The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

The New Day might be my most despised act in Wrestling right now, not funny in ANY way, never have good matches, not involved in anything substantial ever, what are they, what the fuck are they. I will tell you what they are, they are a vehicle for that old creep Vince McMahon to get HIS weird fucked up sense of humour on my TV, get the titles off them and get them split up they are miles past their sell by date.

• Paid Members

Their stuff reminds me of Zoolander 2, in that the ideas are usually quite decent, but what they did with it just didn't lead to a good joke sometimes. I like all three men, which means they've got a slight pass. Wyatt's v New Day could and should be a cracking midcard feud, given the dynamic involved, but WWE can be so lazy.

Typing of, I'm also done with "random(s) cost his enemy a match with distraction, so enemy does same later". It's SOOOOOO bloody lazy and reeks of them pressing the auto-booker button because they can't be arsed to think of anything even slightly more creative. I get that they felt doing those two matches would make good telly and pass some time, but how they went about it was rubbish.

Interesting the promos about Reigns. My biggest fear about this is they'll be rubbish enough to just have him come back and do business as usual. Yuck.

Positives. Dean Ambrose looks lovely with that belt.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Awards Moderator

I only watched the clips on WWE.com, so maybe it was just those in isolation, but does JBL ever shut up about how embarrassing Ambrose as champion is? I know he's a heel announcer but there comes a point where it's excessive; you'd have to think anyone casually turning on Raw* is going to hear that and think 'if that's what they think of their own champion, fuck this for a lark' and not bother watching.

*if there is such a thing anymore

I watched the full episode. It's truly drained me to the point where I feel I can't watch another show until the draft. Interesting to see Roman's situation being fully addressed though. Definately the right thing to do.

• Paid Members

They might try and pull a redemption type angle with Reigns suspension return, like all those crap WWE films. It won't work but could see them giving it a go.

Brutal Raw otherwise, New Day, Cesaro and Natalya are insufferable. All that Special Olympic stuff would be grand if you didn't know that Steph was getting moist calculating all the "philanthropy is the future of marketing" potential.

They've gone pretty how everyone predicted. Fun for a while and then run into the ground, now no-one likes them

Except for everyone in the crowd who buy their shirts and merchandise, and the loud (positive) cheers and chants for them at all the shows.

Positives. Dean Ambrose looks lovely with that belt.

He really doesn't. He looks like someone who has borrowed the World Title from his main event pal and will eventually have to give it back to him.

Pretty dull episode again this week.  You knew right from the start that Cena V Styles is obviously booked for Battleground so it just made those matches with a chance to be added into that triple threat match pointless.  Also why have the Raw and Smackdown Draft props on the stage if no fucker is going to use them during a segment?

As I've said I'm looking forward to the Draft taking place on 19th July as it will shake the shows up for sure.  I'm hoping that Raw and Smackdown get a new look with new theme music too while they're at it.

I'm hoping that Raw and Smackdown get a new look with new theme music too while they're at it.

I don't care too much about the music, but a new look for one or both of the shows would be good and feel like the fresh start the split should be.

I also noticed on Raw this week that they're calling it just the WWE Championship again. They've stopped calling it the WWE World Heavyweight Championship all of a sudden. I assume that's because the WHC is coming back out of retirement soon.