The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
I don't think I've ever liked any of Daniel Bryan's t-shirts, until now. The Obey rip-off he wore on Raw was very nice. I think it's fair for WWE to rip-off Obey, considering they've nicked WWE's biggest stars for their logo in the first place.

I agree completely, that t-shirt is great, everything else he's had is terrible but I'd maybe at a pinch wear that if someone gave it to me.

Fuck Cesaro is so great, he's my favourite new wrestler for ages, his match against Cena was awesome. Cena's situp out of the big swing was one of my favourite spots of the year so far

Was undertaker even on a bike? Why are they making toys of his old gimmick?

That's a strange question, they make loads of great toys of old gimmicks

Edited by Call me Bellend

• Paid Members

Cesaro is obviously fantastic in the ring and a bit shit on the mic..I don' t think that should stop them pushing him though. Alberto Del Rio is naff on the mic and he's been in a prominent position for years. I think Cesaro has more upside than Del Rio in the long term. It'll be tricky but if handled right I think Cesaro could be a prominent figure in the main event/upper card.

• Paid Members

Not to mention, also, that Orton, whilst not being absolutely terrible on the mike, has never been one to set the world on fire with it. In many cases, he's been quite hit-and-miss in his promos, but in his prime it was backed up with excellent characters and character progression (before he got stale, obviously), and he had the benefit of some excellent booking to help with that, before they jobbed him out by putting him in the same arena as Shane.

• Paid Members
Orton hasn't had many "hit" promos. He's 99% miss. His Rick Rude one a month or two back was good though.

I don't mean "hit" as in "ohhh, that's money" - I mean as in when he's been relatively solid. Examples would be when he was the Legend Killer, his injury updates, when he threatened to sue WWE when they threatened to strip him of his Rumble-win place in the WM main event, his stuff with Rated RKO, and his stuff with Triple H and Stephanie. He was pretty watchable back then.

• Moderators
Cesaro is obviously fantastic in the ring and a bit shit on the mic..I don' t think that should stop them pushing him though. Alberto Del Rio is naff on the mic and he's been in a prominent position for years. I think Cesaro has more upside than Del Rio in the long term. It'll be tricky but if handled right I think Cesaro could be a prominent figure in the main event/upper card.

Doesn't Del Rio get cut loads of slack because he appeals to hispanic audiences though? Just like how they kept Carlito on for longer than they wanted to even though he clearly couldn't be arsed.

• Paid Members

Doesn't Del Rio get cut loads of slack because he appeals to hispanic audiences though? Just like how they kept Carlito on for longer than they wanted to even though he clearly couldn't be arsed.

I think there's also the dynasty element in there, too - Vince seems to have some reverence for wrestling families. Del Rio's the nephew of Mil Mascaras, Carlito's the son of Carlos Colon, so I think they'd get cut a lot more slack than, say, Camacho or Hunico.

• Awards Moderator
Camacho is Haku's son...nobody wants to mess with that

Definitely not. You never know when you're going to need a good deal on a second hand car.

*applause gif*

Raw was really enjoyable this week and the perfect way to go home for Elim. There's seeds of stuff coming too and it's reaaalllly nice to see two future stars get an excellent showing with Reigns looking utterly indestructible and Cesaro growing. The reactions from both their tells (the floor punch and neck crack respectively) showed how desperate the crowd are to get behind these guys. Did you hear all the people join in with Reigns's bellow?

Excellent all round. But yeah why did Lawler shout at Barrett two weeks ago? That's going the way of GTV that one.

• Paid Members
You think? I don't think he gives a shit about the dynasty itself, but he does probably equate it to drawing power (and rightly so in most cases, I think).

Normally I'd agree, but I hearken back to that article about David Hart Smith, that reported that Vince was apparently pissed off to read they'd signed him and done nothing with him, talking about him being a "pedigree kid", or something along those lines.

Camacho is Haku's son...nobody wants to mess with that

Definitely not. You never know when you're going to need a good deal on a second hand car.

• Paid Members
Excellent all round. But yeah why did Lawler shout at Barrett two weeks ago? That's going the way of GTV that one.

It was shit as well, and made no sense.

"Hey Barrett! I've got some bad news for you: I hope you're not here next week!"

What?