The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

The 11/9 edition of RAW from Manchester, which was centered around the beginning of the WWE World Heavyweight Title Tournament, averaged 3.17 million viewers (RAW averaged 3.25 million viewers last week). This is only marginally better than the 3.14 million viewers that a Christmas Eve episode of RAW in 2012 did, which is still the least viewed RAW since the show moved to 3 hours. This week’s show now holds the record for the least viewed non-holiday edition of RAW since moving to 3 hours.

The hourly breakdown for this week’s RAW was 3.480 million viewers during the first hour, 3.177 million viewers for the second hour, and a disastrous 2.863 million viewers.

Christ, only 2,863,000 people watched the 3rd hour of Raw last night. Ooof.

Not really a surprise. What incentive was there for people to watch the last hour? The Wyatts are not going to draw people in or make them keep watching to the end, and no one really expected Undertaker (or Kane) to turn up. The tournament brackets had no matches that were going to get people excited or want to make them keep watching to the end either.

• Paid Members

Not really a surprise. What incentive was there for people to watch the last hour? The Wyatts are not going to draw people in or make them keep watching to the end, and no one really expected Undertaker (or Kane) to turn up. The tournament brackets had no matches that were going to get people excited or want to make them keep watching to the end either.

Why did nobody expect Undertaker and/or Kane to turn up? Given it's promoted as the biggest storyline going into Survivor Series, them making an appearance is always on the cards.

Why did nobody expect Undertaker and/or Kane to turn up? Given it's promoted as the biggest storyline going into Survivor Series, them making an appearance is always on the cards.

And it was a taped show so it was hardly a shocking surprise.

• Paid Members

SMACKDOWN SPOILERS (Is there even a thread anymore for it?) in terms of the tournament

Kallisto appears to have beat Ryback, because that makes sense. Clean

If I was forced to apply some kind of logic to this, I'd say...

It's just to set del Rio up to beat a Mexican opponent on Raw, for some hypocrisy promo fodder for Zeb. And a little bit of 'anything can happen'

I have to say, despite never being a fan of one-night tournaments (I never loved KotR like so many did), I'm disappointed they didn't go down that route this time, just because it's been so long since they've done one with more than the same old "just the semis and final on the same night". It would have been an opportunity for some interesting storytelling - I like the idea someone floated earlier of Sheamus getting DQ'd quickly in his first round match with an intention he's gonna come back and cash in at the end, even if that got thwarted somehow.

As it is, I can't see beyond Reigns vs. del Rio & Ambrose vs. Owens as the semis on the PPV, then a Reigns vs. Ambrose final with one of them turning to replace Seth in the Authority's good graces.