Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Good luck with that. One thing about this forum, it's a wretched hive of scum and villainy but you can always get support for stuff.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I always imagined Lips to be a 6 stone slip of a man with an effeminate yet slightly emo hairdo.

 

Stop spoiling my childlike imagination.

Posted

Nah, there's no one just 'fat' in this thread. Just 'works in progress'.

 

In my case, the manufacturing plant often goes on strike. But I do what I can..

Posted

Got told by my doctor today that my BMI is 42 and I'm morbidly obese. Me and the other half have decided to finally try and shed some weight.

Have you thought about Slimming World mate? I started and 20 stone 6 in Jan and down to 17'9 now.

 

Mostly SW and exercise really doing the trick.

 

The whole group thing feels like a cross between Marjorie Dawes and Tyler Durden at first, but it's really worked for me and my lady.

  • Paid Members
Posted

No I'm fat.

Your not arguing with the hair do though.

 

I remember a chap on here posted a pic of them selves and they looked just like Sue Perkins. I've never been able watch her on tv since without feeling uncomfortable.

 

Good luck with it all though, hope it goes well.

  • Paid Members
Posted

 

Got told by my doctor today that my BMI is 42 and I'm morbidly obese. Me and the other half have decided to finally try and shed some weight.

Have you thought about Slimming World mate? I started and 20 stone 6 in Jan and down to 17'9 now.

 

Mostly SW and exercise really doing the trick.

 

The whole group thing feels like a cross between Marjorie Dawes and Tyler Durden at first, but it's really worked for me and my lady.

My brother (on here somewhere) swears by this and he's also lost around the 2 stone mark. Easy to laugh due to the association and perception, but bloody hell, the whole point is to lose weight, and if it's knocking off 7lbs a month, fair play indeed.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Jesus, I think my trainer's trying to kill me. I haven't seen her for over a week due to holidays and stuff so she really worked me tonight. My thighs feel like they're going to explode. I'll be crawling to work tomorrow.

 

But frustrated with weight loss though. Eating good but I'm fluctuating between 7lbs (3 on, 2 off, 4 on, 1 off, etc.) and it's annoying me. I was meant to have a hospital appointment today about my weight but I've postponed for 2 weeks to try and do something about this.

 

Any tips? I'm really busy at the moment and hardly have any spare time so doing more exercise than I am already isn't really an option.

Posted

I lost 4 and a half Stone in 3 months prior to my wedding last year, but I didn't do it in a way that was conventionally 'healthy'. It's was 1500 cals a day, working out twice a day.

 

Any time I've tried a more restrained approach, the slow progress really seems to frustrate me.

Posted

Jesus, I think my trainer's trying to kill me. I haven't seen her for over a week due to holidays and stuff so she really worked me tonight. My thighs feel like they're going to explode. I'll be crawling to work tomorrow.

 

But frustrated with weight loss though. Eating good but I'm fluctuating between 7lbs (3 on, 2 off, 4 on, 1 off, etc.) and it's annoying me. I was meant to have a hospital appointment today about my weight but I've postponed for 2 weeks to try and do something about this.

 

Any tips? I'm really busy at the moment and hardly have any spare time so doing more exercise than I am already isn't really an option.

 

Stop weighing yourself as much and start looking at yourself. Weight is super deceptive, especially for you ladies who suffer through all sorts of ungodly body stuff. Measure yourself instead and probably do the food diary to make sure your eating enough and a good balance of stuff. Drink loads of water too.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Lost 6lbs in the last week and a half, healthy eating, walking between 10-11 thousand steps a day, didn't expect to lose that much and know it will obviously tail off, but I'm happy with that.

Now at 13.12 stone, 13.0 is the aim and hope to stick at that weight.

 

Seriously, it's due to the pedometer. Just over 7,000 steps so far today and it's 2.15pm. It's surprisingly easy.

 

Oh and no beer for a week... Bloody hard for me.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

 

Stop weighing yourself as much and start looking at yourself. Weight is super deceptive, especially for you ladies who suffer through all sorts of ungodly body stuff. Measure yourself instead and probably do the food diary to make sure your eating enough and a good balance of stuff. Drink loads of water too.

 

 

 

I know... Usually I don't weigh myself for weeks because I hate it so much but because I had the hospital appointment I wanted to see how I was doing. An example is that I weighed myself last night before going to bed and when I got up this morning I'd put on 3lbs! How's that work?!

 

But yeah, I'm going to start weighing myself at the gym every Tuesday when I have a session. That way I can do it regularly and see the changes. I also need to drink more. I'm massively guilty of not doing this and suffer from chronic dehydration (I've been told this by my doctor). I was thinking of getting one of those Ulla things to remind me - anyone got one of these or tried one?

 

Oh, and I can barely walk this morning. I hate my trainer.

Edited by Monkee
Posted

For what it's worth scales can be ridiculously erratic and something as simple as a loose floorboard can put them out by 3 or 4 lbs. Once a week at roughly the same time with the same scales is the way to go.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...