The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Sad to say, but I actually think a botch-free Mistico does Sin Cara's moves a lot smoother than Hunico did. He seemed to really struggle with those springboard arm drags.

It's weird, I mean, Mistico's not the first foreigner/star from other promotions to struggle with the WWE style, but most are able to adjust in time. He's had a bit over 2 years on the roster, and while injuries have hampered him, it's astounding that he could be such a massive star in Mexico, and such a disaster in WWE.

Because Mexico and WWE are apples and oranges.

This. There's a probably somewhat flawed list of top 100 draws that the Wrestling Observer knocked up in which Mistico places 26 out of an all time world ranking. The reason Mistico drew so well wasn't just the booking nor the character, it was the luchadore too, and it took the entire package for him to be such a big draw. I've only ever watched Mistico since he went to the WWE but its obvious that he was pretty great, and not just in a flippy floppy way, but great at selling and drawing sympathy.

The problems, as far as I can see, are two fold. Lucha and WWE wrestling (or even American styles in general) aren't the same thing. Lucha does have a psychology (not that people in both AAA and CMLL can't be accused of ignoring that) but it operates differently. That's part of the reason why it can be difficult for people to immediately dive into lucha. Its also the reason why indy guys doing lucha moves or sequences tends to look crap. They're taking things out of context. Rey did get over in the 'E, obviously, but had a lot more experience wrestling in American rings than Mistico has. But there's also differences in rings and pace (especially pace) and I think that's probably part of the reason why Mistico has picked up the injuries he has.

The other problem is that Mistico was huge in Mexico. He went from being the biggest fish in what, at his height, was a pretty well sized pond (its not now), to being a pretty tiny fish in a big pond that has entirely different water. Mistico was protected in Mexico from the off, once he got that gimmick he was pretty much destined to become a star. Ego and such like are always going to pop up in a situation like that.

Don't get me wrong, I don't remotely think the WWE should change to accommodate Mistico. They shouldn't.

Anyone else get the feeling that TLC could end with Triple H becoming the Undisputed champion? He'll come out tip the ladder over when Cena and Orton are battling for the belts and he'll walk out champ. The King of King rules again. Hopefully not but I can see it.

Anyone else get the feeling that TLC could end with Triple H becoming the Undisputed champion? He'll come out tip the ladder over when Cena and Orton are battling for the belts and he'll walk out champ. The King of King rules again. Hopefully not but I can see it.

I would piss my pants with giddiness if that happened. Would proper mix shit up as well.

That would be the best possible ending to the match. I'll be disappointed now with what actually happens. That's a proper "Henry and Ryback destroying a model New York city" suggestion, just so much better than the reality will offer. Triple H just claiming the title for himself then losing it to Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania would be so good.

Edited by King Pitcos

That'd be a great way to do things, having Triple H make himself champion. He hasn't been one in about 5 years, so you could say he'd be a lot fresher as champ than Cena or Orton. It'd be a fun dynamic having the boss as champion, they did it with McMahon and I think Russo too, but this would be the first time to my knowledge where the boss is an actual wrestler as well.

There's so much scope for different directions having a wrestler as the boss, but Triple H's actions for the most part have been standard heel authority figure. If someone started watching WWE today, they'd have no idea that Triple H is/was an active wrestler.

I will say, if that does happen- and I actually think there's a decent chance of it- I hope any Cena/Orton/Triple H feud is done by the Rumble. I'd like to see Triple H involved with Punk or Bryan at Wrestlemania.

• Paid Members

HHH pretty much played that role at the start of 2000, when he and Steph were essentially running things on-screen. It worked well then, maybe it could again although I'd hope to see more matches with the likes of Punk and Bryan and not with the likes of Cena and Orton to make things fresher.