Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

The newest Monday Night War is about halfway through in front of me - Mistakes On The Battlefield - purely because I was stuck for something to shove on quickly when having dinner and it's the most absolutely lunatic example of this generic obvious moments format I've seen yet since the network made it painfully obvious to all of us.

I was expecting it to be a sort of Death Of WCW style rib on all the stupid shit that's happened but so far I've been treated to Hogan Vs. Flair and the formation of the nWo. Seriously. It's baffling. 

The second half in the end works as a pretty decent downfall episode and it's set things up for the Russo era episode nicely. 

I'll throw this out there because I recall you mentioning how the nWo shows sucked awhile back but 2000 WCW is the only stuff I can watch back. I don't say that to sound against the grain or be busting out some mad ass everything-bad-is-good skillz. I genuinely love the pace of 2000 era WCW for retrospective viewing. Pre 1995 is all good and I know if I was consuming it at it's time of release I would have been enthralled by the nWo stuff but Nitro 96-98 fucking sucks and the PPVs from that era are complete burnout. 

It stands up far worse than the Attitude Era stuff. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

The newest Monday Night War is about halfway through in front of me - Mistakes On The Battlefield - purely because I was stuck for something to shove on quickly when having dinner and it's the most absolutely lunatic example of this generic obvious moments format I've seen yet since the network made it painfully obvious to all of us.

I was expecting it to be a sort of Death Of WCW style rib on all the stupid shit that's happened but so far I've been treated to Hogan Vs. Flair and the formation of the nWo. Seriously. It's baffling.

It was just one long pot shot at WCW throughout the entire episode. I am hoping they dedicate a full episode of Mistakes On the Battlefield to some of the baffling crap that was on Raw but Im guessing they wont.

• Paid Members

Those MNW shows are all made up of the same 2 hours of footage. Awful.

This about sums it up. Such a lazy waste of what could have been a good show,

However, I've enjoyed the Rivals episodes. It helps when they have somewhat fresh interviews with the wrestlers involved. I've always bummed Hogan v Piper and it was a good recap of their crazyness.

Edited by ColinBollocks

Just watching the Hardys vs Edge & Christian rivalry episode... Man, Edge's promo the night after No Mercy 1999 was so lame in retrospect. Nervous, begging the fans, awkward, and he even says "I'm shooting here." It's weird considering how confident and proficient he eventually became -- hell, even six months or so later. I suppose that was the longest live speech he'd had to give at that point, though.

Is Marc Mero/Johnny B Badd in the first match of every show on the Network?

I must have watched more Marc Mero matches in the last 11 months than any other wrestler.

Just stuck on a random episode of Raw from 1996 and the first match is 123 Kid vs Marc Mero! Even Starrcade 92 which I watched last week where the matches are randomly selected starts with Cactus Jack, Van Hammer, Dan Spivey and Johnny B Badd.

Edited by The Dart