RIP Robin Williams

Ars

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed Daz. Usually celebrity deaths don't affect me. Of course it you think it sucks but rarely do you actually feel moved. Last time I felt moved by a celebrity death was when Johnny Cash died.

Rumours have started to circulate today of him having financial difficulties stemming from his two divorces. These are yet to be clarified, but apparently he had a lost a chunk of his wealth (estimated to be around $130m)

• Paid Members

When he was doing press for his TV show, he pretty much said during an interview I read that he badly needs the work. It explains why he agreed to do Mrs. Doubtfire 2, despite spending years saying he wasn't interested because it will never work.

Also, I love Norm, that story really is great.

Videos: Jimmy Fallon, Seth Meyers and Conan O'Brien

http://www.indiewire.com/article/the-best-talk-show-guest-in-the-world-late-night-hosts-pay-tribute-to-robin-williams-20140813

If you get choked up at others getting choked up skip the Fallon one. Great story and clips on the Conan vid.

• Awards Moderator

Anyone know where I can watch the Daily Show tribute in the UK? It's blocked for international viewers on the US Daily Show website and not on the UK site.

Comedy Central show it over here. It's on in the middle of the night most nights but it's Sky channel 128.

• Moderators

Anyone know where I can watch the Daily Show tribute in the UK? It's blocked for international viewers on the US Daily Show website and not on the UK site.

Comedy Central show it over here. It's on in the middle of the night most nights but it's Sky channel 128.

Sorry - I meant I was specifically looking for the Robin Williams tribute they put up on their website (and the links to past appearances)

Astro - that is fucking awful. Jesus. People are just the fucking worst.

In contrast to those Twitter trolls, I've been impressed at the amount of stuff people have been posting and sharing about mental health and depression awareness on Facebook the last couple of days. It'll no doubt be short-lived and forgotten, like that time when people cared about Gaza for a bit the other week, but hopefully some of it stays with people.

• Paid Members

Boston residents have set up a petition for a statue of Williams at the bench used for the famous scene in Good Will Hunting. Sounds like a lot of red tape might prevent it but I hope it happens. The outpouring since hearing the news has been so great he bloody well deserves a statue.

• Paid Members

....I did not take a Vietnamese girl and eleven members of her family to see Beach Blanket Bingo.

I'm reading Russ Meyer's biography at the moment, and the day before yesterday this film is mentioned in the book. So today I'm thinking about what a coincidence this is, and then I read about Russ wanting to make a biopic of his life, and have himself played by Robin Williams.

Archived