The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Echo the sentiments of tiger_rick. I got into wrestling watching WCW in '97 and Goldberg was an absolute superhero to me at the time. Seeing him return and him being so obviously humbled at the response from the crowd, as well as his family being there to witness it... it all had me close to tears. From a personal standpoint this one the greatest "returns" of all time for me. Suffice to say I'm more excited for his match with Lesnar than anything else on the horizon. I just hope they don't somehow fuck it up.

Golberg gets the shine but is distracted by Heyman --> Suplex City --> Superman comeback --> Spear/Jackhammer and Goldy wins. Doesn't need to be much more than 10 - 12 minutes. Don't let me down WWE

• Paid Members

If this is a one-off appearance, Goldberg should not win. Brock- the man who ended the streak, destroyed Cena and nearly killed Orton- cannot possibly put over an old relic (albeit a brilliant one) that may not have another match in WWE again. Plus, he's 1-0 up as it is. Brock needs this win, Goldberg doesn't, then Brock finally has to give somebody coming up the rub.

• Paid Members

Goldberg should win. His last match is the story here. Tell the story people want to see. Lesnar doesn't need to win., he's already a star and you can rehab him in 5 seconds when he throws some fucker around the next week. If they want to do the Shane match still, have all the authority figures ringside for the match (to show what a massive deal it is, I'd have Steve Austin, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, etc there too) and after Goldberg's taken the adulation, have Lesnar drag Shane over the barricade and F5 him again out of frustration.

I'd take whoever loses outta samoa joe and nakamura to face Lesnar. Both are the only ones with enough aura left to face him, and winners clearly staying there until at least mania

• Paid Members

Goldberg should win. His last match is the story here. Tell the story people want to see. Lesnar doesn't need to win., he's already a star and you can rehab him in 5 seconds when he throws some fucker around the next week. If they want to do the Shane match still, have all the authority figures ringside for the match (to show what a massive deal it is, I'd have Steve Austin, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, etc there too) and after Goldberg's taken the adulation, have Lesnar drag Shane over the barricade and F5 him again out of frustration.

Oh you can rehab him for sure, but if they've invested all this time in the whole 'nobody can beat Brock' angle, and some fucker that's 50 next month comes along and beats him in his first match for 12 years, how shite will that make the rest of the roster? Ok, that's their problem in the first place for not elevating guys into that position, but still. If Brock hadn't ended the streak and squashed Cena at the following SummerSlam, then a Goldberg win would be fine. But they've dug themselves into a bit of a hole I feel. They can still use Brock to make someone if he beats Goldberg. If not, then I think they've completely wasted that opportunity.

Goldberg must win clean with a bad ass spear then a devastating jackhammer inside a 10 minute brawl. That would be the perfect ending!

This is not meant to sound like I'm knocking him in any way as I've always been a big Goldberg fan and his return is one of a kind, but I do wonder if he can still get Lesnar up for a jackhammer tbh. We'll surely see a spear or two of course.

Guess we don't really know and we'll have to wait and see.

• Paid Members

I've never seen somebody protected so much as Lesnar when he lost to 'Taker. He made Undertaker tap first, then did the Steve Austin 'Mania 13 finish; with bad ass middle finger included. Lesnar then got the win back in convincing fashion.

Anyway, Goldberg beating Lesnar is a better choice than anyone currently on the roster. Like the 'Taker match, they can do all sorts to protect Lesnar and potentially set up a final gimmick match with Lesnar facing the man he can't beat. Really, who's ready to get the Lesnar rub? They've shat on babyface Reigns far too many times now, which is horrible.

Edited by ColinBollocks