The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Didn't see much of Raw, but I liked the six man tag a lot, Cody put on one of his best performances ever in it and Goldust busted out a sweet diving hurracanrana. Benoit vs Snitsky ended up being a pretty damn good match too, and served as a nice backdrop to a great Bray Wyatt promo. Nice to see Hunico back as Sin Cara too, I guess he's been wearing long sleeves as Hunico for the last few weeks to cover the tattoo before returning under the mask. I guess he could conceivably do both gimmicks simultaneously.

Edited by Big Rob

Didn't see much of Raw, but I liked the six man tag a lot, Cody put on one of his best performances ever in it and Goldust busted out a sweet diving hurracanrana. Benoit vs Snitsky ended up being a pretty damn good match too, and served as a nice backdrop to a great Bray Wyatt promo. Nice to see Hunico back as Sin Cara too, I guess he's been wearing long sleeves as Hunico for the last few weeks to cover the tattoo before returning under the mask. I guess he could conceivably do both gimmicks simultaneously.

When was the last time Hunico appeared on TV anyway? might as well just keep him as Sin Cara nobody will notice Hunico has gone at all, most like me probably thought he was long gone allready

He was on Superstars last week with the other Mexican gangster lad.

Fairly meh Raw with the exception of the Cena/Orton contract brawl and Wyatt's promo on Bryan.I'm sure the 6 man tag was good,just like the million other 6 man tags the Shield have had,but I don't give a shite about them anymore.

Babyface Punk is really annoying me at the moment too,probably because it's obvious he's just going through the motions.

• Paid Members

When was the last time Hunico appeared on TV anyway? might as well just keep him as Sin Cara nobody will notice Hunico has gone at all, most like me probably thought he was long gone allready

Why do they need Hunico as a gangster anyway? They have Camacho, the least Mexican mang ever, and they can't release him, because Meng will snap all of their teeth.

I thought it was a decent Raw, but I don't know if I'd have liked it as much if I couldn't skip through this week's Kofi vs Ziggler Shield vs Rhodes match.

Really good stuff from Cena, Orton and the Authority in that contract signing. Ian's right that it seemed like it should have been the go-home sell, and I'd be surprised if next week's chapter tops it.

Casting Hunico as Sin Cara is a great call. The other fella's so shit, and Hunico's good, and the Hunico gimmick was a waste of time. Perfect outcome.

I don't like the two handicap matches booked for TLC. They're the kind of matches that naughty boys get booked into "later tonight" on Raw. I did enjoy the Bray Wyatt bit, though. And The Shield's little selfie was pretty good, it was different than their usual content. Punk's was, too. The little details around each match are a bit different, which helps distinguish them from each other a bit. Surely the parallel booking of these matches is another step on the road to Shield vs Wyatts at WrestleMania as well, especially with Bray's "bring the system down" thing and Shield being the system's henchmen.

I really hope Kofi's on Miz TV on Smackdown. Could do him the world of good.

If they bring in Paige as sister Abigail, as some have suggested, this group would be quite a fantastic cast of characters.

Sister Abigail's been dead for years, and was Bray's teacher when he was a boy. It'd be odd casting to have her played by a bird in her early twenties who wants to bring wrestling back to the divas division like it had in the attitude era with Sable and Sunny.

• Paid Members

I think Hunico is crap as Sin Cara. He isn't a particularly spectacular flyer at all, not helped by him being a bit podgy. The Mistico guy might have struggled, but at least you could see that he had some awesome aerial abilities. I guess his injuries and attitude have done him in though. The gimmick is no good anyway, the experiment has flopped at every turn.

And (being nitpicky) Cena was never undisputed WWE Champion. He won the WWE title long after the undisputed title was in existence. You'd think Triple H, of all people, would have a better handle on title lineage- he was the first World champion when the titles were split between brands.

Do you mean first WHC? Because I remember it was the angle of Lesnar being Undisputed/WWE champion and going to SD with Stephanie that triggered Bischoff announcing the new Big Gold and giving it straight to Trips.

Yeah, Triple H was the first World Heavyweight Champion when Raw got its own world title. Not sure how that could have been interpreted any other way tbh.

Babyface Punk is really annoying me at the moment too,probably because it's obvious he's just going through the motions.

All I could think about when he did the Oklahoma City cheap pop is how he viciously mocked the cheap pop thing in a promo as a heel, I think it may have been shortly after the pipebomb promo.

Edited by Shane O' Mac Version 2

• Paid Members

They've got Samuray Del Sol on the roster now no doubt to specifically be their next big masked luchador. HuniCara is just there to keep the gimmick alive and sell some masks. Samuray should do great too. He's very impressive.

• Paid Members
the experiment has flopped at every turn.

Not in terms of Merch, which has still been selling well enough to warrant the character being around. At least that's the word going round. Even on the European tour Sin Cara gear was selling well and he hadn't been on TV in weeks.

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members
the experiment has flopped at every turn.

Not in terms of Merch, which has still been selling well enough to warrant the character being around. At least that's the word going round. Even on the European tour Sin Cara gear was selling well and he hadn't been on TV in weeks.

Yeah, I get that. It's clear that they want to persist with the character, hence putting a fat imitator under the hood just to keep it on TV. The reality is that kids (well, most wrestling fans) love colourful masked characters, they don't necessarily love Sin Cara. I firmly believe that they could easily create a new luchador with a better mask to replace Sin Cara.

The worst thing about the Sin Cara gimmick is the design of the mask. Without being able to see eyes and the mouth it's extremely difficult to express any emotion at all. You need to super-exaggerate your body movements to counter it. Mistico doesn't even appear to try to do that.