The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Just from watching the highlights of Raw on wwe.com it's really apparent how mundane and lifeless the show has come. It's hardly must see TV, it feels as though they are just going through the motions and throwing together the obvious at the last minute.

Ā 

There is very little in the way of star power on Raw these days and it doesn't say much for the young Superstars when WWE are still having to rely on a already established veteran in Brock Lesnar to bring some life to the show and even he looked like he couldn't be bothered.

Ā 

It's embarrassing that WWE are still using the giant crash mat in this day and age, as was the case in the Owen's segment with Machine Gun Kelly. They made no attempt to even hide the fact it was a a crash mat who said wrestling is fake?....WWE did last night.

Ā 

WWE has really lost its momentum and for me is flat-lining. The WWE Performance Centre and NXT may be bursting with talent but do we really want the WWE machine producing generic WWE Superstars and molding them to work a WWE style? You can be the best wrestler in the world and be able to do 650s and shooting star presses or whatever but if you havent got star power then your fucked and looking at the wrestlers in NXT they all seem to be able to do those flips and flops ike those in ROH or like the kind of wrestlers who perform in Community Centres up and down the UK in front of 50 people but the future isn't looking very bright. Samoa Joe, Kevin Owen's, Sami Zayn nobody in NXT can save WWE.

Ā 

There are no potential mega stars left in wrestling anywhere in the world for WWE to discover. Any wrestler who has a decent look and can flip around is in with a chance of being signed to WWE Performance Centre, that's not great. WWE is having to roll out the tried and tested Tough Enough and scower the world to find potential talent because Triple H looked around the NXT locker room, sighed quietly and thought...The future of WWE is fucked.

• Paid Members

It's embarrassing that WWE are still using the giant crash mat in this day and age, as was the case in the Owen's segment with Machine Gun Kelly. They made no attempt to even hide the fact it was a a crash mat who said wrestling is fake?....WWE did last night.

Ā 

Ā 

What would you rather they do, have them powerbomb a minor celebrity on concrete? I don't think it matters whether it looked fake or not, it's about spectacle. no one is watching thinking 'hmm, this stuff used to look so real, it's like they're not even trying to kill that shit rapper'. Except for the #PGSUX brigade, whose opinion is so archaically irrelevant at this stage.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

There are no potential mega stars left in wrestling anywhere in the world for WWE to discover. Any wrestler who has a decent look and can flip around is in with a chance of being signed to WWE Performance Centre, that's not great. WWE is having to roll out the tried and tested Tough Enough and scower the world to find potential talent because Triple H looked around the NXT locker room, sighed quietly and thought...The future of WWE is fucked.

Ā 

Ā 

Surely you're not that delusional? They aren't using Tough Enough to genuinely scout for the next big thing, it's just to create more "reality" based programming for the network . I'm sure if someone amazing falls into their lap as a happy accident, they'd be delighted, but I don't think for a second Tough Enough of all things is being used as a last ditch method to 'save' the future of the company. Which is probably in the safest hands it's been in years given the infrastructure put in place with NXT and the performance center.

To say that WWE are using Tough Enough to find the next big thing is ludicrous. The only people currently enjoying a WWE career after that show are The Miz, who took years to wash the stink of the show off him, and Ryback, who sat in developmental for years after it. You could add Cameron to that list, but let's not.

Ā 

As mim said, it's network filler. To say different is mad.

• Moderators

Just from watching the highlights of Raw on wwe.com it's really apparent how mundane and lifeless the show has come. It's hardly must see TV, it feels as though they are just going through the motions and throwing together the obvious at the last minute.

Ā 

There is very little in the way of star power on Raw these days and it doesn't say much for the young Superstars when WWE are still having to rely on a already established veteran in Brock Lesnar to bring some life to the show and even he looked like he couldn't be bothered.

Ā 

Ā 

WWE has really lost its momentum and for me is flat-lining. The WWE Performance Centre and NXT may be bursting with talent but do we really want the WWE machine producing generic WWE Superstars and molding them to work a WWE style? You can be the best wrestler in the world and be able to do 650s and shooting star presses or whatever but if you havent got star power then your fucked and looking at the wrestlers in NXT they all seem to be able to do those flips and flops ike those in ROH or like the kind of wrestlers who perform in Community Centres up and down the UK in front of 50 people but the future isn't looking very bright. Samoa Joe, Kevin Owen's, Sami Zayn nobody in NXT can save WWE.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

You start by admitting you didn't actually watch the show and so I assume if you're not watching RAW you're not watching WWE, then you go on to critique the company. Good work. Already I can see that your argument, as ever, isn't the dribblings of someone who struggles not to piss on their hands but is instead coming from a place of knowledge and reasoning which allows you to argue from a position of strength.

Ā 

Ā 

"There is very little in the way of star power on Raw these days and it doesn't say much for the young Superstars when WWE are still having to rely on a already established veteran in Brock Lesnar to bring some life to the show and even he looked like he couldn't be bothered."

Ā 

Indeed, with there being little star power on Raw how tragic is it that they're bring back their biggest star under contract? I mean how is bringing back their biggest star going to improve the lack of star power.

Ā 

Ā 

"It's embarrassing that WWE are still using the giant crash mat in this day and age, as was the case in the Owen's segment with Machine Gun Kelly. They made no attempt to even hide the fact it was a a crash mat who said wrestling is fake?....WWE did last night."

