The Health and Fitness Thread

ShortOrderCook

• Paid Members

Is there somewhere I can get a full MOT without much cost?

I'm curious to know what state I'm in.

I've always found that the doctors do it if you go in and say you feel "rundown" or constantly tired. Test you for everything then. You get a blood test, diabetic test, urine test, blood pressure, everything. I even got the spit test the last time, which was fucking disgusting. I go in every few months and say the same thing.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

Cheers Arch and Baz... managed to get a five-minute appointment today and I have indeed been sent for an x-ray. I'm hoping it's nothing serious, but at the same time hoping it's something so it can get sorted and I can carry on!

Yoga's not a bad idea... I've even been thinking of having a go at DDP Yoga which appears to work wonders, though I'm always sceptical, especially when the "proof" of its success are all DDP's wrestling mates. Still, getting active is never a bad thing so we'll see.

You not seen the Arthur Borman videos? Honestly it's not just DDP's mates singing it's praises.

Give it a shot.

Edited by Silky Kisser

Hope you're doing well Keith.

I'm gonna give the yoga a crack. I've heard too many people saying good stuff about it. My anxiety/panic attacks have been extra bad lately after they seemed to fuck off for a while, and I'm hoping yoga will help.

Ryan Giggs said he did yoga and was in agony after his first session, and he gave it a big thumbs up. If it's good enough for Giggys, it's good enough for us, and I'm not even a United fan. I'm gonna start with basic YouTube tutorials and then look at trying out DDP's stuff.

• Paid Members

I walk 40 mins to work, generally potter around the campus for meetings etc, then walk 15 mins to the bus stop because walking home uphill after a shit day isn't fun.

It becomes second nature but I decided to download a free pedometer (not a pedo alert system) on my phone. Even something as basic as this gives that visual aid and sub conscious encouragement. It's been enough to make me think 'I'll walk the slightly longer way back to the office' after a meeting, even if it's only 2 mins more.

Since 8.30 until now (15.30), I've don't just over 7000.

• Paid Members

Weather is a twat for it, I agree.

Good luck with the booze avoidence Keith. Although I've never personally got to the point of thinking 'this is a problem' it's ridiculously easy to hammer 2-3 (4) pints most weeknights (2-3), let alone the weekend.

It's all socially based and has never been due to depression, but having a clean couple of weeks is becoming a hardship.

I'm craving another health streak and feel ready for it.

Don't mind saying, I'm 14.4 stone and want rid of a stone. I find it easy to shed weight through eating properly, but I struggle to find the right balance regarding 'body and mind'. I average around 5 hours of sleep a night and have become used to this, function well etc but I fear I will one day crash and burn.

Yep, it currently seems a bit fadish, but balls to it, yoga sounds mint based on the feedback. I'm going to seriously consider it.

Yoga isn't fadish. People have been doing it for years and raving about it, and it's been a mainstream fixture for ages.

I think it seems 'new' and 'fadish' at the minute because it's being opened up to the male audience and seems like something we could do and enjoy the benefits.

I took the plunge for the DDP yoga set so gonna start that.

I've also been given a free fortnight pass at a Bikram yoga school and having read that it's used by Andy Murray, David Beckham, the New York Giants, Fulham and Chelsea (+loads more) I was super pumped to give it a go. Having read more about it though, it sounds terrifying.

• Paid Members

Yoga isn't fadish. People have been doing it for years and raving about it, and it's been a mainstream fixture for ages.

I think it seems 'new' and 'fadish' at the minute because it's being opened up to the male audience and seems like something we could do and enjoy the benefits.

I took the plunge for the DDP yoga set so gonna start that.

I've also been given a free fortnight pass at a Bikram yoga school and having read that it's used by Andy Murray, David Beckham, the New York Giants, Fulham and Chelsea (+loads more) I was super pumped to give it a go. Having read more about it though, it sounds terrifying.

Sorry, I should have worded it better. I'm meant how you later described in terms of how it's more male accessible, the DDP side of things and it may appear to be jumping on the bandwagon. I fully appreciate that it's fucking huge and has been for a long time. However it has historically been directed towards the female audience.