Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm assuming after several replies that, for some reason, 1-2-3 Kid doesn't count (ironically).

I think it's because he wasn't a jobber, that was just his intro gimmick. He was contracted talent. Although the same was true of Colin Delaney, surely? I don't think this has ever happened before in WWE.

I'm not 100% sure, but the way I recall it was that Delaney was a situation similar to Ellsworth - he was intially brought in as a one-off to do a job, got a good reaction so was brought back. I don't think he was actually signed until he'd been on TV a good number of times - he wasn't a signed talent brought onto TV with an 'unsigned jobber' gimmick.

Did the Brooklyn Brawler not beat Triple H at one point while he was the top man? Or have I dreamt that?

He did, it was in July 2000 on an episode of Smackdown thanks to Chris Jericho. H and Jericho were feuding at the time leading to the blow off match under Last Man Standing rules at Fully Loaded. 

There's an Ellsworth-Ambrose story coming this week, and that can only mean one thing... JBL's commentary is going to be brutal this week. So I'm dropping these gems in this thread for later use

fucking hell though, that Brawl For All was mental wasn't it. How they let him continue after he first got dropped is beyond me. The vacant nod when asked if he could continue is actually a bit sad. The layer of sweat on him and the fear in his eyes prior is beautiful though. apparently he was acting the hard-arse in the back and then had to try prove it once for whole Brawl For All idea came about and it was some lovely karma we got there. anyway his brains must be scrambled even if they were the only concussions he ever got in his career, was that behind his retirement? He may have been one of the first to retire from concussion related injuries if so

Cracking promo from The Miz again this week, Anyone notice The Miz and Maryse were in Red...? He's gonna screw Smackdown Live at Survivor Series isn't he.

Think he'll screw Dolph at Survivor Series and send the title to Raw. Smackdown will then pick the new champion as their draft pick.

fucking hell though, that Brawl For All was mental wasn't it. How they let him continue after he first got dropped is beyond me. The vacant nod when asked if he could continue is actually a bit sad. The layer of sweat on him and the fear in his eyes prior is beautiful though. apparently he was acting the hard-arse in the back and then had to try prove it once for whole Brawl For All idea came about and it was some lovely karma we got there. anyway his brains must be scrambled even if they were the only concussions he ever got in his career, was that behind his retirement? He may have been one of the first to retire from concussion related injuries if so

Vince's pettiness really shone through with this one though.

Brawl for All got over, and Bart got over because of it but because he knocked out JR's boy they never did anything with him.

He was never going to be a huge star but in the 'Attitude' era a big meathead who knocks people out for money could have been a decent gimmick. 

Yeah, he looked alright in his fights with Williams and Bradshaw, so that long laborious process that people really didnt take to could have still had some use, for at least a little while. Good look to the guy and I think Shamrock was only around for another 9 months or so, coulda been a decent midcard tuff guy with that never-fucking-happening-again tournament to always boast about and have going for him, I'm sure he'd be more use than say, Hardcore bastard Holly. I can't believe they just had Butterbean cream him and got rid.

Vince's pettiness really shone through with this one though.

Brawl for All got over, and Bart got over because of it but because he knocked out JR's boy they never did anything with him.

He was never going to be a huge star but in the 'Attitude' era a big meathead who knocks people out for money could have been a decent gimmick.

Couldn't do anything after Butterbean flattened him at Wrestlemania!

Archived