The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I liked the Finn Balor thing, but can you really have a World Champion that can only cut pre-taped promos?

Yes, easily. But them? No, never. Which is why we end up with guys who can't cut 15 minute live promos cutting 15 minute live promos. And sucking, oddly.

Strange show -- again, you can tell they're trying, but they haven't got their heads around it. And they are slipping back into "let's kill 20 with these guys doing their workrate" territory.

The main event was weird. Like they had no content to end the show on, but thought a Foley/Bryan chat was a good sell and had to convolute some way to get out of it.

I enjoyed the build-up for the main two SummerSlam matches on the show, and I'm hoping we get a New Day vs Jericho/Owens feud after that. Is Big E just off selling the ball injury, or is he actually out injured at the moment?

I liked the Finn Balor thing, but can you really have a World Champion that can only cut pre-taped promos?

They managed to have Brock as world champion for six months or so, and he can't do a live wrestling promo to save his life. Course, him only being there half a dozen times in that six months helped.

I bet they wish they'd caught that on camera. They could have used it next time they ran the same building, with The Undertaker actually there. Cut to a "live" external shot as he's making his entrance, and BOOM! See? You thought Taker's tricks had just been artificial pyro all these years, dincha?

• Paid Members

Cesaro vs Sheamus in a best of 7 is a nightmare I'm going to make sure to skip every week. The fucking horror.

Enjoyed "I don't give a shit about your kids".

Edited by FelatioLips

• Paid Members

Best of fucking seven? Sheamus vs. Cesaro? Fuck the world.

The Colons win!

Seth Rollins is a colossal bore and the Demon stuff is pants. As a mind games thing in big matches, I can buy into it. As a separate entity people are afraid of and search for, it's hokey 90s shite.

Ruse carried the show. Reigns was great in action as usual but them just going back to smiley babyface shows they've no clue at all what they need to do with him. His delivery is better but the Cena-lite material is shit. Still a massive shame because he's excellent in the ring. Reigns and Rusev for the US Title is miles bigger than Rollins vs. Balor. It's baffling that it's this way around.

Heath Slater was ace. Again.

I know it doesn't mean much in the context of things these days but Reigns v Rusev on RAW the week before they face off at SummerSlam is a fucking rubbish thing to do. It's also just completely spoiled the result on Sunday as there's no way Reigns is going over twice in a row.

Giving away the Demon on RAW too was a bit shit although it's the most interesting the storyline has been to be fair. Can only assume it's changed to "Demon King" because Kane has dibs on the Demon name. Was the fan set up or real? If it was real, Seth dealt with it very well.

That's the best promo I think I've seen Brock Lesnar give - "I don't give a shit about your kids" was brilliant. Heath is great too, hope this carries on to a point fans get behind him ending with a big win to finally win a contract.

Best of seven between Sheamus and Cesaro? No thanks.

The best of seven series starting at SummerSlam seems a bit daft, given Cesaro has already beat Sheamus twice in the past couple of weeks. So it is effectively a best of nine. Just to really cheer those up who are already dreading it. 

Rusev/Reigns and Balor as the Demon should both have been saved for SummerSlam itself. Although, is this an opportunity for them to get Lana and Rusev away from each other? Rusev couldn't beat Reigns when defending Lana's honour but he could when the US Title is on the line - basically trying to say Rusev cares more about the US Title than he does his wife.

Love the best of seven concept, despise Sheamus and Cesaro so that's that fucked.

Liked a few things on this show, the Lesnar and Slater stuff was terrific I thought, something about it felt more real than we normally get, that overly scripted garbage feel wasn't there. Heath is really good.

Enjoyed the Reigns entrance for his match, just walking with intent, Austin always makes a big deal out of little things like that and it makes a huge difference, the way he usually ambles out to the stage just to me creates a disconnect, if they want him to be an ass kicking face he has to walk to the ring with purpose.

Finally, and my favourite thing was Rusev calling Reigns a Greasy pig.