The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Completely agree. Take Bret/Austin off of 13 and you're left with a very poor show

Crazy logic. He never said it isn't rubbish. But when you think WM13, you think "Best match in WWE history". So not even remotely "forgettable".

Wonder who The Bar will face? surely it has to be a new team, I'd quite like then to have an open challenge and have Authors of Pain debut, War Machine would be good too but I reckon they'll go through nxt first.

Yeah on Mania, everyone should want/need to be part of it, in story and real life its where the most eyes and biggest payday are, clusterfuck matches are part of mania now which is fine since pretty much all top matches are straight singles so multi man matches break up the card.

Rollins vs Miz for ic title for example can happen anytime but a 6 way ladder match doesn't.

3 hours ago, Bukamania said:

Chicago Street Fight was bloody great!

Correct.

I agree that it didn't really "feel" like a Mania though, the arena was lit poorly and looked like any other show they did that year, and I think it was the sixth most bought wrestling PPV on 1997 - can you even conceive a situation in which that is the case in 2018?

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Supremo said:

It’s a super minor thing, but something that’s really starting to get on my tits is the  way, in storyline, Wrestlemania is promoted less as a show where rivalries are finally settled and more as a weird “event,” that everyone wants to attend. Cena crying that he wont be on the show, or everyone talking about how they need their, “road to Wrestlemania.” Its proper shit. 

It struck me the most when Kurt Angle told the Miz that if people interfered in his match then he wouldn’t be allowed to go to Wrestlemania. It was like a parent threatening to punish their child. If you don’t eat all your vegetables you won’t be allowed to go to your friends birthday party!

It's not just you. "No clear path to WrestleMania" was a fucking garbage soundbyte thrown out time and time again at Chambers, like there's any fucking chance Cena doesn't "make it" or whatever. And time and time again in Chambers and other title matches on Feb/March shows, "(X) is going to WrestleMania!!111" has been squealed at the three count, taking precedence over THEY JUST WON THE FUCKING WORLD TITLE. It's shite.

9 hours ago, Supremo said:

It’s a super minor thing, but something that’s really starting to get on my tits is the  way, in storyline, Wrestlemania is promoted less as a show where rivalries are finally settled and more as a weird “event,” that everyone wants to attend. Cena crying that he wont be on the show, or everyone talking about how they need their, “road to Wrestlemania.” Its proper shit. 

I'm not really on board with that one, at least not for everything on the bill. Being on (the top end of) the WrestleMania card is bigger than a world title win or ending a feud. Wrestlers are going to talk about ending feuds and all that every month. AJ Styles can hate Kevin Owens in September and have a hardcore match at Battleground or whatever. It doesn't set WrestleMania apart. They need to emphasise that WrestleMania is the show, and with the part-time stars running low, having the current guys pointing at the sign and desperately jostling to get on the card reminds us of its prestige.

• Paid Members

Do you think, rather than their entertainment channel? I suppose that is how it works over here what with it being on Sky Sports, but WWE on sports networks over will seem a bit strange.

Yeah they are keeping Fox, FS1 & 2 & Fox News and selling everything else, Raw would be on Fox, Smackdown on FS1 but both would probably have to move as Fox does the World Series & FS1 does one divisional playoff.

Murdoch is trying to buy the rest of Sky but probably won't be allowed, they own 39% already but Comcast are said to want to buy 61% and perhaps buy the rest off Murdoch or Disney.