The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Bit of a nail in the coffin for Erick Rowan though when he gets back. He was already odd one out. Not sure who will side with Ambrose & Reigns if anyone does.

My money's on.... Erick Rowan.

Bit of a nail in the coffin for Erick Rowan though when he gets back. He was already odd one out. Not sure who will side with Ambrose & Reigns if anyone does.

That'd be a nice touch. I wouldn't expect him to get back til December-ish from what I've heard though

• Paid Members

I loved raw....I cant remember the last time i said that.

The Sting thing is strange. After WM  i thought that the whole "vigilante" thing was dead. Be interesting to see how they play the HHH handshake off.

Weird how NXT and Raw where both better than summerslam.

• Paid Members

WrestleMania took place in an alternate universe this year. The Bray Wyatt vs Undertaker match never happened, Hulk Hogan didnt do a run/walk in and Sting and Triple H never shook hands.

The Sting appearance was great. Thought it was hilarious that he was under there for so long, his facepaint was sweating off. The pop was brilliant. Say what you want about Sting, but for a bloke in his late 50s, he really has that star aura down.

• Paid Members

The network exclusive after had HHH saying he wished he'd finished the job with Sting and that Rollins would at Night of Champions. Guessing they can go down the route with HHH saying the handshake was because the Kliq and co was there and it made the most sense as friends but that he doesn't care about Stings respect.

• Paid Members

You're probably right. It'd be shit, just like anything Rowan did as a face and he'd come out to his rubbish music to no pop, but I bet they'd still do it. Also without explaining why he's turned on Harper. Edited by PunkStep

What a lovely show. They gave SummerSlam an ending that'd make you want to see the follow-up, and then managed to throw a bunch of interesting things on Raw without even having to do any real developments to the big story going in. This is what wrestling needs -- shit being thrown against the wall again. There was hardly anything on there that felt like a repeat.

Braun Stowman hasn't really wrestled on NXT TV, has he? It's interesting to see someone come up who hasn't had loads of TV time on the developmental show. I only remember him as a Rosebud, though I feel like he had a different TV role briefly too.

I wondered the other day who there is left for Rollins to fight if he came away from SummerSlam with the title. Sting is a brilliant answer!

The Dudleys returning was great to see. They add a lot of life to a division that struggles because only two of the regular teams have personality (albeit lots of personality) and the rest are silent nobodies, and they all wrestle each other too much. When it seems like New Day are going to have to carry the division on their backs trying to make ten matches in a row with the Lucha Dragons interesting, what an amazing surprise to see Bubba and D-Von back.

Thhe Divas Revolution is such a letdown because of the thoughtless shit at the wall approach that I've condoned for Raw in general. A huge part of what made/makes them work in NXT is the setting, presentation and writing. You can't just throw them onto Raw and expect them to get themselves over without much help... You can't just rely on everyone having watched NXT either. Charlotte hasn't inherited her dad's (or gained any kind of) personality, Becky's "lol random" thing could work maybe but hasn't clicked yet, and Sasha... Well, Sasha is brilliant, but she's hamstrung by the group scenario. She's not standing out. Nobody is, except shitty Paige for being so shit.

It's as vague a "revolution" as Russell Brand's -- like him, it was idealistic bullshit that sounds good in the abstract but hasn't been thought through at all. They need to figure it out, because at the moment there's no reason to care about any of it unless you already know and like the NXT girls. And even then, it's a struggle. The key is surely in establishing the individual personalities and building to one big match (probably Nikki Bella vs Charlotte) then going from there. Trying to focus on nine, or even six, of them at the same time in one storyline is mental. Miz was good in that bit though.

• Paid Members

Well, Sasha is brilliant, but she's hamstrung by the group scenario.

Asking her to say "I only associate with the best" for the SummerSlam build video actually made me choke on my chicken wings. Naomi is the best? The best Funkadactyl, that's about it.

A few of the less than reputable newssites are claiming that Cena is politicking to keep the Divas belt on Nikki Bella.

Although that is entirely possible I do think Nikki's the most well rounded Diva they have in terms of personality and wrestling ability (next to Sasha but Nikki is more established) and deserves the position she is in.