The Health and Fitness Thread

ShortOrderCook

Got told by my doctor today that my BMI is 42 and I'm morbidly obese. Me and the other half have decided to finally try and shed some weight.

Have you thought about Slimming World mate? I started and 20 stone 6 in Jan and down to 17'9 now.

Mostly SW and exercise really doing the trick.

The whole group thing feels like a cross between Marjorie Dawes and Tyler Durden at first, but it's really worked for me and my lady.

• Paid Members

No I'm fat.

Your not arguing with the hair do though.

I remember a chap on here posted a pic of them selves and they looked just like Sue Perkins. I've never been able watch her on tv since without feeling uncomfortable.

Good luck with it all though, hope it goes well.

• Paid Members

Got told by my doctor today that my BMI is 42 and I'm morbidly obese. Me and the other half have decided to finally try and shed some weight.

Have you thought about Slimming World mate? I started and 20 stone 6 in Jan and down to 17'9 now.

Mostly SW and exercise really doing the trick.

The whole group thing feels like a cross between Marjorie Dawes and Tyler Durden at first, but it's really worked for me and my lady.

My brother (on here somewhere) swears by this and he's also lost around the 2 stone mark. Easy to laugh due to the association and perception, but bloody hell, the whole point is to lose weight, and if it's knocking off 7lbs a month, fair play indeed.

• Paid Members

Jesus, I think my trainer's trying to kill me. I haven't seen her for over a week due to holidays and stuff so she really worked me tonight. My thighs feel like they're going to explode. I'll be crawling to work tomorrow.

But frustrated with weight loss though. Eating good but I'm fluctuating between 7lbs (3 on, 2 off, 4 on, 1 off, etc.) and it's annoying me. I was meant to have a hospital appointment today about my weight but I've postponed for 2 weeks to try and do something about this.

Any tips? I'm really busy at the moment and hardly have any spare time so doing more exercise than I am already isn't really an option.

I lost 4 and a half Stone in 3 months prior to my wedding last year, but I didn't do it in a way that was conventionally 'healthy'. It's was 1500 cals a day, working out twice a day.

Any time I've tried a more restrained approach, the slow progress really seems to frustrate me.

Jesus, I think my trainer's trying to kill me. I haven't seen her for over a week due to holidays and stuff so she really worked me tonight. My thighs feel like they're going to explode. I'll be crawling to work tomorrow.

But frustrated with weight loss though. Eating good but I'm fluctuating between 7lbs (3 on, 2 off, 4 on, 1 off, etc.) and it's annoying me. I was meant to have a hospital appointment today about my weight but I've postponed for 2 weeks to try and do something about this.

Any tips? I'm really busy at the moment and hardly have any spare time so doing more exercise than I am already isn't really an option.

Stop weighing yourself as much and start looking at yourself. Weight is super deceptive, especially for you ladies who suffer through all sorts of ungodly body stuff. Measure yourself instead and probably do the food diary to make sure your eating enough and a good balance of stuff. Drink loads of water too.

• Paid Members

Lost 6lbs in the last week and a half, healthy eating, walking between 10-11 thousand steps a day, didn't expect to lose that much and know it will obviously tail off, but I'm happy with that.

Now at 13.12 stone, 13.0 is the aim and hope to stick at that weight.

Seriously, it's due to the pedometer. Just over 7,000 steps so far today and it's 2.15pm. It's surprisingly easy.

Oh and no beer for a week... Bloody hard for me.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

Stop weighing yourself as much and start looking at yourself. Weight is super deceptive, especially for you ladies who suffer through all sorts of ungodly body stuff. Measure yourself instead and probably do the food diary to make sure your eating enough and a good balance of stuff. Drink loads of water too.

I know... Usually I don't weigh myself for weeks because I hate it so much but because I had the hospital appointment I wanted to see how I was doing. An example is that I weighed myself last night before going to bed and when I got up this morning I'd put on 3lbs! How's that work?!

But yeah, I'm going to start weighing myself at the gym every Tuesday when I have a session. That way I can do it regularly and see the changes. I also need to drink more. I'm massively guilty of not doing this and suffer from chronic dehydration (I've been told this by my doctor). I was thinking of getting one of those Ulla things to remind me - anyone got one of these or tried one?

Oh, and I can barely walk this morning. I hate my trainer.

Edited by Monkee