Ā 

Quite right. When doing dangerous spots with people who've never taken a bump in their lives they really shouldn't use crash mats, after all it's not as if they crowd pop for someone taking a pop from the ramp due to it's height and don't think about what the landing takes place on. That's why the crowd would always been deathly quiet when someone would get chokeslammed off the ramp onto a table covered in a black sheet which would be hiding things to break the fall. The crowd would never make a peep, would they? Nor did they last night. The non-working rapper should have taken a flat back bump from height onto the concrete really for a similar crowd response, you know... just for 'fabe's sake.

Ā 

Ā 

"WWE has really lost its momentum and for me is flat-lining. The WWE Performance Centre and NXT may be bursting with talent but do we really want the WWE machine producing generic WWE Superstars and molding them to work a WWE style? You can be the best wrestler in the world and be able to do 650s and shooting star presses or whatever but if you havent got star power then your fucked and looking at the wrestlers in NXT they all seem to be able to do those flips and flops ike those in ROH or like the kind of wrestlers who perform in Community Centres up and down the UK in front of 50 people but the future isn't looking very bright. Samoa Joe, Kevin Owen's, Sami Zayn nobody in NXT can save WWE."

Ā 

Indeed, it does my head in people like Tyler Breeze, Baron Corbin, Bull Dempsey, Mojo Rawley, Rhyno, Big Cass and all the rest doing all those moonsaults and "650" splashes. If only they worked a more simple style which told stories within the confines of a simply booked one hour show every week? That'd make more sense wouldn't it. And you're right about Samoa Joe, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn being unable to save WWE. I mean, Samoa Joe's been all over WWE TV as a face of the company and failed there miserably, Sami Zayn completely failed to get a rub off a very poor match with John Cena which the crowd shat on and didn't accept Sami Zayn, and Kevin Owens? Christ, where to begin? His whole run has been an utter calamity hasn't it? I mean, putting him over Cena in his first mainh roster match, on a PPV, cleanly. They'll never make a star that way. And the way they've portrayed and as on Cena's level afterwards is even more of a joke. I mean, how's he going to get over and be in a place he can draw if he's being put in those positions?

Ā 

Ā 

"There are no potential mega stars left in wrestling anywhere in the world for WWE to discover. Any wrestler who has a decent look and can flip around is in with a chance of being signed to WWE Performance Centre, that's not great. WWE is having to roll out the tried and tested Tough Enough and scower the world to find potential talent because Triple H looked around the NXT locker room, sighed quietly and thought...The future of WWE is fucked."

Ā 

You're right. If Vince had any idea what he was doing he'd close the company now. It's damaged beyond repair. They're only on course to get 100,000 in the stadium for next years Wrestlemania. They're clearly fucked. HHH should commit Vince, cut his losses, and sell up to Global Force.

• Moderators

Because as a mod I'm not meant to be mean to people anymore unless they post idiocy, and he posts idiocy and I can get rid of all my meanness and bastardry and so be nice when it comes to dealing with moderator duties.

IF, and admittedly it's a big if, the reports are true and Rollins will turn face and face HHH at SummerSlam, I think it is a real shame.
Rollins has really hit his stride as a heel ever since he became champion and the arrogant prick heel who somehow manages to always escape with the title has life left. HHH, as the grizzled vet, should turn babyface and teach the arrogant young punk a lesson, in my opinion, but HHH has always enjoyed being the heel more so it inevitably means Rollins turns.

If this 'thing' with Paige and The Bellas leads to anything other than Saraya Knight joining her daughter, even for a one-off, to kick the Bellas arses (which I'm sure will never happen in a million years) then I shall be disappointed. Not massively, not even to the point where I would give it a second thought to be honest, I'd just be like 'Oh...shame. Never mind'.

I think WWE's future looks really bright, to be honest, they have a lot of new, younger guys that they are deliberately letting simmer for now who can carry the company going forward.Ā 

Plus, R-Truth's new gimmick of being completely clueless is pretty funny to me in a 'it's harmless and adds a bit of fun' kinda way.

Ā 

• Paid Members

I thought the look Rollins shot Triple H when Lesnar's music hit was the best bit of character work he's done since winning the big belt. Really added to the moment when Lesnar's music hit.

While I'm chuffed Lesnar is back, the reason for it is rubbish and Sunday lazy. Hopefully it leads to some sort of set up where The Authority use this as an opportunity to get back at Lesnar or Rollins. Otherwise it's well weak.

Ā 

They're really trying with Owens. Thought the powerbomb on the knob was a welcome change of pace.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

So Rollins is going face yeah. This is a lot of fucking about to get back at Brock otherwise, also If they go Seth/HHH, the Authority must not win, possibly even help from his old Shield mates if run ins occur. Either way, Rollins must win that feud.

C-Rock says Lesnar looked like he could'nt be botheredĀ  :blink: The dude bounced out the curtain like Edge did or a top babyface and looked plenty fired up

Ā 

Wyatt needs Rowan and Harper back, I like him fine but they added something extra to him and would give whoever hes feuding with two guys to work with before him, I thought the MITB match would've been perfect for all 3 to appear round the ladder as wyatt did and batter everyone, it would've done there credibilaty the world of good.

Ā 

Wonder why Lesnar vs Rollins is at Battleground and not Summerslam? wonder who the beast will face at Slam?