If you want to know what kind of man Goldberg really is ...

IANdrewDiceClay

It's tough to consider CM Punk as "all the way gone" when he was in this years Royal Rumble, if we get 5 years down the road and he still has not returned then I'd consider him as someone who walked away, all the way. Goldberg would be in there tomorrow if they gave him a lot of cash and a big win over a big name, which obviously they wont do.

Has Goldberg ever cared that much about a fake win/loss record? I assume he may have raised an eyebrow when he was told he was dropping the WCW Title/undefeated streak to Kevin Nash at Starrcade 98 but he still went out there and done his job like a pro and he also did what was asked of him in the Elimination Chamber at SummerSlam that one year despite it being a daft move.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None of those guys left for good, or gave the impression they left because they wanted nothing to do with wrestling any more. They were still flying the flag, so to speak.

Brock publicly cited the travel and wanting to try out in the NFL as his reason for quitting, then went on to work in Japan. Shawn got old, and he still puts in appearances. Rock and Jericho were just on breaks in other areas, but still involved. Goldberg and Punk are the two who walked all the way gone, and the two that the idiots are all FUCK U, CRYBABY over.

Clutching at straws there with the comparison, it's probably the first time I've seen anyone group Goldberg with CM Punk. The vast majority of the idiots who hate Goldberg love CM Punk. Goldberg's reputation was always far more like Warrior's, that he didn't luvdabiz and was only in it for the money. Nobody says that about Punk, and I don't think I've ever seen Goldberg get much of the crybaby rep. He never walked out on his WWE contract without warning, either, which was the thing that butthurt a lot of Punk's fans.

Punk's been gone for six months, he's hardly president of the REBELS WILL NEVER DIE walkaway club yet. Rock was gone from WWE for years and years. Warrior left wrestling in 1998 and didn't come back until this year, bar that one match in Spain which was still a decade after his WCW run. There'll always be fans who get indignant and tearful when a wrestler has better things to do than wrestle. Punk got much more sympathy than most though, because of the ones going through puberty who have the "he shud of main evented mania instead of shitty cena n rock but hhhshovelgif so fuck wwe, they shud give him mania main event so he comes back" mindset. Wrestling fans can't help playing favourites, and Punk gets a much easier ride for quitting because he had loads more Internet points than the likes of Goldberg (who didn't quit).

• Paid Members

Yeah, Hall's always been one of my favourite wrestlers but that is very shitty of him, no doubt.

It's a lovely video. Nice to see stuff like this. Only problem I had was I watched it with headphones in and the bit with Candice Michelle and Christy Hemme just destroyed my eardrums. What were they on?

• Paid Members

I actually welled up watching that. What a lovely guy Goldberg really is, seen a few things where he goes above and beyond for fans. Wasn't he on an episode of Maury where he made a suprise appearence for a child.

I always remember thinking that Goldberg seemed like a nice chap even when he was destroying people in WCW. I've no idea why I thought that.

Punk and Goldberg aren't remotely the same. They didn't have the same careers, Goldberg didn't have to kill himself for all the years that Punk did to get over, and they didn't leave in the same way. Goldberg just worked his contract, got his money and lived his life. Punk's decision seems to have been much more sudden and much more driven by the realisation that he was wrecking his body. Punk is far more comparable to Austin, which he'd probably prefer.

• Paid Members

I recall Goldberg getting shit from some twonks about not taking the 2001 buyout to go WWE either. Which is laughable.

That and the Bret Hart injury.

The buyout thing always bothered me, no one ever gave Rey Mysterio any shit about that.

I find it funny how people aren't willing to heavily criticise Hall for not signing a card for a dying child. If he wasn't an internet favourite, he'd get slaughtered.

Anyway, Goldberg comes across well. I always liked the reason he didn't want to turn heel and his refusal to be associated with a non-PG product. He seems like a nice guy.

• Paid Members

I find it funny how people aren't willing to heavily criticise Hall for not signing a card for a dying child. If he wasn't an internet favourite, he'd get slaughtered.

Hasn't pretty much everyone in here agreed that it was a real cuntbag move on Hall's part? What more can we say than that really?

• Paid Members

Hasn't pretty much everyone in here agreed that it was a real cuntbag move on Hall's part? What more can we say than that really?

Yeah, we've all been pretty much conditioned to expect that kind of behaviour from Hall. It'd be far more shocking to hear that about most other wrestlers, but with him you just sort of shrug those kind of stories off. In any case, it's well documented that him and Goldberg aren't pals, so while it's pretty shitty of Hall not to sign a card for a kid who will have absolutely no clue who he is anyway, it's no surprise to see that Bill was only too happy to throw him under the bus for it.

• Paid Members

I saw Goldberg on an episode of Maury or something years ago surprising a sick kid so this doesn't surprise me, people have slagged off Goldberg's attitude to do with wrestling but I've never heard anyone say he wasn't a nice guy, especially with fans and stuff. He should have another run just so a new generation of dying kids can get to know him.

Its obvious there is still a demand for goldberg with all the chants and his dvd being the top seller last year (apart from mania)

id love to see him back for one final run. Some of the bad and muted receiptions that he got in his first wwe run wouldnt happen now i dont think. It wasnt that long after wcw folded and there were still loyaltys.it would just be nostalgia now.

I met him once in birmingham, they sent him over to do a promo when the wcw tour tickets went on sale. The first so many people to buy tickets at the box office got a ticket to meet goldberg. Yes those were the days when you had to go to the box office to get your tickets :-) seemed decent enough then and had alot of time for the people there

Archived