The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

The thing with putting younger guys over is that it doesn't necessarily mean anything, especially when it's all you do. Chavo Guerrero put loads of younger guys over, but they didn't gain much from it bar experience. RVD has lost to Barrett and Cesaro most weeks since he came back, and beating him doesn't do anything for them now. It'd mean far more if RVD beat younger guys for a month or two, then put a Cesaro or Barrett over in a big match, rather than just getting pinned by them all the time. His shit performances are no worse than WWE deserves from him. It's got to be one of the worst returns they've ever done.

• Moderators
Edit: also liked the sly dig at TNA - King said that Colter in Italian is pronounced Carter when they were talking about where Colter comes from.

I think you might be reading too much into that. I think you're the only person who still even watches TNA......

• Paid Members
Yeah, that's with the assumption they have a Money In The Bank briefcase up for grabs on the Money In The Bank "Special Event".

Yeah, I'm not convinced they will, what with the match being turned into for the titles. There's nothing stopping them from doing a second ladder match on the show, obviously, thought putting barrett in it wouldnt look great seeing as he's already lost a qualifier

• Paid Members
...obviously, thought putting barrett in it wouldnt look great seeing as he's already lost a qualifier

I don't think that matters. They've had bigger losers than Barrett win the thing, nevermind just competing. In 6 months few will remember the loss, especially if Barrett is protected.

Edited by ColinBollocks

Edit: also liked the sly dig at TNA - King said that Colter in Italian is pronounced Carter when they were talking about where Colter comes from.

I think you might be reading too much into that. I think you're the only person who still even watches TNA......

And even I haven't watched it for nearly a year now!

I can't quite work out what RVD is doing there, to be honest. In the era of huge monsters he seemed like a breath of fresh air in WWE; with the current roster he just seems an anachronism.

It'd mean far more if RVD beat younger guys for a month or two, then put a Cesaro or Barrett over in a big match, rather than just getting pinned by them all the time.

At which point everyone would complain that RVD was beating the younger talent instead of putting them over. WWE are in a position where they cannot win no matter what they do with RVD.

First Raw I've watched in weeks, fast forwarded most of it. The vomiting was stupid, I wouldn't of liked it anyway, but why couldn't they make it more realistic. What did people think of Stardust? I thought he was gonna come out in some sort of Goldust gimmick, but it thought it was gonna be a parody, but think they played it more straight and the fans didn't like it.

• Paid Members

Stardust has a cool look that you can see shifting a lot of action figures, but hopefully next week his entrance doesn't come across as somebody doing an interpretive dance of the Goldust gimmick 17 years ago. Goldust knows to calm things down if he's trying to get cheers and if he is camping it up as a babyface it's during a bit of comedy.

All three members of The Shield came across as big deals. Not really a fan of the generic music they gave the other two, but pleased Reigns is still using The Shield music, seeing as folk know it and react to it.

Enjoyed RVD looking like he was getting bollocked when he was stood on the ramp at the beginning looking at his shoes, Christ he needs to retire though, he's horrendous

The Rusev/Reigns showdown was quality

Paige and Cameron was decent for what it was

Well Cena (or Orton) can drop the belt to Bryan next month and not be hurt by it. Reigns can't. If Bryan's not coming back soon, then Cena for the win and Rollins to win a Money in the Bank case and cash in on him. That's what I'd do anyway.

I enjoyed Raw. The Shield all looked great, the Stephanie/HHH/Vickie stuff was silly fun, the battle royal was great. Paige and Cameron had a much better match than I thought -- though her character work and selling were still beyond woeful, some of Paige's moves looked good and the basic idea of the match was solid. Rusev had two entertaining segments. Bray Wyatt and Sheamus had a nice war of words.

Cena vs Kane is usually a recipe for mediocre shit, but they had a really good TV main event.

There's little focused direction at the moment, but there's enough going on at the top that it's holding my interest.