He'd be like Raven circa ECW. Cutting promos while he's sat in a dark corner of the room talking about the demonic Vince McMahon. It's reported online as a fake-leak that he's been granted a WWE title shot at anytime he wants to hush him up and so he doesn't take legal action against the company. After a few months it turns out that it's been a work all along and he doesn't really do drugs and suffer from addiction but he wanted to paint Vince McMahon and the WWE in a bad light. He quits the WWE but a month later at an event in Chicago, cashes in his contract and wins the belt...

Anyway, of the positives I can think of by bringing the Attitude Era back, you could give Cena a bit more of an edge regarding his promos. His delivery is so good and it's a shame the corny "poopy" writing is the only thing letting him down.

You could have Lesnar being even more violent. Turn his heat up an extra gas mark.

A bit more freedom in the hardcore/no dq sort of matches. As long as it isn't steel chairs on heads than that's fine. Barbed wire and fire is always good.

More time for promos. Fuck the international markets. They have enough time for long matches on Smackdown, Main Event, NXT and Superstars. Have Raw the promo show. Most of the reason nobody gives a shit about the wrestlers anymore is because they can't connect with the characters.

More time for promos. Fuck the international markets. They have enough time for long matches on Smackdown, Main Event, NXT and Superstars. Have Raw the promo show. Most of the reason nobody gives a shit about the wrestlers anymore is because they can't connect with the characters.

This is years out of date. The audience cares more about the current roster than they have for years. No one was hijacking Raw to get Kenzo Suzuki into the WrestleMania main event, nor was there ever a chance that the crowd would organically start holding up their phones in unison during Mordecai's entrance every week. Of course there are exceptions but for the most part all of the key players on the current roster connect with the audience.

Archived