The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Big E's still knocking about with them on live events on the tour, so yeah, I'd expect he'll get his vignette next week -- and thus there was no harm in him being on a C show this week.

However A New Day ends up playing out, it should be better than a crap Nation rehash.

• Paid Members

I think the point in not making them an NoD rip off is that none of them have even an ounce of charisma that The Rock had, so there would be little chance of it being pulled off well. Plus you can't really take "you've been holding the black man down" seriously when one of them is a multiple time Intercontinental, United States and Tag Team Champion.

There was a version of the Nation long before the Rock. And charisma was not one of their better known qualities.

Big E's still knocking about with them on live events on the tour, so yeah, I'd expect he'll get his vignette next week -- and thus there was no harm in him being on a C show this week.

However A New Day ends up playing out, it should be better than a crap Nation rehash.

I've no idea if this will be any good but have to give them credit for trying something different and fresh. Would have been too easy to pull the race stuff. And they'd have got slaughtered for the unoriginality of it anyway.

I think the point in not making them an NoD rip off is that none of them have even an ounce of charisma that The Rock had, so there would be little chance of it being pulled off well. Plus you can't really take "you've been holding the black man down" seriously when one of them is a multiple time Intercontinental, United States and Tag Team Champion.

There was a version of the Nation long before the Rock. And charisma was not one of their better known qualities.

I know that, but Dem Wans constantly pining for the Attitude era will undoubtedly compare it to The Rock's NoD. Which is why I think WWE didn't go down the militant black guys route, I'd imgaine Trips, Vince and Co. are fed up of hearing "plz bring bak da attitude era."

• Paid Members

Why is the Nation considered as a "Black" or "Racist" stable? The only resemblance is that Faarooq dressed like a black panther at the time. Was it an afircan american movement when Owen Hart was in it? Or Savio, PG13 Or Crush??

The Malcolm X hand signal was a sign of black supremacy. Faarooq cut promos accusing the WWF and Vince McMahon of being racist. There was no real ambiguity. The race element did get watered down the longer it went on.

Why is the Nation considered as a "Black" or "Racist" stable? The only resemblance is that Faarooq dressed like a black panther at the time. 

Well, at that time they were based on the Nation of Islam, with their headgear and adoption of Muslim names.

Also, when Faarooq booted Crush out, he said he was forming a "Bigger, Badder, Better and Blacker" Nation.

Faarooq went on to say that Ahmed Johnson wasn't black enough when he was kicked out of the Nation due to injuries. It was definitely a stable based around race, for a short while at least.

Edited by neil is brill

The best part of the NoD was seeing so many nerdy white guys raising their fists in the air, I caught it again recently when watching The Rocks monday night war episode and had to laugh.

(I'd so do the same tbf..)

Edited by Merzbow

Yes they did have white members like Owen Hart, but when they did you may as well of called them "Token". Also the fact their main fued was vs a Mexican street gang and a American biker club did not help matters.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the Nation. But the whole thing was steeped in race.