The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I find it funny that someone's defending the spot by trying to compare them to Hogan. Mostly because the fellows doing that spot and the crowd watching it probably don't consider Hogan to be the fantastic wrestler that he is.

Unless I've misread something, some ROH turds are being compared to HULK HOGAN and THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR. Is that actually happening? Not least because the subject is no-selling and they've basically picked arguably the two biggest superhero characters of all time as the example.

You could even have a pop at Hogan for the "reviving" elbow by Savage in 1995 as wrestling being really fucking daft, and that's still actually better than the infamous ROH stuperplex.

This debate starts and ends with Hogan vs Sting from Bound For Glory in my mind. Those silly old cunts are knackered as fuck and have got some Philly mutants sucking the jizz off the end of their dicks without so much as a bump from one of them. A glorious pro wrestling display.

Edited by NEWM

• Paid Members

Could it be possible that some us hate Cena for the character he portrays? That's why I hate him. Horrible USA #1 type

Could it be possible that some us hate Cena for the character he portrays? That's why I hate him. Horrible USA #1 type

Horrible USA #1 type

This reminds me of something I meant to mention the other day after the Gamesmaster video got posted. Did the whole "fuck America lolz" thing start with people at a certain age, or a certain point in history? Putting stars and stripes jackets on people and sending them out on UK TV now seems like it'd be designed to get them hated, but in the early nineties, it was done to have the effect of making them look like megastars we aspire to be.

I don't think I ever had the anti-America phase, but it'd surely make watching pro wrestling impossible because it's so quintessentially American. Do BritWres promoters still use AMERICAN style wrestling on posters?

It's been said multiple times before, but still something that puts me off BritWres almost entirely is that it's not American. I've never ever been able to hear British guys do modern style promos without it sounding all shite and car boot saley. Even when it's Brits in proper wrestling, other than Regal they never sound quite right. Our regional dialects can be death as well, all of them. The posters should leave American on in big fuck off letters if they can, it immediately adds credibility for me.

As for pro-US faces, as a kid I didn't like Hogan or Luger as flag-waving superchaps, but that's possibly also because they had Warrior and Bret as their counterparts and they were my favourites until Shawn Michaels got ace. My Mum told me I booed Jim Duggan at the Sheffield Arena in 1992 instead of doing his USA chant, but then I booed Davey Boy Smith too, because I always irrationally disliked him as a kid.

Have I imagined this or on the pre-game show to One Night Only, did they interview Bret (who got a very heavy mixed response compared to Owen and obviously Bulldog) and outright asked him if it made him sad to be booed over here, or words to that effect. I'm sure I remember him being a bit gutted to not still have the UK going apeshit and crying tears of joy for him like the Canadians and Savio Vega would.

• Paid Members
It's been said multiple times before, but still something that puts me off BritWres almost entirely is that it's not American. I've never ever been able to hear British guys do modern style promos without it sounding all shite and car boot saley. Even when it's Brits in proper wrestling, other than Regal they never sound quite right. Our regional dialects can be death as well, all of them. The posters should leave American on in big fuck off letters if they can, it immediately adds credibility for me.

I agree. I've never heard a good/listenable promo from anyone English in wrestling who isn't Regal/occasionally Wade Barrett. And unless a British wrestling poster has AMERICAN plastered on it I just assume it's the godawful World Of Sport shit with rounds and fucking public warnings from the ref.

Probably 40 minutes.

Thats makes it even worse, so it wasnt some super human comback for the finish then or a reason to get them both counted it. It was a stupid spot 5 minutes into the match.

Awesome

If I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure this is also the match where Eddie hit Davey with a top-rope hurricarana, followed it up with multiple powerbombs, 2 dragon sleepers, used a tombstone piledriver to literally transition into his 'Die Hard' finisher, all in the space of about 3 minutes, and all it got was a 2 count.

I blew up just thinking about that spot. It literally was all about MOVEZ~! and FIGHTING SPRIT~! and even the ROH mutants sounded like they couldn't give a shit for large portions of the match

Edited by pain-giver