The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I'd love to know who wrote Seths first promo. I'm fairly sure it was meant to be a bayface promo, but every word made him sound like an utter cunt.

Just watching the third hour and it starts with a recap of Seths promo and highlights a part where he threatens Steph's kids...erm...

Also when Heyman mentioned Hulk Hogans name in his promo, there were quite a few boos. Nice to see not everyone forgot about the weird shit he said before the lawsuit story took over.

• Paid Members

I'm glad that Joe has made it to the main roster, but I'm massively disappointed it's on RAW. Smackdown is crying out for someone like him, and Joe vs. Cena would've made for a great Wrestlemania match. Plus, this Seth vs. Triple H stuff is so shit that I don't want my favourites getting involved. If we taken is as granted that it's Seth vs. Triple H at Wrestlemania, and probably Seth vs. Samoa Joe at Fast Lane, where does this leave Joe for Mania? Who is there on the RAW brand for him to feud with?

I'm glad that Joe has made it to the main roster, but I'm massively disappointed it's on RAW. Smackdown is crying out for someone like him, and Joe vs. Cena would've made for a great Wrestlemania match. Plus, this Seth vs. Triple H stuff is so shit that I don't want my favourites getting involved. If we taken is as granted that it's Seth vs. Triple H at Wrestlemania, and probably Seth vs. Samoa Joe at Fast Lane, where does this leave Joe for Mania? Who is there on the RAW brand for him to feud with?

Assuming his feud with Roman is tied up after Fast Lane...

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe.

Shame that Laredo crowd were dead silent during Hunter's segment at the end. Seemed to continue with very little reaction when Joe came out and attacked. It just didn't provide the designed frenzy you'd have expected out of this for a flagship show, and lacked energy due to this God awlful town.

Can't fault the talent, they did what was required via the script handed out, however the writing for Rollins in particular baffled me once again as to who he's supposed to be playing which I find incredible even still. The kids line showing up at their house I just didn't understand for a supposed face.

The T/O interruption was fine on Saturday, but what a difference in production Vince signed off last night compared to Hunter's vision moving forward.

Edited by undercover elephant

I can't help but feel they have booked themselves into a corner now with Joe. 

If the end game is Trips v Rollins at Mania and Joe v Rollins at Fastlane then they will want to keep Rollins strong for Trips at Mania, so does that mean Joe loses his first big match or only wins it because Hunter interferes.

And then what for Mania? Perhaps they go down the Joe v Styles route if they go for the inter-promotional match or maybe Joe v Balor with Finn coming back and demanding a title shot and the Authority telling him he has to get through Joe first?

• Paid Members

Just hoping and praying Joe doesn't get swathed in 'Authority' faction bollocks.

I don't mind him as a hired gun initially, in the same vein as when he first debuted in RoH as the enforcer for Daniels' stable.

• Paid Members

As jonneyb said 

The only issue is, we are getting Rollins vs HHH at maina arnt we.

This means Joe will get beat well and truly by then it could kill him before he even get going if hes used as fodder for the feud. I also echo the smackdown thougths. He would have been much more use over there right now

• Paid Members

The last thing Joe should be doing is losing to shittest babyface of all time. In fact, they should start a winning streak immediately so that he's ready to face Brock for the title after Wrestlemania.

Edit: Actually, this is Seth Rollins we're talking about. I doubt we have any reason to worry about Joe losing to him at Fastlane. The way they script Seth, he'll probably lose to Joe clean. He won't even pass out to the choke or anything resembling noble or brave. He'll tap out before Joe even locks it on fully, such is he the worst written babyface in the history of professional wrestling.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

Easy fix, you have Joe beat the fuck out of Rollins and getting deliberately DQ'd, ostensibly softening up Rollins for Triple H, Rollins can get his heat back by playing the valiant babyface, refusing to stay down even when Triple H joins in after the match. Then you transition to Rollins vs Triple H and Joe spins off to another programme. 

• Paid Members

I didn't expect to see Joe debut here at all so it definitely got a pop out of me, especially for beating the hell out of that toe rag Rollins.

However it makes no sense. Smackdown is crying out for him (not as it's a bad show, but they are thin and it's the tine for an injection of new blood to prevent things becoming stale). Why he wouldn't debut over on the blue brand as the next guy up for Cena I have no idea. Especially with the likes of Brock and Strowman on Raw at the minute. I can always get on board with Seth getting the shit kicked out of him, but I really hope he doesn't go over Joe at Fast Lane. Joe needs to pulverise him in their match and set up an interpromotional match with Cena, and then get drafted to Smackdown to continue it onwards.

Overall the show had it's peaks and troughs, but it definitely moved things along to their next destination nicely. Trips cut a good promo, as did Heyman. Seth continued to be a heel which means I feel justified cheering him get beat up. Roman and Strowman had some nice advancement, with both guys looking very strong. Hopefully Goldberg when he accepts Brock's challenge next week also scores himself a match with Owens for Fast Lane.

The absence of New Day was a positive. Neville and Swann had a good segment with both guys looking well. Austin Aries was great interviewing the wooden Tony Nese. Jericho and Owens were fun on the show as well I thought and Strowman continued to look like a monster with the fear they showed of him, and from taking all of Reigns offence and getting right back up.

Thumbs up on the whole despite the usual lulls that happen on a 195 minute show.