The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

it involves the scrappy, charismatic and SMALL enzo (the more over of the two) going heel against big Cass, which is a rubbish dynamic and the kiss of death for enzo.

I agree with the rest of your post, but not this part. The small heel vs big face dynamic has enough successful precedents.

• Paid Members

I'm not saying it can't work in any circumstances, I'm saying in this particular one its a bad dynamic because doing heel small guy vs face big guy is hard (particularly with enzos offensive style, and frankly both of their level of work. Enzo ain't exactly hbk). It's even harder when everyone much prefers the small guy.

Edited by Duke

Anyone else unimpressed by Cass's mic skills? His delivery feels really amateurish and his facial expression is pretty blank and dead eyed. The line about getting a receipt for the gift and taking it back to the store wasn't clever or funny either.

Cass is doing well considering the situation he's been put in. They hardly called him up expecting to put him in solo opening segments and main events. He's decent enough on the mic and in ring. Depending on how you look at it, it either helps or hinders him that he's usually with Enzo - one of the best talkers they've got. Either it covers up where he's lacking or highlights it. But he's doing just fine.

Cass is doing well considering the situation he's been put in. They hardly called him up expecting to put him in solo opening segments and main events.

Considering the situation he's been put in?? This isn't a kid that got pulled out the crowd, he works for the WWE it's his job,

His promo on Raw makes Roman Reigns seem like The Rock. I'm sure he will get better with time.

• Paid Members

Anyone else unimpressed by Cass's mic skills? His delivery feels really amateurish and his facial expression is pretty blank and dead eyed. The line about getting a receipt for the gift and taking it back to the store wasn't clever or funny either.

This description could be used for the vast majority of WWE promos for the past 5 years sadly.

Cass is doing well considering the situation he's been put in. They hardly called him up expecting to put him in solo opening segments and main events.

Considering the situation he's been put in?? This isn't a kid that got pulled out the crowd, he works for the WWE it's his job,

His promo on Raw makes Roman Reigns seem like The Rock. I'm sure he will get better with time.

He wasn't called up to work solo though was he? Enzo's concussion has stalled a fair chunk of their booking

• Paid Members

Isn't Cass supposed to be essentially a rookie wrestler, given that he's just come up from NXT? Surely, then, putting him in main events and giving him solo slots is, essentially, throwing him in at the deep end? In any other job, it would be "beyond his experience level", so it does sound like he's doing well considering what's probably expected of him.