The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Almost everything was average to good with the exception of Chris Jericho who was actually amazing. He completely stole the show for me this week.

In a complete turn around from this time last year the idea of Rusev vs Reigns has me really excited for some reason. If they do this match right it could be great!

One little thing I was happy with was Balor not having to wrestle. It was an issue I brought up after last week on who they could throw him in the ring with now that would benefit him so thankfully they didn't just give him a throwaway match that does nothing. 

I really, REALLY want Sasha Vs Charlotte to be contested in a cage at some point, preferably blue bar!

I'm hoping for the same thing.

They had an epic regular singles match, so re-hashing that a second time serves no purpose. Doing how they did Sasha vs Bayley last year, by adding a stipulation to make the rematch different makes a lot of sense.

Couple that with Dana's interference constantly playing a part, Foley announcing a cage match to ensure there is no interference would be logical.

What women's gimmick matches have we had?

Obviously we had the iron man last year, and I remember a hardcore brawl with bin lids and stuff between Trish and Victoria at Survivors '02

Apart from mud pits and evening gowns that must be our lot right?

Lita & Victoria had a cage match on RAW at some point, I think it was one of those Raw Roulette shows in Las Vegas.

There has been a lot of Battle Royals too obviously, Gail Kim won the Women's Title in one on her debut.

One of my all-time favourite WWE Women's matches was a Hardcore Match between Trish Stratus & Victoria.

It was a Chicago Streetfight on RAW in January 2003, two months after their Survivor Series match. Less botches, more crowd heat, and a great run-in at the end.

Christ, for as much charisma they have at everything else, Banks and Balor lack any real conviction when they speak don't they. I knew it about Balor but for some reason always thought that Banks was more of an all rounder for some reason. The jokes they gave Charlotte about Sasha being a slag just leaves a bad taste in the mouth and shows how little's changed in terms of the women.

Strap the rocket intended for Reigns right onto Enzo. Get him on the chat shows and award shows, he will go viral if they get him in the mainstream. The tag with Jericho/Steen is going to be gold if they avoid just having them trade wins until Summerslam and actual put some effort into skits. Plus don't stick Zayn and a heel inand make it a smosh.

I thought Sasha was terrible and Charlotte completely overshadowed her. I think Sasha is a natural heel and the boss character doesn't fit a babyface properly. It's fine if she's just wrestling, but once you start doing promos it just doesn't work.

The problem with Finn Balor is it was just too obvious he was reading lines and there was no conviction at all. Looked like a mid carder being scolded by a real main eventer.

On the plus side, Jericho was tremendous again. Lesnar and Orton had a really good kick off for their match. Owens had a tie. Stephanie didn't do much. Mark Henry was hopefully battered into retirement.

Lastly, as impossible as it was, that Rusev promo was the perfect setup for a Kurt Angle return. I dared to dream. Instead we got attempt number 77 of "how can we get Roman over this week". Should be a good match though and bumping him out of the main event might help him a bit with the shit fans that boo him because they want to fit in.

• Paid Members

I genuinely thought Charlotte was dreadful, how on earth the daughter of Ric Flair can make being an unlikable heel so much work and not just change the channel level dreadful is beyond me. Same for Kevin Owens commentary, the guy's naturally unlikable as a character and that should be enough, the constant talking over the commentators there as their job grated on me, it was all the worst bits of JBL without any of the good. Even later on with Jericho he was better, but he spends too much time trying to get cheap heat on Saxton and Cole.

Rest of the show I thoroughly enjoyed, Zayn vs Rollins was a great little TV main event that could be a fun little program in the future, Sami remained strong throughout. Roman going against Rusev is perfect booking, redemption through becoming an American hero works, you assume Rusev is dropping the belt if he's having another wedding in Bulgaria in September. I'm more gutted they keep hyping up Kurt Angle it seems, the no Olympic Hero, nobody deserves medals, supreme athlete then someone else shows up, glad Rusev is getting a semi main push though.

I love Braun Strowman, has he been pinned yet when with the Wyatt's? I know they've took him off his feet on a few occasions, but I'd love for him to go on a monster push, the guy looks money. Don't go the manager route either, he's been unleashed, let him stay unleashed and just destroy people for fun.

Once Bayleys up, on a cross promotional PPV they really need to do a womens Elimination Chamber. Sasha, Charlotte, Nia Jax, Bayley, Becky and Eva Marie. Even some of those are interchangeable with Dana, Alexa, either Bella, Nattie (probably not sodding Nattie!) within a years time. The time is now more than ever with this division. I don't know if they've given up on this gimmick for some absurd reason but it's been long enough. Otherwise we're just rehashing NXT feuds, admittedly awesome matches but it needs something epic to change it up.

What women's gimmick matches have we had?

Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but there was some sort of Tables match featuring Natalya, Beth Phoenix and, I want to say Laycool, but I'm not sure if it was them.

The tag with Jericho/Steen

Looking forward to Colby vs. Devitt and Good vs. Nemeth a bit more than the tag bout....

Back on topic, Smackdown has a tough act to follow again this week. I'm not expecting anything spectacular but anything is better than last weeks effort. Also, how well was that RKO shot? Kevin Dunn knows how to get the perfect angle for these things. Loved how Orton literally appeared out of nowhere with the RKO.

Do we reckon this Rusev stuff will eventually lead to Kurt Angle then or is Roman the end game?

I know it would probably never happen but in the back of my mind for a slight second I thought Angle was going to return last night when Rusev kept going on about olympic gold medalists.