Royal Rumble 2014 Discussion

HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
All I want from Sting coming out is that he has his 'Seek And Destroy' theme

Don't count on it. Metallica wanted a ridiculous fee for Enter Sandman in 2006, and I can't see any reason why it'd be different this time.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All I want from Sting coming out is that he has his 'Seek And Destroy' theme

Don't count on it. Metallica wanted a ridiculous fee for Enter Sandman in 2006, and I can't see any reason why it'd be different this time.

Bullshit. It's likely, as they were using Memory Remains in 2012 a few times. They also used For Whom Bell Tolls at Mania 27.

It was the label who made the demand ($1 million for 12 months use) not Metallica themselves. As was said, they've used Metallica tracks a bunch in the last couple of years (and 'All Nightmare Long' in 2008) so it is possible. Its just because prefer it to his Crow theme (which I do like btw)

• Paid Members

As King of Metal says, the comedy price was for using the theme for a whole year and would cover TV, house shows and DVDs. The other stuff they've done like Enter Sandman at the first ONS and the fricking Hell In A Cell getting its own entrance theme was for a one-time use on the PPV (possibly the DVD as well, but I'm not sure.)

Who will Bryan face at Mania though? I'm struggling to think of a Marquee match they could put him in.

I mean:

Batista vs Orton

Triple H vs Punk

Lesnar vs Taker

That leaves Cena as the only real big time opponent left unless they bring in HBK or do some kind of Tag Match with Cena and Hogan.

Yeah, the best options I'd see for Bryan at WrestleMania would be either Triple H (for the big overcoming the machine storyline) or Shawn Michaels, but it doesn't look like either of those are happening. Next best thing would be Brock Lesnar. Bryan vs Cena is a waste of a big moment because Bryan's already beaten him, Bryan vs Punk doesn't have any "arrival" moment for Bryan, and Bryan vs Orton is just a shithouse of a match.

Really, Triple H should have won the belts at TLC.

Triple H's promo right at the start of Raw was all about Lesnar, Cena and Batista being the main contenders to the title. No mention of any other potential Rumble winner.

Then Bryan's promo was about getting Bray one on one because Harper and Rowan were in the Rumble (logic?). So I immediately took that as Bryan is not in the Rumble, which is a huge disappointment.

• Paid Members

I'll be a bit gutted if Bryan isn't the surprise Rumble winner, I've had him pegged to win it since the whole Authority feud started. It just seems like the natural story to tell, as it's the one way that Triple H can't prevent him getting a fair crack at the title. From a storyline perspective, it's mental that Bryan wouldn't be desperate to be in the Rumble on Sunday. I'm chuffed Batista's back, but like a lot of fans, it will irk me slightly to see him come straight in and win the WrestleMania title shot ahead of the more popular babyface. Plus, Dave winning it looks mega predictable now, which takes all the fun out of it.

• Paid Members

The thing is, surely they've got something big for him at Mania because they've really gone with the momentum behind him again lately. I mean, he's over as fuck- probably more than he was around Summerslam. He's getting the biggest crowd reactions and has closed Raw quite a bit recently. The way he's been booked, normally you'd put your house on him winning the Rumble. It's set up for it, but then you have Batista and now Bryan facing Wyatt instead.

I hope he is a surprise entrant and wins it, going on to face Brock at Mania. Brock wins the chamber, Big Dave and Randy cost each big matches to set then up at Mania without the strap, Cena and Wyatt begin their programme Meltz has mentioned previously and there you go. Fuck, where does that leave Taker? What a dilemma the booking team have deciding how to fit this lot in.

Archived