Royal Rumble 2014 Discussion

HarmonicGenerator

Yeah cos he will be a surprise entrant and go on to win so of course you aint going to be able to bet on him to win.

Just checked again and Daniel Bryan is on there now at 7/4, easiest money you lot will ever make.

IF.HE.WINS!

Batista still the favourite, which is how I think it will go down. It says something when Reigns (4th fave behind Punk who is 7/2) is at 8/1 then the next person (Big E Langston) is 16/1

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont see them having Bryan win it at all. It just seems another fart on to try and put the pieces in place at short notice for a match they weren't planning on doing. If anything I see Bryan losing against Bray, and doing the Bret Hart 95 thing where he comes out and brawls with the 2 Wyatts in the match, leading to their elimination. I see Bray and Bryan's storyline continuing. Possibly with Bray, Cena and Bryan in the Elimination Chamber and they could somehow set up the Mega Powers 2k14 vs the Wyatts. Bray so doesn't need a loss right now. You could seriously have Bray going into WrestleMania as a pretty big deal if he gets a win over Bryan at the Rumble and then pins Cena at the Elimination Chamber.

If Bryan was going to win it, they'd do the whole starting from 1 or 2 and then having him win it, like they usually do with the super workers they want to get over as people who wont quit.

Though I said before I'd have had Bryan come in as 1 or 2 to win it, in light of how hot he is at the moment you want the crowd to savour his entry - like The Rock at Royal Rumble 2000 say.

As for Bray Wyatt, I think Bryan is potentially on the precipice of the biggest stardom he could attain. I think with Bryan he should be getting a win over someone established to cement that. A win against Lesnar would properly do that. Lesnar won't be harmed by it, Bryan will be massively elevated by it. Lesnar is a massive asset.

Bray Wyatt should be looking dominant too, but not to the expense of Bryan at the moment.

As much as you naturally think of having two factions face off, and I for one was for it before, I don't think The Shield vs. The Wyatts is logical really. Why would The Wyatts go after them? They're both heels for a start.

• Awards Moderator

Following SmackDown, there are now 25 confirmed entrants to the Rumble match, which makes me wonder who the final five could be. A lot of people are reckoning Daniel Bryan will get in there. Maybe a returner like Sheamus or RVD? Someone from NXT? A total surprise or two? Or will they just make up the numbers with the likes of Ryback, Khali and Santino?

Well it won't be Santino as he had neck surgery this week. Who were the five on Smackdown? I checked in at LoP this morning... like an hour ago, and they have this up;

There were no new Royal Rumble entrants announced on tonight's SmackDown. Going into Sunday's pay-per-view there are 20 confirmed names and 10 open spots. The list of confirmed names looks like this:

Batista, CM Punk (#1), Alberto Del Rio, Big E Langston, The Miz, R-Truth, Xavier Woods, Kofi Kingston, Goldust, Cody Rhodes, Fandango, Rey Mysterio, Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Erick Rowan, Luke Harper, Damien Sandow, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso

Honestly, I think they should have kept it at 40; more surprises would be better! There are honestly on two 'big deal' wrestlers in it.

If Ziggler passes his concussion test, he'll be there, as will Ryback and Axel probably. We might also get Sin Cara. Sheamus and Jericho are both in the are doing meet and greets at a car show, so they'll probably show up.

Going back to Bryan; Cody and Goldie are pulling double duty, so why can't he?

Following SmackDown, there are now 25 confirmed entrants to the Rumble match, which makes me wonder who the final five could be. A lot of people are reckoning Daniel Bryan will get in there. Maybe a returner like Sheamus or RVD? Someone from NXT? A total surprise or two? Or will they just make up the numbers with the likes of Ryback, Khali and Santino?

Reading that makes you miss the good old days of 3 or 4 spots being left aside for random outsiders, foreigners and Rick Martel.

• Paid Members

The five recently added ones are PTP, Real Americans and Ryback. There are rumors of Sheamus, Christian and Jericho taking three of the remaining five 'mystery' spots. Sheamus will be a good surprise entrant, but I really couldn't give a fuck about the other two. Apparently Barrett was advertised as being in the Rumble, but isn't anymore.

• Awards Moderator
The five recently added ones are PTP, Real Americans and Ryback. There are rumors of Sheamus, Christian and Jericho taking three of the remaining five 'mystery' spots. Sheamus will be a good surprise entrant, but I really couldn't give a fuck about the other two. Apparently Barrett was advertised as being in the Rumble, but isn't anymore.

Where did you get that info? I've been using Wikipedia's Rumble page for the current list of entrants, and they had the Real Americans listed there this morning, but they've since been removed - Barrett is still on there though. None of those five are listed on WWE.com either, but if they're in the match I'll add them to the opening post here.

Speaking of WWE.com, they had a brilliant video on their Rumble site of the 100 best eliminations in Rumble history.

Meanwhile, I played a Rumble on WWE2K14 today with the confirmed entrants plus some wildcards, and Sheamus ended up winning. Some of it seemed like it could quite feasibly happen - Punk battled the odds in the opening stretch, Roman Reigns eliminated loads of people, Big E got a good run in the final third and ended up as one of the last four along with HHH, Sheamus and Billy Gunn - and some of it is very unlikely - Batista entered at 8 and got chucked out straight away by Reigns, Daniel Bryan entered and was eliminated by Xavier Woods, Billy Gunn was in the final four... I would be surprised to see Sheamus win tomorrow, but a surprise return at number 30 is certainly plausible. Also, is there a way to re-enter a Rumble in the game when your character is eliminated?

Can you get the pre show on the youtube app on the xbox? I know how to work the app but i'm not sure how it'd work with live streaming? Would quite like to see Outlaws v Rhodes.

Sure I tried this for Survivor Series and it didn't work.

Archived