The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
Just imagine what the crowd response in that last segment would look like at Mania in front of 80,000 fans in the superdome in a big match scenario.

I am not sure the Wyatts are the right opponents for them, but the idea of a team consisting of Bryan, Cena and Hogan at WM30 would certainly fit the "big match scenario" criteria.

I think that's the match if Hogan passes his physical (or if he fails it and Vince convinced them he wont be doing much). That's the match that's been rumoured for about a month now. Putting Bryan in that company might be a special moment for him. It would make for a cracking pose down, with the "Yes" chants and the You Cant See Mes and the cupped ears. I think the idea is to have Bryan and Cena joined together for a while this year before they do their big rematch. Maybe sort of like a modern day Mega Powers where Bryan wins the belt and Cena and Bryan are onscreen pals before they break up.

Or if he cant wrestle, maybe Hogan will manage them at WrestleMania against the Wyatts and in a homage to SummerSlam 88, Hogan gets his cock out to distract the heels.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

The end of Raw nearly moved me to tears, I need sorting out. Beautiful scenes.

Also, as great as Bryan is - he hasn't really had iconic memorable moments (outside of his matches) as a singles guy since the split from Team Hell No. The spray painting of Orton's car was contrived nonsense, the Bray beat down was special.

Edited by Sexy Dad

• Paid Members

If they don't go against Hogan, Cena and Bryan, then my Mania hope for the Wyatts is still a 6-man tag against The Shield. After that amazing tease in Manchester last year it'd be a shame if The Shield split up before we got that match. I still think the ideal scenario is Wyatts vs. Shield at Mania, then they do the Roman Reigns turn on the post-Mania RAW. Imagine the crowd reaction when he smashes everyone.

Edited by Supremo

Add me to the list of guys bumming that ending to RAW. I really enjoyed seeing Orton punch out Cena's dad as well, i was genuinely shocked that not only did Kofi get the win but he was actually allowed to escape a post-match shit kicking as well which was what i was expecting. I think the only thing that spoilt that segment was the awful OTT screaming going on while Orton went to town on Cena Senior

• Paid Members
Faction vs. faction sounds like a cool concept, but who would be the faces? Both teams are intrinsically bad guys. I guess, at a push, the Shield because of the reactions Roman Reigns is getting.

Not just that. The Shield have been around longer, and so have had more exposure to the crowd. As Freddie Blassie said in his bio, the more they hate you as heels, the more they'll cheer you as faces. It would also be a good way for Creative to test-run not just Reigns as a blue-eye, but the other two as well - not to mention that, if and when they turn on Reigns on the post-Mania RAW, they would get massive heat from a crowd who had been cheering for them the previous night.

• Paid Members
Has anyone mentioned Roman Reigns dropkick on the apron yet? That was fucking lovely.

It was the best part of RAW, for me.

What made it even better was seeing Punk on the receiving end of it.

Has he been on the receiving end of any of your drunken tweets recently?

• Awards Moderator

Just watched the ending and the Reigns dropkick, and have to agree with the consensus, both were fucking lovely. The former has got to be an early frontrunner for the best moment of 2014, and I would be happy for Reigns to work that move into his regular repertoire.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
We can report exclusively that Daniel Bryan was diagnosed with a concussion shortly after RAW went off the air.

Based on preliminary testing by WWE doctors after the show, it’s believed injury took place early in the steel cage match main event. In a sad twist of irony, we are told Bryan does not remember much about last night.

Based on this news, it seems highly unlikely that he’ll be wrestling at tonight’s WWE SmackDown tapings from the DCU Center in Worcester, Massachusetts. No word yet on how long he will be out of action, but he is undergoing testing more today.

Well that's not good. I hope its not severe. If it is, he'll be out of the Rumble. They dont fuck about with concussions these days.

Saying that holding off Bray vs Bryan may not be the worst thing in the world for Bray. They could get some heat on the Wyatts doing an injury angle or something. You assume the Wyatts need to get a bit of heat back anyway.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I thought while watching that the top-rope Russian legsweep looked like it ended with a nasty landing for both of them, but The Uso looked to be worse off than Bryan after they both got up.

I wonder if that was the spot that did it.

Yeah, that ending to Raw was immense, at work yesterday all of the guys who watch wrestling were buzzing about it, not one of them had a bad word to say about it. Also loved the tease when Bryan put his arms out and then went down to his knees and Bray set up Sister Abigale. When that happened I thought that was it but then When Bryan pushed him I still had a slight worry he'd just apologise and allow him to hit Sister Abigale again. When he finally went to work on Bray the reaction was awesome. The way he pulled off the boiler suit to reveal his ring gear was quality too, I think that showed he had it planned all along. The image of him sat atop the cage with Bray down in the ring and Rowan and Harper down outside the ring and everyone doing the "Yes" chant and pointing will be one of those long lasting images for sure.

Add me to the list of guys bumming that ending to RAW. I really enjoyed seeing Orton punch out Cena's dad as well, i was genuinely shocked that not only did Kofi get the win but he was actually allowed to escape a post-match shit kicking as well which was what i was expecting. I think the only thing that spoilt that segment was the awful OTT screaming going on while Orton went to town on Cena Senior

Yeah that screaming when Cena's Dad got attacked nearly sent me under, it was horrific, plus the fact the woman who I think was doing it had a bit smile on her face too. I actually read on ewrestlingnews that Kofi is getting ready to have a character change, new entrance music and booking, it's not clear what direction he's going in but apparently he has been a priority in creative meetings as a talent to use more of and the win against Orton should be the stepping stone into this.

• Paid Members
I thought while watching that the top-rope Russian legsweep looked like it ended with a nasty landing for both of them, but The Uso looked to be worse off than Bryan after they both got up.

I wonder if that was the spot that did it.

Even sadder if that because the spot was greeted with absolute silence!

That visual of Bryan leading the yes chants in the corner was immense.

Echo the love for Reigns dropkick, that was brilliant. I really don't want them to split up The Shield. Tons more potential there IMO. I'd give it another year and have Reigns break out next year during the Rumble.