If you want to know what kind of man Goldberg really is ...

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

... watch this. There's a 6 year old kid in the US who has terminal cancer. His only birthday wish was to get a load of birthday cards. So Goldberg rounded up the wrestlers and got them to do a little message for him and sign a card. Goldberg is a lovely man.

Disheartingly, Scott Hall was the only one who refused to sign the card for whatever reason. Bit of a dick move considering all the money he got for his new teeth, hips and whatever else.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I just finished listening to Bret Hart's interview with the Observer and he brought this up. It's so out of order from Hall that I was hoping Bret was talking bollocks or got the wrong story or something other than reality.

Anyway, Big Bill is a great man for doing this and Zeus looks ready for another run.

• Paid Members

I think Goldberg gets a lot of stick because he's not a "mark for himself" and a lot of hardcore fans believe wrestlers should love the business as much as they do. But with Wrestling's carny roots, he might be the most 'real' pro wrestler there is.

Classy move by Goldberg.

I think Goldberg gets a lot of stick because he's not a "mark for himself" and a lot of hardcore fans believe wrestlers should love the business as much as they do. But with Wrestling's carny roots, he might be the most 'real' pro wrestler there is.

Classy move by Goldberg.

The "love the biz" nonsense from idiot fans is just a holdover from the days when they thought Benoit was something to aspire to. It's only ever peddled by the stupidest of the stupid now. Sort of thing you could imagine C-Rock saying.

• Moderators

Classy move by Goldberg.

The hate for Goldberg seems the same as the CM Punk deal. A lot of 'fans' are angry that he got out happy, healthy and wealthy, and more importantly, voluntarily, as though that in itself is an insult to wrestling and the people who love it. If he'd have crippled himself or was a shriveled pain-pill addict, they'd be gladly lining up at cons to drop $10 on a signed photo to nervously blurt "thanks for everything u did for us" in a shaky voice.

It's not possible to just walk away, you can only take your ball and go home in a sulk like a baby.

Hall's always been super cool, as far as the look and the swagger, but he spends all his time on Twitter asking girls to send him pictures of their arses.

Classy move by Goldberg.

The hate for Goldberg seems the same as the CM Punk deal. A lot of 'fans' are angry that he got out happy, healthy and wealthy, and more importantly, voluntarily, as though that in itself is an insult to wrestling and the people who love it. If he'd have crippled himself or was a shriveled pain-pill addict, they'd be gladly lining up at cons to drop $10 on a signed photo to nervously blurt "thanks for everything u did for us" in a shaky voice.

It's not possible to just walk away, you can only take your ball and go home in a sulk like a baby.

I have to disagree here. It was only because CM Punk was a smug twat who believed his own hype and left in a strop. People were all over Lesnar and The Rock etc. when they left and up until recently, Jericho. People still love Shawn Michaels too.

• Moderators

Classy move by Goldberg.

I have to disagree here. It was only because CM Punk was a smug twat who believed his own hype and left in a strop. People were all over Lesnar and The Rock etc. when they left and up until recently, Jericho. People still love Shawn Michaels too.

None of those guys left for good, or gave the impression they left because they wanted nothing to do with wrestling any more. They were still flying the flag, so to speak.

Brock publicly cited the travel and wanting to try out in the NFL as his reason for quitting, then went on to work in Japan. Shawn got old, and he still puts in appearances. Rock and Jericho were just on breaks in other areas, but still involved. Goldberg and Punk are the two who walked all the way gone, and the two that the idiots are all FUCK U, CRYBABY over.

It's tough to consider CM Punk as "all the way gone" when he was in this years Royal Rumble, if we get 5 years down the road and he still has not returned then I'd consider him as someone who walked away, all the way. Goldberg would be in there tomorrow if they gave him a lot of cash and a big win over a big name, which obviously they wont do.

Archived