The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Monday Night Raw.

9AIWcMkl.jpg

Looks absolutely fucking horrific.  As far as I remember, there was also a month or two last year where every episode opened with some form of Authority or Seth Rollins promo.

Edited by Slapnut

• Paid Members

Monday Night Raw.

9AIWcMkl.jpg

Looks absolutely fucking horrific.  As far as I remember, there was also a month or two last year where every episode opened with some form of Authority or Seth Rollins promo.

Yeah, it's obvious watching it but that just hammers it home. Great graphic. Odd to be so predictable but also to throw your star out there first every week. Surely if you want Raw to keep viewers throughout the three hours, you'd hold something back for later. Like they did with Lesnar this week. They used to do it with Austin too. Sometimes he was first out. Sometimes he was all over the sho. But often he didn't turn up until half way through.

Used to be the case that the champion wouldn't wrestle on TV that much, they may appear in some form but that's why you would buy the PPV, to see the champion in action. Now they appear in the opening segment to link up the closing segment

If you go through the episodes of RAW & Smackdown from last year on the network, a lot of the thumbnails are either of Rollins stood in the ring, mic in hand with the belt over his shoulder or he's on his way down the aisle with the belt over his shoulder

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Hate it! how hard is it to switch it around even on a 4 week cycle what you see in the first 10 minutes

1) Authority Figure + others to set up a match

2) Annoyed wrestler cuts promo

3) Hot match

4) Announcers recapping something big for 2-3 minutes and then hyping the previously announced main event

and mix and repeat!

It's depressing as fuck when you hear the start to Steph's music, here we go again. Just knock it on the head, I like Regal on NXT, a fair GM or Authority figure that doesn't kiss ass but don't take any shit either, just makes logical decisions within the context of the show. How long have they been at this now, it's nuts.

• Paid Members

What % of RAW main events are 'booked on the fly' by The Authority in the opening angle? It has to be a majority, right? When did it become commonplace for this to happen? I can't actually remember when it wasn't the norm. Authority figures are so terrible at planning if they never have a main even scheduled until somebody pisses them off.

What % of RAW main events are 'booked on the fly' by The Authority in the opening angle? It has to be a majority, right? When did it become commonplace for this to happen?

1998. When they started turning the tide on WCW, it was down to things like Vince and Austin arguing in the opening segment and challenging each other to a match for the main event. When Austin lost the title to Kane at King of the Ring, the opening of Raw the next night involved him persuading Vince and Kane to give him a rematch. Mankind's big world title win came about because he tortured Shane McMahon to make Vince give him a title match. It's very seldom since then that the show has a main event pre-booked, although there was a spell during the Eric Bischoff Raw era where he'd sometimes book big matches a week or two in advance. It might have just been the months where there was a Smackdown-only PPV.

Watched this week on wwe this week, haven't seen a raw since November, and skimmed a lot of tv this last year. But seemed to me that every time rumble was mentioned, was mentioned as "royal rumble ppv" . Last I remember was the big shows being mentioned as wwe network specials, and the ppv part rarely mentioned. S this an attempt at getting ppv buys again, or have I just missed the emphasis in 2015?

• Paid Members

Yeah they went back to calling them PPV's quite quickly. Think it just sounds more important, even if it's a slightly incorrect descriptive for the most part now.

Edited by Benno

• Paid Members

Stephanie hinted to the crowd that the Rumble winner might be someone they've not seen before.

Reigns is number one, drawn in the least subtle segment since Terrorists attacked The Undertaker.

Chris Jericho cartwheeling is mildly amusing.

Wyatts standing tall at the end over Lesnar and Reigns was cool. One week heat job, like.

When did Show turn face again??